Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35178
Mojojo33117

Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
6ULDV8
Valued Poster

Default Oops...Sorry, just doin our jobs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...073003299.html
6ULDV8 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow, what an abuse of power. I'm seriously at a loss for words on this story. There's so many things that were done wrong.

The poor dogs, that actually brought a tear to my eyes.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
Wow, what an abuse of power. I'm seriously at a loss for words on this story. There's so many things that were done wrong.

The poor dogs, that actually brought a tear to my eyes.
Wow,

MsElena, I really like you; however, I never cease to wonder at your trust and desire to have things presented in either a perfect way or the way that you can understand. Of course, this should be viewed as an abuse of power. But saying you have a loss for words is telling us that you want things to be what they should be, not how they are.

If anyone thinks the police are here to "protect and serve", they are not looking at reality. The function of the police is to maintain power in the community. They are the power that regulates society, and they need to demonstrate that "command presence" to the community. If it is the inner city, they demonstrate it strongly and often.

They can shoot the dogs if they want to; there is nothing you can do about it: accept it.

We don't have to understand it, or approve of it. That is the way things are!

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
kcmark
Gaining Momentum

No we don't have to understand it or approve of it, and as human beings we shouldn't. We can and should do things about it and never accept it...For crying out loud dude this man was the mayor of the city, which they had to know when they got the search warrant approved. If they can and will do things like this to a mayor what will they do to any of us when they come to our homes? I don't want to live anywhere that sheeple like you live!!!
kcmark is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
thorough9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Welcome to the world of the inner-city.... Except nobody beat his ass with a phone book and he's not facing felony, "with intent do distribute" charges. not to mention there was not immediate detainment and a six-thousand-million dollar bond....

Most cops are social misfits or ex-military guys who become cops solely for their cultivated appetite for power. The existing power structure has changed the laws to "empower" these ex-nerds, dickheads, and power-mongers; and the changes are made so that the police have the power to protect the interests of the rich. So cops can beat your ass, and shoot your dogs, and shoot people, all justified in "the line of duty" but to return the favor is a crime....
thorough9 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

The officer in charge should be fired. There were numerous news articles a couple years ago about drug dealers who would have their drugs delivered to innocent people with the idea that they would arrive when the occupants weren't home and the dealers would either take the packages off the doorstep or pretend to be a neighboor and sign for them. The guy was the mayor. The cops should have known this and I don't think that it took a SWAT team to investigate the matter. Total stupidity.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Cops

Not all cops are bad tempered, power hungry, mean and racist.

I assume the same for Republicans too.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
Wow,

MsElena, I really like you; however, I never cease to wonder at your trust and desire to have things presented in either a perfect way or the way that you can understand. Of course, this should be viewed as an abuse of power. But saying you have a loss for words is telling us that you want things to be what they should be, not how they are.

If anyone thinks the police are here to "protect and serve", they are not looking at reality. The function of the police is to maintain power in the community. They are the power that regulates society, and they need to demonstrate that "command presence" to the community. If it is the inner city, they demonstrate it strongly and often.

They can shoot the dogs if they want to; there is nothing you can do about it: accept it.

We don't have to understand it, or approve of it. That is the way things are!

JR

You're right, I give too much trust to certain people.....like YOURSELF JR. I expected you to keep an email I sent to you private and then you posted it on the board for all to see. Silly me right? Its all my fault. But, I digress.

I live in the real world just fine and I know what reality is. I don't hold the sheep mentality that some have.

The guy has been a mayor of his town for over 6 yrs, his wife holds a high profile job and the local cops just assumed that they're drug dealers? They break the door down and kill the dogs (who are labs and nonconfrontional dogs by nature) like they were freakin pit bulls going after the cops throats.

Its a small town they live in, they don't live in the inner city were breaking down doors are common everyday happenings. I've read about raids on homes where there were dogs and the cops didn't kill them. But of course, that's from seasoned cops who know how to deal with people.

Its my job to question what happens in the world, in my city, in other cities and that goes for my questioning the jobs that LE does too. Without people questioning the actions of others, the world wouldn't be what it is today. I for one, don't roll over and just take it like others do.

So please JR, don't try to insult me by giving me the "I really like you line" when you're trying to "school" me.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
6ULDV8
Valued Poster

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012405711.html
6ULDV8 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women