Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35179
Mojojo33117

Old 04-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #31
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't understand how someone could bash a book that they haven't read. I haven't read it because I have no interest in it.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #32
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

So I guess not reading the book or seeing the movie precludes any comments from the peanut gallery? If only that were true.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #33
john_galt
Valued Poster

For Catnipper; some of the travails of the producers
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/atla...ral-hollywood/
Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #34
BottomFeederKC
Tequila?

Encounters: 177

I read the book. I saw the movie. I enjoyed it a lot.

I felt that the film's screenplay was fairly true to both the original story and Rand's philosophies in general.

The acting was very good. A couple roles were played by some of my fave American character actors.

The direction felt rushed or incomplete. Certain scenes were less than perfect. But they shot it in 6 weeks with only a couple days of advance planning. Very little rehearsing etc. They claim to have shot 10 takes per scene.

The worst thing was the editing. A lot of bad cuts. Made it feel like a made-for-TV drama to me at times. Supposedly they spent a long time in post production, not sure why it felt so jagged to me.

I'm looking forward to parts 2 & 3.

If you want to see a great interview with the producers, check this out

http://www.atlas-shrugged-movie.com/
BottomFeederKC is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #35
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq9udFmsNO0
The Howard Roark trial defense written by Ayn Rand spoken by Gary Cooper.
Roark blew up buildings that were the property of other people (hypocrite), then swore on a Bible (Rand was an Atheist) and testified in court (submitting to the law of the people) that he served no man (exact opposite teachings of Jesus in the Bible that he just swore on).

CAN YOU NOT SEE THE CONTRADICTIONS, MAN?!?
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #36
john_galt
Valued Poster

Howard Roark was a fictitious character (I thought someone told Longer that) and his dialog was written by Rand to make a statement of a man in a trial in the America of 1949. What ever Rand believed is one thing and whatever Roark said he believed is fiction. By the way, that man was really called Gary Cooper and he was an actor. He was not really an architect and he didn't really blow up a building.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #37
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Howard Roark was a fictitious character (I thought someone told Longer that) and his dialog was written by Rand to make a statement of a man in a trial in the America of 1949. What ever Rand believed is one thing and whatever Roark said he believed is fiction. By the way, that man was really called Gary Cooper and he was an actor. He was not really an architect and he didn't really blow up a building.
A little selective isnt it John, when ever there is a negative were told its just fiction but when it's something you believe in and support than were told its something we should follow. For the record I am not casting a postion for or against either the book or the movie, because I have seen or read neither. Just love how you cherry pick points of view.

By JG, have a nice flight home
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #38
1963Cobra
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Wow leave town for a few days and all hell breaks loose. As far as the movie I stil haven't had the pleasure of seeing it. I will make time this week just had a busy weekend.

As far as the book i agree with Ms Eleana why bash a book you haven't read?? If you don't want to read it don't, but don't bash something you haven't had the pleasure of reading. Is it for everyone ? No but it does make some very interesting points and there are some very interesting things that are in the book and things that are going on with our government currently. Car Czars? Taking over Fannie and Freddie and GM? Do i beleive all of her points no but hey I read the bible and didn't agree with everything in that book either. Bottom line is to each his/her own thoughts and comments.
1963Cobra is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #39
john_galt
Valued Poster

DD nipping at my heels, making more unsupported charges. Do you get tired with all the leaping to conclusions?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #40
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
DD nipping at my heels, making more unsupported charges. Do you get tired with all the leaping to conclusions?
Well John if what Roark did was ficition and it was written by Rand, then wouldn't what Rand be fiction. So your asking that the act of fiction be ignored because he no one blew up anything, but then we are to listen and follow to what Rand wrote, which is also a book of fiction, I know you have a serious love for this John, which may be why you are like you are. Oh by the way saw your post in the Kansas City star the other day, what a tard.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #41
john_galt
Valued Poster

I posted in the Kansas City Star??? I'm better than I thought.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #42
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Duh. It's ALL fiction. My point was that it was BAD fiction.

Bad fiction created by a bad writer. Funny how you condemn all Muslims for destroying buildings on 9/11, but think Roark is a hero for blowing up other people's buildings for "artistic" reasons.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #43
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
Funny how you condemn all Muslims for destroying buildings on 9/11, but think Roark is a hero for blowing up other people's buildings for "artistic" reasons.

Longer, leave it to you to make that completely ridiculous comparison.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women