Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47430
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
veedub63
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32
Default Waste of Political Capital

What in the hell is my man Trump thinking? Is this a trial balloon or is Trump seriously considering this? Is Mike Pence really this dangerous (yes, I'm aware of his failed attempts in Indiana)?

I'm referring the the (alleged) draft of an Executive Order titled, Establishing a Government-Wide Initiative to Respect Religious Freedom.

I believe that religion shouldn't need to be told what it's place is. Belief of any kind is personal, and a personal choice, not binding on anyone else -including our children. Positive values pass from parent to child in day to day life, through parents' behavior and actions. Children make their own choice as adults, based on parents' behavior, not words.

The place of belief in society, and the State, is to guide our personal behavior, and filter into the community through our the respect, fairness and compassion we show towards others.

What we believe, and any observance required, is our own concern, to be kept at home, in Church, Synagogue, Mosque, or meeting place. It has no active place in politics or government.

Recognizing the right of another person to exist as they were born to be, does not amount to discrimination against a personal belief. Rather, it challenges the believer to show the compassion and respect for God's creations, much touted by religion. Once again, our belief/non-beliefs are our choice. They have value, but for personal use only.

Addressing the internationally dysfunctional immigration "system" is common sense. Government prioritizing its own country makes complete sense. However, no country can function if it is pulled every-which-way by the pickiness of a myriad beliefs. The misuse of religion has done, and is currently doing more than enough international damage.

Believers are the only ones unsure of the strength of their beliefs. People of real faith don't think too much about the personal lives of others, they treat everyone in the same respectful way, because no external influence can unsettle that faith.

IN SHORT:

GALATIANS 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

KEEP RELIGION OUT OF GOVERNMENT. PERIOD.
veedub63 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #2
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 116

OMG, what is the world coming to? I actually agree with veedub on something.

(Perhaps I underestimated him )
Cap'n Crunch is online now   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #3
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

It's going in the opposite, by the time Trump is done Christianity will be our official religion.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I agree with you guys. Although, I haven't heard about this.
Religion needs to be kept out of government. Totally.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Ellen, Trump is just signing what he's given, he doesn't have the intelect to read, understand and question what his handlers give him. Part of the problem is the far right christians have infiltrated the Republican party and will push their agenda with no one to stop them, not even the Supreme Court since for the next generation will be siding with the religious right.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;."

Good enough for me.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #7
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Well, the far right Christian's are zealots. I don't agree with them. But they are a huge voting block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
Ellen, Trump is just signing what he's given, he doesn't have the intelect to read, understand and question what his handlers give him. Part of the problem is the far right christians have infiltrated the Republican party and will push their agenda with no one to stop them, not even the Supreme Court since for the next generation will be siding with the religious right.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #8
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

With Republicans continuing to win governorships and state legislatures, it'll be easier to pass Constitutional amendments. Checks and balances are out, we have begun an institutional dictatorship.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #9
veedub63
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;."

Good enough for me.
Care to elaborate? Perhaps provide some insight into your position as it relates to the proposed-alleged executive order I referred to in my original post?

I'm sure we can all agree that the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution is "good enough" but that analysis falls terribly short of actually addressing the issues presented with the original post.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #10
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Intensionally vague. Just like the 1st Amendment.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #11
veedub63
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Intensionally vague. Just like the 1st Amendment.
Understood. Thanks for the response. Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I'm with all of y'all on this, except for the dusty old curmudgeon, who apparently responds to Twitler's dog whistles.

Religion is not and should not be the basis for any policy decisions made in a free country.

Period.

For a change, Twitler is being a demagogue.

Seems like all he wants to do is "destroy" things, people, countries, policies.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women