Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160192
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #31
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Stick around. This forum is dying for an intelligent liberal. We could finally see some good debates.
Lusty can you show me a single thread where you and youre ilk conceded a single point? I honestly cant find any. You boys are Never Wrong about anything in youre view.
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #32
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
You boys .....
Small wonder with an attitude like that!

Speedo and you can have an "interesting" discussion.

He doesn't like Texas either, even though he chooses to live here.

He wants to make it "better" .. which means like what he left.

I think the Muslims want to do that also.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #33
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

Have you ever answered a question directly Lex?
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #34
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

Lying again. I enjoy living in Texas. There are some things I don't like about Texas but overall I can live with what I consider to be those negatives. There are many places in Texas where I most certainly could not live but that would be true of any state.

I moved here for a number of reasons -- the weather, no income tax, lower cost of living (especially cost of homes).

So stop lying when you obviously don't have any idea what you are talking about. And yet you accuse others of making assumptions about YOUR life.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:22 PM   #35
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Somehow his dislike for me overwhelms his thought processes. I am flattered.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #36
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:

#2: Rumor has it they all ready have "strong" anti-gun laws locally and statewide,.
LL, geez, it's not Chicago's fault. It's all Texas' fault because criminals smuggle guns from Texas into Chicago.

Only if every state passes extreme gun control laws so they can't get guns from anywhere, then will Chicago be able to get violence under control. That's their line.

Ha!

Maybe if we were on an island. We could do it for Hawaii. Hawaii could be gun free.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #37
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Lying again. I enjoy living in Texas. There are some things I don't like about Texas but overall I can live with what I consider to be those negatives.
Another lie! Or were you lying back then?
Old 02-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #38
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
The current counter argument I'm seeing on FB is "What aboutism." They simply don't want to hear it and think it is a distraction from the reality. It's almost as if they want black people to kill black people in Chicago. "It's a rite of passage." "A black thang." "You're not capable of understanding." I'm surprised a black pundit hasn't attributed it to the currently popular excuse "tribal politics."

I guess we need to give Sistine Chapel time.
Either that, or they feel those making correlations to chi-raq, are making ILLOGICAL fallicies.. Or straw-man arguments..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
Liberals and the like minded ARE outraged by the daily toll gun violence causes, particularly in minority populations. Mass shootings make up a statistically insignificant portion of gun violence, but they make up all of the coverage because people give a shit about death when it's entertaining. Of course proponents of restricting access to certain types of firearms/background checks/a national system for gun registry are going to bring this up when the public's attention is fixed on a mass shooting. Just like the conservative NRA does in the opposite direction.
And if you note, they always use these shootings to say "SEE, we need to outlaw assault weapons".. WHEN IN MOST of these shootings, PISTOLS are the most common weapon used by far..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
As an NRA member, CHL holder and gun owner I'd like to dispel the myth that the NRA wants crazy people and criminals to own guns.

We don't.

We want the current gun laws enforced before more are tacked on. Also, we want the current background check database accurately and timely updated.
Exactly.. As i keep pointing out. 99% OF THESE SHOOTINGS had killers who got their guns USING all the current laws on the books.. SO NO new laws would have stopped them.. BUT a # of them COULD HAVE been prevented, had the laws actually been enforced in regards to their mental health, in forcing the providers to alert the cops, which in turn would have flagged them and prevented them from legally buying the guns they used...

What they don't (and imo) NEVER understand. WHAT good is making up yet MORE laws, when the ones we already have, are often just IGNORED or not enforced enough?

I mean how many times have we heard of this or that crook arrested for a crime, carrying a weapon that LEGALLY they are not allowed to own. BUT rather than severely punish them, they are 'revolving door' back out on the street in a few short months/years...?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
They actively lobby nearly every major political figure to stifle any form of gun control, which results in a national discussion about the issue being tabled. Since you were allowed to present unrelated anecdotes I'll make my own unrelated analogy: this issue is the new Congressional gag rule from the antebellum period.
BUT what laws are the left wanting, that would actually stop these killings?? The only one, is 'confiscation of weaponry'.. And that is something EVERYONE should be against..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #39
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
LL, geez, it's not Chicago's fault.
Of course it's not "Chicago's fault"! It's the "guns' fault"!

Tonight a whole bunch of "guns" will crawl out onto the streets after dark, load themselves with rounds, point themselves at some poor unsuspecting person, and pull their own trigger!

The other "guns" watching the event will not alert "authorities" and the unsuspecting victim will bleed out from the wound and die! The guns will return home and repeat tomorrow night! They have a "bottomless" supply of rounds.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #40
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Somehow his dislike for me overwhelms his thought processes. I am flattered.
Why do I get the impression you are expressing your own feelings?

How long has it been since you kicked someone's ass ...

... besides your own, of course?
Old 02-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #41
AdamBomB
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Guns or no guns death will go on . If guns were outlawed vehicles would likely be the next most likely choice for mass misery . Then we'd be debating about more vehicle control . The world is getting crazier and crazier and in a nation of 323 million people it's a wonder that it's not worse than it already is . Some crazy adult or kid with mental problems who's set on killing people will find another way if he can't get a gun . I feel so bad for all the lives lost and destroyed when something like this happens . The thing is that kid would have found another way , perhaps mowing down even more kids with a big SUV etc right as school was letting out . 323 million Americans . No telling the defective rate in that many people .

Today's society is more to blame than a gun is , or an SUV even . We are decayed and corrupt as a nation and society and probably beyond repair no matter what's banned or not banned . We all just hurl our feeble thoughts and opinions as if we know just what to do to correct it . Who knows who's right and wrong anymore .

Washington stays almost split down the middle and can't get anything done . How is it half of congress knows all the solutions and the other side are complete idiots .Political parties suck dicks anyways .The whole business is programmed to make the other party fall on it's face . How is that good for one country when two stupid parties are in a never ending war to destroy and wipe out the other .It's beyond our state of decay to correct shit anymore . We can only hope to prolong the agony for awhile , maybe just maybe .
AdamBomB is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
Either that, or they feel those making correlations to chi-raq, are making ILLOGICAL fallicies.. Or straw-man arguments..

And if you note, they always use these shootings to say "SEE, we need to outlaw assault weapons".. WHEN IN MOST of these shootings, PISTOLS are the most common weapon used by far..

Exactly.. As i keep pointing out. 99% OF THESE SHOOTINGS had killers who got their guns USING all the current laws on the books.. SO NO new laws would have stopped them.. BUT a # of them COULD HAVE been prevented, had the laws actually been enforced in regards to their mental health, in forcing the providers to alert the cops, which in turn would have flagged them and prevented them from legally buying the guns they used...

What they don't (and imo) NEVER understand. WHAT good is making up yet MORE laws, when the ones we already have, are often just IGNORED or not enforced enough?

I mean how many times have we heard of this or that crook arrested for a crime, carrying a weapon that LEGALLY they are not allowed to own. BUT rather than severely punish them, they are 'revolving door' back out on the street in a few short months/years...?!?!?!

BUT what laws are the left wanting, that would actually stop these killings?? The only one, is 'confiscation of weaponry'.. And that is something EVERYONE should be against..

This was an instance that was avoidable. LE fell on its face and failed to act when given the bald evidence to act. The Fumbling Bumbling Idiots have been sniffing too many Russian mattresses for whore piss.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #43
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Lusty can you show me a single thread where you and youre ilk conceded a single point? I honestly cant find any. You boys are Never Wrong about anything in youre view.
Sure I can. Here are a couple.

There are more posts like these than there are useful or grammatically error-free posts by you!

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=105...0&postcount=49

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=105...9&postcount=29

Whether or not a point is conceded is not necessarily the measure of a good debate. It's whether each side is able to articulate, sharpen and advance arguments and counter-arguments.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #44
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

This was an instance that was avoidable. LE fell on its face and failed to act when given the bald evidence to act.
I have to admit I've not been glued to the TV for updates (even if the reports were factual), but I did hear a special agent discussing what the FBI "knew" and didn't know before the shooting.

So when you say "LE" was "given the bald evidence" upon which they could "act" I am not quite sure to what you are referencing.

Generally speaking the same folks complaining about LE "not acting" based upon information revealed POST-EVENT are the same crowd complaining about LE acting in the absence of current, real time information that would legally support LE taking any action!

Current event example: How many pundits over the past year have repeatedly claimed Trump was "mentally ill" (as well as other defective mental conditions) based on his tweets, speeches, and press conference responses ... or in some cases THE LACK OF SAYING ANYTHING!!! ...

.. then a military physician (who has examined at least one other President) examines him and determines he is mentally competent?

IMO anyone who slaughters innocent people in the manner that has been happening has "mental issues" but that doesn't automatically retrospectively support LE action or a criticism of no LE action. Mental and emotional problems are not "science" like DNA. It's OPINION!
Old 02-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #45
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Do you know how to ask questions that can be answered without your sneaky insertion of your personal beliefs and biases inserted in them?

Since we have no "referee" calling the "balls and strikes" I just ignore that shit or I will call you out on it.

Now your buddy, Speedo, like a lot of other lamesters on here, simply calls his own "balls and strikes" ... whether he's pitching or batting ... That's a Liberal thing I've noticed.

After you finish that ESL course, apply to a school where you can learn to ask proper questions in proper form.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women