Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59849
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default A worthwhile se of a couple of hours in Austin

I recently had the opportunity to visit the excellent Bob Bullock Texas History Museum and was dumbstruck by the current temporary exhibit on the Nazi's propaganda machine.

The parallels between what they did then and what we've seen in the recent year are spine chilling, to say the least.

No matter your political leaning, there are eye opening lessons for all of us in that exhibit. Especially those of you too young to have been exposed to it by your parents, relatives or teachers.

http://www.thestoryoftexas.com/visit...e-of-deception

It's only there through January 8.

Check it out.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I got slammed by a few when I noted the similarities of Mr Hitlers rise and Mr. new president. His ability to make it an "it's us against them" movement is quite remarkable. It's going to be a fascinating first year at the least. Until he, or us, wake up. If he's the same after the first year.. HE WINS.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I recently had the opportunity to visit the excellent Bob Bullock Texas History Museum and was dumbstruck by the current temporary exhibit on the Nazi's propaganda machine.

The parallels between what they did then and what we've seen in the recent year are spine chilling, to say the least.

No matter your political leaning, there are eye opening lessons for all of us in that exhibit. Especially those of you too young to have been exposed to it by your parents, relatives or teachers.

http://www.thestoryoftexas.com/visit...e-of-deception

It's only there through January 8.

Check it out.
You were hardly stunned - you were looking for the thinnest of reason's to correlate the two. You were biased before you got there, and you were biased after you left.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #4
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Did you see the exhibit, JL? What's your interest in an Austin museum exhibit anyway?

Most people I saw inside, particularly the young men in Army uniform, were shaking their heads in dismay. Especially at the beginning of the exhibit, where it showed how Hitler and Goebbels attacked the media before replacing it with their own. (Not to mention their use of the "social media" and other cutting edge communications technology of the times.)

I was going in there to see what the museum had done to its permanent exhibit. The traveling exhibit from the U.S. Holocaust Museum was lagniappe.

My opinions weren't changed at all, JL. But I was grateful for the opportunity it afforded those who had ignored the Drumpf BS machine -- or bought into it -- to take a glimpse into the history we must never repeat.

Thanks for the kind words, as always, JL. I hope you get to visit this important exhibit, and bring your grandchildren.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
Did you see the exhibit, JL? What's your interest in an Austin museum exhibit anyway?

Most people I saw inside, particularly the young men in Army uniform, were shaking their heads in dismay. Especially at the beginning of the exhibit, where it showed how Hitler and Goebbels attacked the media before replacing it with their own. (Not to mention their use of the "social media" and other cutting edge communications technology of the times.)

I was going in there to see what the museum had done to its permanent exhibit. The traveling exhibit from the U.S. Holocaust Museum was lagniappe.

My opinions weren't changed at all, JL. But I was grateful for the opportunity it afforded those who had ignored the Drumpf BS machine -- or bought into it -- to take a glimpse into the history we must never repeat.

Thanks for the kind words, as always, JL. I hope you get to visit this important exhibit, and bring your grandchildren.
Although I am not JL, I prefer the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in our beloved nation's capital. You will find me on the list of major donors, the Founders Society, should you ever go there. I have taken my grandchildren numerous times, and along with you, regret the horrible crimes that occurred against the Jewish people.

שֶׁיִּהְיֶה לְךָ יוֹם טוֹב

Although I have never told you about it, I have a home in Austin as well as Dallas. It is something of a family tradition for my family to attend the upstanding University there, including graduate studies, and I've found Austin real estate to be an excellent investment through the years, though not as lucrative as my oil and gas investments, in addition to my principal occupation, commercial baking.

I'm looking forward to your eventual return to the more aggressive political forum, so that I may address you in a more satisfying tone.

https://www.ushmm.org/support/donor-...unders-society
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

What's your point, JL?

Did your grandchildren enjoy it?

Were they able to draw the striking parallels between Goebbels and Bannon?
Old 12-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I saw the exhibit by accident on free museum day and I was with some women friends. one was Jewish and it was too much for her to bear, she left. one was an empath that feels too much and she was devastated and freaked out and left, I was the only one able to finish the exhibit and I was very struck by the similarities and the parallels are so clear. I must say, altho I was able to finish it, I felt much pain just reliving that time portrayed in this exhibit. It was hard to do but worthwhile. I would recommend it but with a warning that is it very hard for some folks to take. It was quite a difficult experience but YES you should go see it.
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #8
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
What's your point, [redacted incorrect name]?

I pointed out to them that small minded propagandists were trying to lead them to think one way, and I instructed them to free their minds, and the rest would follow, be bias blind, and not be so shallow.
I also pointed out the fascinating success of minority groups, such as the Jews and Asians, who prospered above and beyond the original Christian progenitors of this once great nation through hard work and taking advantage of the opportunity for people of any color or creed to do well in this country through hard work.
At that point, they were familiar with the narrative, and upbraided those losers who whine and never get anything constructive done in their lives.
I also pointed out to my grandsons that the phrase no money no honey is street code for poor guys get ugly bitches, and nobody likes an ugly bitch.
I pointed out to my granddaughters that they can fall in love with a rich guy of their own religion just as easy as some broke loser, so why marry a loser of the wrong religion? They concurred, and we went to a nice upscale bakery for a treat. The oldest boy, being rather perspicacious, accused me of the very propaganda I decried, and we both laughed it off, knowing only our own people are satisfactory for procreation.

So yes, they enjoyed it!!
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

How special!
Old 12-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #10
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
How special!
I thought so, especially when the nanny changed the babies diapers so I didn't have to get my own hands dirty. I'll bet it sucks being poor, doesn't it?
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:10 PM   #11
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:

Lookee here! Another hysterical liberal blathering about how Donald Trump is the second coming of Adolf Hitler!

Can anyone dream up a historical parallel that is more absurdly frivolous, false and malicious??? I can't!

Let's see... Trump's son-in-law and one of his most trusted advisors, Jared Kushner, is an orthodox Jew and the grandson of Holocaust survivors. Trump's daughter Ivanka converted to Judaism in 2009. She and her husband Jared are raising Trump's grandchildren in the Jewish faith. Trump is much more supportive of Israel than Odumbo or hildebeest.

Should I go on???

And yet, we have stuttering morons, like assup, who come on eccie and argue with a straight face that Trump is a dangerous anti-Semite and the biggest threat to the Jewish people since Auschwitz!

Has anyone heard anything stupider lately coming from the hysterical, lib-retarded, sore-loser left? I haven't.

Even for assup, this is a new low!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
You were hardly stunned - you were looking for the thinnest of reasons to correlate the two. You were biased before you got there, and you were biased after you left.
You nailed it, DSK!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:39 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Oddly, nobody said anything about Trump, Kushner or Ivanka. That was all you, LL.

Bannon is a student of Goebbels.

He refused to let his children go to a posh private school in LA because there were Jews there.

Bannon is the father of the alt-right. His disciple, Richard Spencer, spoke at Texas A&M yesterday and even the normally conservative Aggies gagged at his presence.

Should I go on, LustyLad?

I wish we could move on past this and get to the business of blowing up the world! Don't you?
Old 12-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #13
lustylad
BANNED

hahaha... nobody said anything about Trump??? That's the whole point you are straining to make here!

We're back in 1930s Germany, folks! Don't let history repeat itself!

Your analogy is completely false, grotesquely overwrought and hysterical!

You lose a national election and now you want to blame Josef Goebbels!

You look even stupider than Jen Palmieri blaming it on a gaggle of white supremacists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
I got slammed by a few when I noted the similarities of Mr Hitler's rise and Mr. new president.
Quote:
I was grateful for the opportunity it afforded those who had ignored the Drumpf BS machine -- or bought into it -- to take a glimpse into the history we must never repeat.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Who said anything about the election?

Reading is FUNdamental!
Old 12-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #15
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Who said anything about the election?
"...Mr. New President..." "...the Drumpf BS machine..." "...Bannon is a student of Goebbels..."

Playing dumb only makes you look dumber. Or are you too dumb to know that?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women