Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452825
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2019, 06:48 PM   #106
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

And yet again you have demonstrated a complete lack of reading comprehension. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Yeah I read what she said and it sounded "suspicious" to be polite-( one of my best traits is my politeness). She, and now I can add you, doesn't know her stuff. Good luck in whatever it is you do. I hope its not related to finance. Then again "she" went from Property Management, to Unemployed and Broke, to a Land Owner and Real Estate Investor. And did all that with no money!
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #107
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
And yet again you have demonstrated a complete lack of reading comprehension. Congratulations.
I forgot. You were one of the investors in Trump Tower Moscow. That's how you got your nickname Moscow Ellen. Im sure you were happy with the tradeoff of Trump being President instead. That's really amazing that you accomplished all of that after being broke during the Obama years. Well done comrade! Bless your Heart
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:39 AM   #108
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

https://www.fxstreet.com/analysis/22...d-201903202038
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:43 AM   #109
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I couldn't have made money under Obama - I was broke

Real Estate/Land
So when Trump took office in January 2017 you had zero money. And today somehow you are well off financially if I am reading your posts correctly. So even though you were broke in January 2017 you somehow made a small fortune with your investments in calendar year 2017. Sounds like a success story for Forbes.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #110
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

First, I apologize if I gave anybody the idea that I am rich. I am not.

Let me make this simple:
Obama economy - bad ( 2008 housing market crash)
Trump - very good.

That's about as simple as I can make it. Hope that helps.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #111
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

Let me make this simple:
Trump - very good.

Have you read and even tried to comprehend my earlier post? Please go back and read post #91 which compares the DJIA under Obama and Trump. The 2008 housing market crash occurred BEFORE Obama took office. I can't make it more simple than that.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #112
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:

Let me make this simple:
Trump - very good.

Bush lost a second term because he increased taxes. Clinton received credit for a amazing economy and a balanced budget that was made possible at least in part by Bush's tax hike.

The his son came in and gave back the surplus as the economy was tanking. People could not get jobs or if they did they were severely underemployed.

Clinton good?
Bush 2 bad?

No! Not at all

Presidents get more credit and more blame than they should regarding the economy.

Bush 1 actually should have gotten credit for the balanced budget that Clinton signed.

Clinton still had to shutdown the government to make it happen and risked a lot of political capital doing so

Bush 2 was actually trying to do what he thought best. Hindsight 20/20.....
grean is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #113
grean
Valued Poster

If Trump loses the trade war with China, the middle class will suffer. If he breaks even, the middle class will suffer. If he wins, he will be in the history books as a guy who said everyone else was wrong and proved himself to be right.

If he loses I guarantee you'll change your tune.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #114
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:

Let me make this simple:
Trump - very good.

Lmao!!! I eagerly await you book. What an amazing story

Your story almost sounds unbelievable. If so that would make you a Liar. Bless your Heart
Old 03-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #115
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
If Trump loses the trade war with China, the middle class will suffer. If he breaks even, the middle class will suffer. If he wins, he will be in the history books as a guy who said everyone else was wrong and proved himself to be right.
How do you even measure whether he loses/breaks even/wins? Our trade deficit with China widened to a record $419 billion last year from $375 billion in 2017. I would be very surprised if it shrinks at all this year. But whatever happens in the trade talks, trumpy will call it a victory.

When the US economy is healthy and growing faster than the rest of the world, we inevitably suck in imports faster than we can boost our exports. Net result is always a larger trade deficit.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #116
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
How do you even measure whether he loses/breaks even/wins? Our trade deficit with China widened to a record $419 billion last year from $375 billion in 2017. I would be very surprised if it shrinks at all this year. But whatever happens in the trade talks, trumpy will call it a victory.

When the US economy is healthy and growing faster than the rest of the world, we will inevitably suck in imports faster than we can boost our exports. That results in a swelling trade deficit.
Let me make this simple:
Trump - very good.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #117
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Presidents get more credit and more blame than they should regarding the economy.
Very true. This is partly a result of the widespread adoption of Keynesian thinking that the federal govt can successfully manage aggregate demand and "fine tune" the economy at will.

The reality is we can ameliorate the business cycle, but not cure it. The private sector is, and will remain, the primary contributor to aggregate demand.

That's not to say government policies don't have a significant impact on the economy. The federal govt has powerful tools to apply - fiscal policy, monetary policy, trade policy, regulation policies, FX policy, etc.

Generally though, I think it's fair to describe Trump's policies as pro-growth and Obama's as anti-growth. Under Obama, the economy had to overcome headwinds. Under Trump, it is enjoying tailwinds.

Both parties constantly try to attach every good thing that happens in the economy to their own wise and prudently implemented policies, while attributing every bad thing to the other side's policy blunders and stupidity. The truth is somewhere in between.

There is plenty of blame to go around for the 2008 housing bust. It is no more fair to blame it on Bush than it would be to have blamed it on Obama if it had erupted in 2009 instead of 2008.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #118
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post

When the US economy is healthy and growing faster than the rest of the world, we inevitably suck in imports faster than we can boost our exports. Net result is always a larger trade deficit.
Obama said all of those manufacturing jobs were gone and not coming back. Trump through his aggressive trade negotiations with China, at least now, has brought a lot of those lost jobs back. This is one of the things I side with that wrinkled testicle on....

If he can keep those jobs he wins. If the trade war goes south, many fear those jobs will begin to fade away again as well.

My only concern is that he over simplifies it and doesn't understand as much as he needs to order to win like when he argued with Robert Lighthizerover the binding of Memorandum of Understanding IN FRONT OF CHINA.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:56 PM   #119
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
She must have invested in Trump steaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Lmao!!! I eagerly await you book. What an amazing story

Shhhhh!! Economists are talking.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #120
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Obama said all of those manufacturing jobs were gone and not coming back. Trump through his aggressive trade negotiations with China, at least now, has brought a lot of those lost jobs back.
Agree manufacturing jobs are up nicely under Trump - by almost half a million! Not sure you can link that directly or entirely to his China trade negotiations. You would need to look at where those jobs occurred to see how many are the result of new orders from customers who used to source from China and switched back to domestic suppliers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#79767c625635

Even then, there may be other compelling reasons to "reshore" manufacturing besides the trade dispute. Usually those decisions are driven by a mix of factors. Here is a good article.

7 Reasons For Bringing Manufacturing Back to the US:

– Shorter manufacturing lead times with domestically made products
– America offers a more skilled workforce
– The rising costs of freight expenses
– Fewer regulatory compliance and intellectual property risks
– Local tax incentives
– Responsiveness to consumer demands
– Offshore wages are rising

https://www.cadimensions.com/blog/on...s-on-the-rise/

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies