Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59891
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47500
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Laureate View Post
I normally don't weigh in on political issues, but there is something crying out to be said. Mea Culpa if it's already been addressed and I missed it...
-
To all you clowns (and I use the word with full knowledge of its literal definition) who cry about banning hammers, or baseball bats, or any other inanimate object, get me a story, JUST ONE VERIFIABLE STORY, of a hammer that killed someone from a range of a thousand yards. Or of a baseball bat that killed fifteen and wounded thirty in the space of sixty seconds.
-
Gun violence in this country is a serious problem, and to address it we need serious people with serious ideas. What we don't need are idiots who want to spout off platitudes in the hopes of making points, or of trying to sound funny. You don't. You sound idiotic. If you have nothing worthwhile to share, don't share.
-
I for one am not sure where I stand on this issue. I believe in the Second Amendment, yet I deplore the way a fully automatic weapon can end so many lives so quickly, and I question the need (note that word please, it's not want or desire) for a private citizen to own such weapons. Still, the road to restricting personal freedoms starts as a gentle, well meaning slope, and can get out of hand quickly if we're not careful.
-
I don't profess to have the answers. But I do want to be involved in serious debate and discussion, in the hopes of reaching a consensus. Just please don't tell me that I need to ban cast iron skillets just because some broad in Peoria killed her husband with one.
Does this count?

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #32
Poet Laureate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

As what? Proof that you're one of the idiots, or proof that you're not? Insufficient data, although I am leaning in one particular direction...
Poet Laureate is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #33
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
As what? Proof that you're one of the idiots, or proof that you're not? Insufficient data, although I am leaning in one particular direction...
Lighten up! Tell us a dirty limerick.

I'll start.

There once was a whoremonger from Austin....
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #34
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Welcome to the Sandbox, Poet. Please feel free to join in any of the dozen-plus threads currently going on gun-control. Oh, also check the sticky rules thread at the top of the forum so you are fully aware of what you're getting into.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #35
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
I normally don't weigh in on political issues, but there is something crying out to be said. Mea Culpa if it's already been addressed and I missed it...
-
To all you clowns (and I use the word with full knowledge of its literal definition) who cry about banning hammers, or baseball bats, or any other inanimate object, get me a story, JUST ONE VERIFIABLE STORY, of a hammer that killed someone from a range of a thousand yards. Or of a baseball bat that killed fifteen and wounded thirty in the space of sixty seconds.
-
Gun violence in this country is a serious problem, and to address it we need serious people with serious ideas. What we don't need are idiots who want to spout off platitudes in the hopes of making points, or of trying to sound funny. You don't. You sound idiotic. If you have nothing worthwhile to share, don't share.
-
I for one am not sure where I stand on this issue. I believe in the Second Amendment, yet I deplore the way a fully automatic weapon can end so many lives so quickly, and I question the need (note that word please, it's not want or desire) for a private citizen to own such weapons. Still, the road to restricting personal freedoms starts as a gentle, well meaning slope, and can get out of hand quickly if we're not careful.
-
I don't profess to have the answers. But I do want to be involved in serious debate and discussion, in the hopes of reaching a consensus. Just please don't tell me that I need to ban cast iron skillets just because some broad in Peoria killed her husband with one.
Amen! Just be careful--if you keep posting sane comments the wackos on both ends of the spectrum will want you flogged.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #36
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

l.*Quote**ReplyQUOTE=Poet Laureate;1052234444]I normally don't weigh in on political issues, but there is something crying out to be said. Mea Culpa if it's already been addressed and I missed it...
-
-
-
-
I don't profess to have the answers. But I do want to be involved in serious debate and discussion, in the hopes of reaching a consensus. Just please don't tell me that I need to ban cast iron skillets just because some broad in Peoria killed her husband with one.[/QUOTE]

A the risk of being redundant, I will repost my response from earlier in this discussion...

"And they say Conservatives have no sense of humor. Regardless, Old-T, I'll try to keep it simple for you. It is not the implement that kills, but rather the person wielding said instrument. We can quote statistics back and forth ad infinitum and regulate everything from AR-15's to toothbrushes, but that won't change the fact that an inanimate object cannot kill."

Guns, or hammers, or any other inanimate object, don't kill from 1000 yards...people do. THAT'S THE POINT!!!!

Other than your asshole "clown" comment, much of what you say is reasonable, and demonstrates the complexity of this issue. However, regardless of all the extraneous hyperbole, when you say "the road to restricting personal freedoms starts as a gentle, well meaning slope, and can get out of hand quickly if we're not careful", you capture my position, and most gun rights advocates' position, perfectly.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #37
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
They can't win an argument with facts and reason, so they curse and engage in personal attacks. Foul language is the only arrow in their quiver.
Oh my God oh my God oh my God. Are you a real person?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #38
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

that's bullshit, Bloehard!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women