Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47584
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35412
Mojojo33117

Old 09-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
Default Dallas Morning Newspaper does something it hasn't done since 1968....

And that is fail to endorse a Republican nominee for POTUS.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/politi...ent/index.html

Washington (CNN)The Dallas Morning News editorial board said Tuesday they would not give their blessing to Donald Trump in 2016, ending a streak of endorsing every Republican presidential nominee since 1968.

In an editorial titled "Donald Trump is no Republican," the paper's editors rebuked the GOP hopeful, advising Texas voters that Trump is "not qualified to serve as president and does not deserve your vote."(Have I not been saying the same thing about Trump?)
They argue that Trump "inexplicably" won the primary despite being "the one who thumbed his nose at conservative orthodoxy altogether. Trump is -- or has been -- at odds with nearly every GOP ideal that this newspaper holds dear," they wrote. "Donald Trump is no Republican and certainly no conservative."
Poll: Nine weeks out, a near even race
The Morning News, which backed Ohio Gov. John Kasich during the primaries, cited Trump's "authoritarian streak that should horrify limited-government advocates" and his "open admiration of Russia's Vladimir Putin" as "alarming" reasons to oppose his candidacy. They also criticized the real estate mogul's economic policies, saying that "his protectionism would likely force the U.S. into trade wars, increase the deficit, and sink the U.S. economy back into a recession."
"His ideas are so far from Republicanism that they have spawned a new description: Trumpism."
How Donald Trump could win
And without mentioning Trump's rival, Democrat Hillary Clinton, the paper made clear it would not be getting behind Trump's movement.
"We have no interest in a Republican nominee for whom all principles are negotiable, nor in a Republican Party that is willing to trade away principle for pursuit of electoral victory. Trump doesn't reflect Republican ideals of the past; we are certain he shouldn't reflect the GOP of the future."
CNN has reached out to the Trump campaign for comment on the Morning News' editorial, but did not immediately receive a response.
In late July, another prominent Texas newspaper with a history of conservative political endorsements -- the Houston Chronicle -- also made headlines when it endorsed Clinton and labeled Trump a "danger to the Republican Party" in an op-ed.
Luke_Wyatt is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #2
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt View Post
And that is fail to endorse a Republican nominee for POTUS.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/politi...ent/index.html

Washington (CNN)The Dallas Morning News editorial board said Tuesday they would not give their blessing to Donald Trump in 2016, ending a streak of endorsing every Republican presidential nominee since 1968.

In an editorial titled "Donald Trump is no Republican," the paper's editors rebuked the GOP hopeful, advising Texas voters that Trump is "not qualified to serve as president and does not deserve your vote."(Have I not been saying the same thing about Trump?)
They argue that Trump "inexplicably" won the primary despite being "the one who thumbed his nose at conservative orthodoxy altogether. Trump is -- or has been -- at odds with nearly every GOP ideal that this newspaper holds dear," they wrote. "Donald Trump is no Republican and certainly no conservative."
Poll: Nine weeks out, a near even race
The Morning News, which backed Ohio Gov. John Kasich during the primaries, cited Trump's "authoritarian streak that should horrify limited-government advocates" and his "open admiration of Russia's Vladimir Putin" as "alarming" reasons to oppose his candidacy. They also criticized the real estate mogul's economic policies, saying that "his protectionism would likely force the U.S. into trade wars, increase the deficit, and sink the U.S. economy back into a recession."
"His ideas are so far from Republicanism that they have spawned a new description: Trumpism."
How Donald Trump could win
And without mentioning Trump's rival, Democrat Hillary Clinton, the paper made clear it would not be getting behind Trump's movement.
"We have no interest in a Republican nominee for whom all principles are negotiable, nor in a Republican Party that is willing to trade away principle for pursuit of electoral victory. Trump doesn't reflect Republican ideals of the past; we are certain he shouldn't reflect the GOP of the future."
CNN has reached out to the Trump campaign for comment on the Morning News' editorial, but did not immediately receive a response.
In late July, another prominent Texas newspaper with a history of conservative political endorsements -- the Houston Chronicle -- also made headlines when it endorsed Clinton and labeled Trump a "danger to the Republican Party" in an op-ed.
I don't personally think the Dallas Morning News is a conservative paper.

Heck, Dallas is over 50% Hispanic, so how can it be considered conservative anymore, anyway?
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #3
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

The city has leaned left for a long time, but the DMN had always leaned right.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracePreston View Post
The city has leaned left for a long time, but the DMN had always leaned right.
OK - but barely to the right.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
RelaxationJunkie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post

Heck, Dallas is over 50% Hispanic, so how can it be considered conservative anymore, anyway?
Of course it's a conservative paper. All the people who actually get the paper are not the Hispanics living in Dallas, it's all the white professionals living in the suburbs.
RelaxationJunkie is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

No one cares about newspaper endorsements.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Quote:

Are you kidding me ? You don't think it's a conservative paper? Have you read the article ? They have supported the republican nominee since 1968 which is almost a span of 50 years !!! And let me add they have been supporting conservatives way before Dallas became a minority melting pot.
Luke_Wyatt is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #8
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Who gives a fuck about newspapers. Most will be gone in 10yrs.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Clinton leads Drumpf in Texas!

Good times, good times, to quote SLOBBRIN.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...a=twitter_page

What difference will North Carolina or Arizona or Ohio even make when Texas votes blue?

Yeee HAW!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:

For a change JL gets it wrong ... but makes it about race anyway.
Asshole.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:28 PM   #11
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Are you kidding me ? You don't think it's a conservative paper? Have you read the article ? They have supported the republican nominee since 1968 which is almost a span of 50 years !!! And let me add they have been supporting conservatives way before Dallas became a minority melting pot.
notice they said NADA about Clinton. they may not want to endorse Trump but they'd NEVER endorse a bum like Clinton.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #12
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
I have read that paper for years - even read it the other day. It is a liberal paper, has been for at least 20 years.

Read some of the shit they put in there and get back with me.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #13
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

I don't know how to read.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
notice they said NADA about Clinton. they may not want to endorse Trump but they'd NEVER endorse a bum like Clinton.
Yeah, that'll shonuff get them Republican voters out to the polls!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #15
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:

It's a Globalist News Paper... Puke_Likley

We are AMERICANS!... Puke_Likley

GO FUCK YOURSELF... Puke_Likley

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women