Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47547
pyramider46370
bambino40323
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default Paranoia strikes deep ... into your life it will creep.

Everyone’s out to get him!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/o...te-change.html

The G.O.P.’s Climate of Paranoia

By Paul Krugman
Opinion Columnist
Aug. 20, 2018

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Truth isn’t truth.

Rudy Giuliani’s latest bon mot is a reminder, if anyone needed it, that calling the Trump administration Orwellian isn’t hyperbole, it’s just a statement of fact. Like the ruling party in “1984,” Donald Trump operates on the principle that truth — whether it involves inauguration crowd sizes, immigrant crime or economic performance — is what he says it is. And that truth can change at a moment’s notice.

For example, not long ago, Republicans insisted that Russia was our greatest threat, and that Barack Obama was betraying America by not confronting Vladimir Putin more forcefully; now Putin is one of the good guys, and the base has gone along with the change. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

And if you thought you heard something different from the Trumpian version of reality, blame evil conspirators and saboteurs, whom you get to denounce in the Two Minutes Hate, chanting “lock her up.”

But how did this happen to the whole Republican Party? And it is effectively the whole party: There is no serious G.O.P. opposition to Trump or his vision. Why did the party’s belief in objective reality collapse so suddenly and completely?

I don’t claim to understand the whole story. But one thing is clear: The Orwellification of the G.O.P. didn’t start with Trump. On the contrary, the party has been moving in that direction for years; the mind-set Trump is exploiting was already well in place before he burst on the scene.

Consider the claims of Trump and his allies that evidence of his collusion with Russia — not “alleged” collusion, because there is no longer any real doubt — is a hoax perpetrated by the “deep state.” Where have we seen something like that before? In Republican attacks on the evidence for climate change.

Fifteen years have passed since Senator James Inhofe suggested that global warming is “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.” This was and is an even crazier claim than the assertion of Trump and company that all of the tweeter in chief’s woes are the product of a vast deep-state conspiracy; it’s not far short of Pizzagate or QAnon territory. To take it seriously you have to believe in a vast international conspiracy involving thousands of scientists, not one of whom dares speak out.

Yet this paranoid fantasy has in effect become the official position of the G.O.P. Climate change deniers have pretty much given up on arguing about the evidence, although the old line “it’s a cold day, so global warming is a myth” still pops up now and then. Instead, it’s all about the supposed conspiracy.

What’s the evidence for this conspiracy? A lot of the argument rests on things like out-of-context quotes from stolen emails (sound familiar?), such as those sent among researchers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit. Like the texts between two F.B.I. officials that supposedly prove the existence of a plot against Trump, “Climategate” actually showed nothing more than that the people involved were human. But to a determined conspiracy theorist, everything is evidence of nefarious activity.

And there’s more. Some people seem startled at how quickly Trump has moved to use the power of office to punish and intimidate anyone who doesn’t go along with Dear Leader. But Republicans have long been doing that on climate.

Most famously, Ken Cuccinelli, the former attorney general of Virginia, spent several years trying to prove fraud on the part of Michael Mann, one of our leading climate researchers. Cuccinelli’s witch hunt (yes, this was the real thing) was thinly disguised as involving concern over misuse of state funds, but it was obviously an attempt to use political power to censor and suppress inconvenient science.

And where were the Republicans standing up against conspiracy theories and for scientific integrity? Inaudible and invisible.

In short, if you followed the evolution of the G.O.P.’s position on climate change (not that Republicans believe in evolution, either), you shouldn’t be surprised at the party’s intellectual and moral collapse under Trump. For Republicans, ignorance has been strength for a long time.

There’s also, I believe, an additional relevant lesson from the climate story: the special rage of those who knowingly act in bad faith.

Climate denial is a deeply cynical enterprise; the people misrepresenting evidence and sifting through emails for “gotcha” quotes have to know that they’re not being honest. Yet their rage against “elitists” who continue to point out inconvenient truths is very real — because it’s a fact of life that many people feel special hatred for those they’ve mistreated.

The same goes for Trump and company. Trump knows perfectly well that he’s guilty of collusion. That doesn’t mean he’s faking his volcanic rage at those documenting his guilt: He hates his pursuers all the more because he knows they’re on the right track.

And as he lashes out, with no regard for law or the Constitution, will other Republicans try to hold him back? All the evidence suggests that they won’t.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5xHWt6UyE
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #3
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

What Aboutism at its very core.

Altogether predictable response, IBH.

I guess it’s not paranoia if EVERYBODY IS OUT TO GET YOU!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
What Aboutism at its very core.

Altogether predictable response, IBH.

I guess it’s not paranoia if EVERYBODY IS OUT TO GET YOU!
Cuomo sounded pretty paranoid about CNN's viewing audience getting the FACTS from sources other than hildebeest's propaganda ministry: the Clinton News Network.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

More What Aboutism.

Again, this thread is about the paranoia of the GOP, not about your disdain for Hillary Clinton, who is now nearly TWO YEARS removed from the campaign.

I guess we should all be thankful that you're not blaming it all on Obama.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Just like in the 1980s, the lefties are dancing on the strings plucked by the Russkies.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

LOL!

Old 08-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #8
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

your thread lost all credibility when the source was revealed ..

Paul Krugman

hahahahahaaaaaaa
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #9
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post

Paul Krugman

hahahahahaaaaaaa
Isn't that who everyone goes to for an unbiased opinion??
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #10
Lantern2814
Valued Poster

Seriously? Paul "we need to prepare for an alien invasion" Krugman? What we know perfectly well is that Krugman is an unhinged moron who was wrong about EVERYTHING he predicted the last 2 years. Another loss. Try again.
Lantern2814 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post

Paul Krugman

hahahahahaaaaaaa
+1

Quote:
LOL!

Modern Communism has its roots in Russia. On the Left, the 1932 flag of the paramilitary wing of the Communist Party of Germany -- which was sponsored by the Soviet Union. On the Right, the 2017 flag of the paramilitary wing of the Democratic Party of America. Lefties are Putin's pawns.
Quote:
The History of Russian Involvement in America's Race Wars

During George W. Bush’s first term. The Soviets planted misinformation about the AIDs epidemic as a Pentagon creation, according to Sipher, as well as the very concept of a nuclear winter.

(The Atlantic)
Old 08-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Everyone’s out to get him!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/o...te-change.html

The G.O.P.’s Climate of Paranoia

By Paul Krugman
Opinion Columnist
Aug. 20, 2018

Consider the claims of Trump and his allies that evidence of his collusion with Russia — not “alleged” collusion, because there is no longer any real doubt — is a hoax perpetrated by the “deep state.”

Trump knows perfectly well that he’s guilty of collusion.

Notice the irony here. In a column accusing Republicans of being truth-deniers Krugman is insisting that collusion with Russia happened despite the absence of evidence after 16 months of exhaustive investigation.

Has Krugman told Mueller the basis for saying "there is no longer any real doubt"? I'm sure Mueller would be all ears. It would certainly help to shorten his investigation.

Krugman is beginning to sound as desperate and unhinged as John Brennan.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Not a word on the story. Only the source.

Telling.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #14
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Not a word on the story. Only the source.

Telling.
maybe it's because the source tells us all we need to know?

if i posted a story by Steve Bannon would you read it?

i'd rather read about his cat

https://twitter.com/krugmankat?lang=en

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #15
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Surprise. Everything you see and everything you hear isn’t what’s happening. The new mantra.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women