Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70389
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 04-13-2024, 10:04 AM   #1
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Abortion

As suggested by Vitaman, Salty and Biomed, here's a thread to debate the Good, Evil and Politics of abortion. Vitaman's excellent thread was limited to the Arizona Supreme Court decision.

You could address the following,

1. Is abortion murder? Why or why not?

2. Should government regulate abortion? If so, how? Where do you draw the line? No contraception? No Plan B (morning after pill)? Limit abortion to the first 6 weeks? 15 weeks? 24 weeks? Not at all?

3. Should bans allow exceptions for rape? Incest? Health of the mother? Fetuses that will have birth defects?

4. Should abortion laws be set at the local, state, or federal level? Or a combination? Was the Dobbs decision that invalidated Roe vs. Wade and returned the decision making to the states good or bad?

5. Should states or municipalities have referenda to determine whether abortion will be banned or restricted? Or should this be left up to the legislatures?

6. What effect do restrictions on abortion have on electoral politics? Do Republicans stand to lose or gain more votes by favoring restrictions on abortion?
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:05 AM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

I'll kick it off with something relevant to question 6. Here are excerpts from a Wall Street Journal news (not editorial) article today, Trump Risks Losing Suburban Women Over Abortion:

A WSJ poll shows the issue is make-or-break for many of the swing-state voters who decided the last two elections and could again in 2024

Abortion is the most powerful issue driving suburban women who could decide the presidential election. Now President Biden is trying to harness that energy, while Donald Trump is looking to redirect it.

A recent Wall Street Journal poll of seven battleground states found that 39% of suburban women cite abortion as a make-or-break issue for their vote—making it by far the most motivating issue for the group. Nearly three-quarters of them say the procedure should be legal all or most of the time, and a majority thinks Trump’s policies are too restrictive.

Abortion has been top of mind for voters since the 2022 Supreme Court decision eliminating federal protections for the procedure, which unfurled a messy patchwork of state laws across the country.

That spotlight intensified in the past week, as Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, said the issue should be left to the states but has taken murky or conflicting positions on some hot-button proposals. Then Arizona’s highest court revived a Civil-War era ban on most abortions, heightening the stakes in a swing state where voters will likely cast ballots in November on a measure that would legalize abortion until viability.

Those moves are reverberating in the suburban areas where women helped deliver the White House to Trump in 2016 and swung it to Biden in 2020.

Longtime Wisconsin Democratic activist Dana Glasstein, 57, said that abortion gives her an extra sense of urgency as she knocks on doors in the Milwaukee suburbs to encourage people to vote. She had an abortion herself as a 19-year-old college student and expressed frustration that young women today may have less access to the procedure.

“Abortion was safe, it was legal and I exercised my right,” said the educator who lives in Mequon, Wis. “I have no regrets and the fact that I had that right allowed me to control the trajectory of my life.”

Today, she said that women frequently share similar concerns with her. “When I ask what the issues are that would concern them and get them to the polls, they definitely mention women’s reproductive rights,” she said.

....Trump, meanwhile, has struggled to find his footing on the issue. While he has repeatedly bragged about the 2022 decision, saying Friday, “We broke Roe v. Wade,” he has also sought distance by saying decisions should be made by the states. But the Arizona ruling underscored the risks with that strategy: After initially saying it was a state issue, Trump later said the Arizona court had gone too far and that the governor and state legislature should “remedy what has happened.”

.... Trump’s shifting positions have prompted some voters not to trust him on the issue.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/electio...d=hp_lead_pos7
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:38 AM   #3
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

There should be a few facts that based on science people would agree were true and accurate.

1. For almost every species on earth, the only purpose of sex is for reproduction and the continuation of the species.

2. Life starts at conception.

3. Humans enjoy sex and have made it part of proving love for a partner.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:58 AM   #4
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
There should be a few facts that based on science people would agree were true and accurate.

1. For almost every species on earth, the only purpose of sex is for reproduction and the continuation of the species.

2. Life starts at conception.

3. Humans enjoy sex and have made it part of proving love for a partner.
If you include animals, you may have witnessed more births than anyone here.

"1" makes sense. "3" makes sense, unless you're talking about my girlfriend.

About "2", you could say a single sperm cell or egg is "life." So does life begin before conception? Or if you're looking at this in a general instead of a scientific sense, does it start at conception? When the fetus has a nervous system? When the baby can live outside the womb (around 24 weeks)? Or at birth?

I don't know the answer.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:19 AM   #5
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

I'm busy watching football. Will chime in later. Just checking in at half time.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:25 AM   #6
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
I'm busy watching football. Will chime in later. Just checking in at half time.
Given the time you posted last night, around 3:00 AM, you really ought to read the Shit thread and take a nap instead of watching football. Who watches football in April anyway?

Just kidding, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:37 AM   #7
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Given the time you posted last night, around 3:00 AM, you really ought to read the Shit thread and take a nap instead of watching football. Who watches football in April anyway?

Just kidding, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
FOOT ball. Sir.

Preview: life begins when you're born. I've posted this sentiment before.

Old 04-13-2024, 02:10 PM   #8
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
If you include animals, you may have witnessed more births than anyone here.

"1" makes sense. "3" makes sense, unless you're talking about my girlfriend.

About "2", you could say a single sperm cell or egg is "life." So does life begin before conception? Or if you're looking at this in a general instead of a scientific sense, does it start at conception? When the fetus has a nervous system? When the baby can live outside the womb (around 24 weeks)? Or at birth?

I don't know the answer.

Nope, 2 makes perfect sense. The process starts when the sperm fertilizes an egg. So it is the absolute beginning of life.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 02:14 PM   #9
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

The absolute beginning of life is when you breathe your own oxygen.
Old 04-13-2024, 02:15 PM   #10
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Sir!
Old 04-13-2024, 02:21 PM   #11
JohnnyGleet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Abortion should be legal until the offspring moves out of the house .
JohnnyGleet is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 02:38 PM   #12
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet View Post
Abortion should be legal until the offspring moves out of the house .

I swear, as an absolute unprofessional comic, . . . :

THAT WAS . . .

I can't find a funny hysterical
laughing GIF in my current state.
Old 04-13-2024, 03:03 PM   #13
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Too bad the “Fetus” doesn’t have a vote.

One thing for sure. Post #9 is by far the most barbaric view of the subject one could have.

Nine Month Pregnant Lady……”Hey Doc, I don’t want no kid”
Doc………”No problem. I”ll reach in, turn it around feet first, and just before its head pops out, I”ll ram a set of surgical scissors into the base of its skull.”
Lady…….”Won’t that hurt”
Doc…..”Naw, it ain’t alive untill it breaths”
Lady…..”I meant me”.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 03:12 PM   #14
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Abortion should be legal til delivery. Mandatory for all who are not financially stable. And mandatory for any unborn with any kind of defects.
Before any blah blah blah. Folk can take many precautions before having sex.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 03:24 PM   #15
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Too bad the “Fetus” doesn’t have a vote.

One thing for sure. Post nine is by far the most barbaric view of the subject one could have.

Nine Mont Pregnant Lady……”Hey Doc, I don’t want no kid”
Doc………”No problem. I”ll reach in, turn it around feet first, and just before its head pops out, I”ll ram a set of surgical scissors into the base of its skull.”
Lady…….”Won’t that hurt”
Doc…..”Naw, it ain’t alive untill it breaths”
Lady…..”I meant me”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Abortion should be legal til delivery. Mandatory for all who are not financially stable. And mandatory for any unborn with any kind of defects.
Before any blah blah blah. Folk can take many precautions before having sex.
IT SHOULDN'T TAKE NINE FUCKIN' MONTHS TO COME TO THAT DECISION. DIXIE.

THE FETUS IS DEPENDENT ON SOMEBODY ELSE'S VOTE JACKIE!

BARBARIC MY . . . FUCKIN' . . . ASS!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women