Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default So the Dallas Sanctuary closed. Now what?

I read a few weeks ago, on Fetlife, that the Dallas Sanctuary was closing.

First, I see this is a real opportunity for those that either have a large bondage room or dungeon. But also now where are people going after the Friday munches?

Guess I need to write a bit of a disclaimer at this point.

I’ve never been there.

Always wanted to go, wanted to visit with a client perhaps. But I never did get the whole domination without the sexuality or at least, a sensual touch.

That’s probably one of the main reasons why never did visit. Just didn’t have the time to deal with the sanctuary along with their limitations.

Either way, I’m sorry to see them close and feel that I missed out seeing the iconic place.

Now what?
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
Thunderous
Registered Member

Austin had it's big sex positive BDSM play space close recently as well as smaller venue so pretty dry here as well
Thunderous is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
bule84
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Wow. I only went once, but it was an amazing experience to see all the equipment and to watch people doing what they enjoy. The girl I was with and I did not participate, we were getting the feel for the place and planned to go back and never did. I wish we had. It was a night that I will definately never forget. Really sorry to hear that it closed
bule84 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #4
Karismatic_Kiley
Buxom Brunette

User ID: 348373
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Elisabeth shall we put our heads together with a few others?
Karismatic_Kiley is online now   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #5
MILFEater
MILF Eater

Encounters: 53

Well bummer !!
I heard about it from Lindsay Lacey and had been wanting to go. Time of day was the biggest issue with me. When it was open was never a time I could make justifications to be away from home.
MILFEater is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #6
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILFEater View Post
Well bummer !!
... Time of day was the biggest issue with me. When it was open was never a time I could make justifications to be away from home.
That was exactly what my issue was.

Went to a few munches. And I've been invited to the Sanctuary several times over the years.

But I'm more of a daytime person. And when I get out at night, it's not to drive across town to a dungeon when I have a rather active 'alternative' life myself.

I have a few friends who have dungeons. And I've been to a few in Chicago.

But yeah. Just never seemed to have the time to take that detour just to watch others do what they're going to do.

Have that t-shirt.

But now, I'm feeling rather wistfully disappointed that I didn't take a looksie at the place before it closed.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karismatic_Kiley View Post
Elisabeth shall we put our heads together with a few others?
Kiley,

I think that if this had occurred a few years back, I would have had the energy to try to pull something together and be rather gunho on the idea.

If for no other reason than to extend my business model and well, it would be an adventure.

Now? I'm just not sure if I even have the "omppphhh" to do something like that especially if there isn't any monetary gain.

With a little bit of research, guess we could figure out if the Sanctuary made money but obviously, it didn't do that well or it wouldn't be closing. Been hearing for years that the place was dated.

That could have been some of the issues.

Anyway, if you have any ideas, I'm open to hearing them!!! Just not sure if I'm at that point in life where opening (and running) a dungeon would be in my cards.

As I often will write, though, I'm always open to the possibilities!!!

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Old 10-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
Karismatic_Kiley
Buxom Brunette

User ID: 348373
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Kiley,

I think that if this had occurred a few years back, I would have had the energy to try to pull something together and be rather gunho on the idea.

If for no other reason than to extend my business model and well, it would be an adventure.

Now? I'm just not sure if I even have the "omppphhh" to do something like that especially if there isn't any monetary gain.

With a little bit of research, guess we could figure out if the Sanctuary made money but obviously, it didn't do that well or it wouldn't be closing. Been hearing for years that the place was dated.

Anyway, if you have any ideas, I'm open to hearing them!!! Just not sure if I'm at that point in life where opening (and running) a dungeon would be in my cards.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Oh I do understand! Seems to have been a fad due to literature and such. I'll do some research and see what I can find out. Put together a plan possibly and send you the thoughts.

Warm wishes Always,
K.K.
Karismatic_Kiley is online now   Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #9
jammanoman
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderous View Post
Austin had it's big sex positive BDSM play space close recently as well as smaller venue so pretty dry here as well
Austin had a big sex positive BDSM play space? A shame I never knew it existed... Probably wouldn't have been able to get there anyway...
jammanoman is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #10
Zena
Waco & more

User ID: 367173
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I always wanted to visit ~
The Sanctuary, now Im sad that I didnt go a year or 2 ago. Im hoping something similar opens one day (public or semi public, anyway.) I wish we had something in Waco, Hillsboro, or somewhere in between Waco and Dfw. I know, Im just wishful thinking, there....
Zena is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #11
Thunderous
Registered Member

Looks like Austin will be getting a new play space in the next couple months... YAY
Thunderous is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #12
badbottom
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

There is an announcement on Fetlife that a group is having a meeting in early January about a new play space. The organizers seem like they know what they are doing, but haven’t released any details.
badbottom is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #13
Gandalf4301
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

hard to make a go of a dungeon as a business. Costs are high, can have legal issues that you have to have sorted out before you open ( large legal bills can be a problem). Unless you own the building, leases an be an issue. So, I would not recommend trying to open one to make a profit. If you can break even, you would be winning, and you would need a great number of volunteers to break even.
I was very active in the BDSM lifestyle in Dallas, spent a lot of time at Sanctuary and enjoyed every minute of it. Sorry to hear that it closed or is closing.
I did take a provider to Sanctuary once, OTC. See, time is the problem, you are going to spend at least a couple of hours in a dungeon even if you do not "paly" (not many providers are into BDSM play where they are the submissive, not because they do not like the activities, just do not have regulars that they know well enough to trust to the point of BDSM Play based on what I was told by my "friend").
So, my advice to providers, you would have to go OTC, with a scheduled session afterward, unless you just want to engage in the activities of the dungeon for fun.
Gandalf4301 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:28 PM   #14
Krunkman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Kiley,

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Sanctuary was open for over 10yrs. It made money to pay bills and such, but no dungeon outside of NYC or LA is a big profit center.

Sanctuary closed due to permit issues.
Krunkman is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #15
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I made the second bedroom in my girls place a toy room

Just got a new friend for her so it should be an interesting weekend
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women