Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59906
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47515
pyramider46370
bambino40311
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
oden
Valued Poster

Default Does your favorite pet define you?

I think it does: dog or cat, fish or bird, male or female;we all have an affiliation with our pets and those we can't o bide. So, for all you pet owners, be they dog or rodent, fish or fowl; tell me who is your favorite and which is your nemesis?
oden is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
Tiffani Jameson
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2590
My ECCIE Reviews

To be honest, my cat does NOT act like me, or like I raised her. She is so stuck up. And a total catnip whore. That's the only thing that loosens her ass up. When I have company, I try to be social and welcoming, but not her. She moves just out of reach of your hand. She is not into human food, like she's above eating roast beef or something. The only reason I like her is she sounds exactly like your kids think a cat sounds, you that "MEEYOW". And she's totally fat and beautiful, and only speaks to me when she wants something from me.

You're a total bitch, LAYLA!
Tiffani Jameson is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

When I was younger I had an aquarium with 6 piranha. They were shy eaters which surprised me. When they did go after fresh fish though they gave it their all. So I guess that's similar.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Dogs. I love dogs. I've had all kinds, from huge dino-canines to the 6 wee chihuahuas that I have now. They're affectionate, warm, loyal, playful, always happy to see you....if that doesn't define me then I don't know what does. (But I don't poop in public or have a rawhide chewing addiction.)

Canines are more honest than people; they growl and the hair stands up on their necks if they don't like you, they wag their tails and lick you if they do. Dogs do not have the ability to deceive.

Now CATS.......hsssssttttttt! Well, like Tiffani said about her feline, they're aloof, ungrateful, snide, snotty, and sneaky. I used to have one that left presents in my best shoes. No, not dead critters; that would have been homage and indicated that she might have liked me. She left hacked-up hairballs and things that should have been kept in the litter box. She'd stare straight at me and use my couch as a scratching post, like she was daring me to do something about it. She'd rake the dogs over the nose just for breathing on her and send even the big hounds yelping to the closet, and she'd often chase them there. She'd steal whatever she wanted off the tables and counters, then go maniac and draw my blood if I tried to get it back.

However, when I had company she'd curl up on their laps and purr like she was the perfectly innocent kitten, looking at me sideways with those evil devious demon eyes.

Give me a dog I can trust anytime, not a cat with a schizo bent.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
RachaelBenedict
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 10236
My ECCIE Reviews

I've always had large parrots... after they've decided that they're you're not a predator, they're the most intense, expressive, social, humorous, intelligent, playful and witty animals.

I get told that I act like my bird all the time. We are soooo much alike.

I've never really liked cats. Dogs are okay, depending on the dog...
RachaelBenedict is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBenedict View Post
I've always had large parrots... after they've decided that they're you're not a predator, they're the most intense, expressive, social, humorous, intelligent, playful and witty animals.
So, let's see how your taste runs. Is your parrot:
  1. Macaw (Blue & Gold, Hyacinthine, Red & [I forget]). If Hyacinthine, you shell out a pretty penny.
  2. African Grey. Supposedly the easiest to train to talk. I was in a jewelry shop the other day day in a tourist town in Colorado, and the owner had one in the shop. It gnawed on phone books.
  3. Red fronted, yellow winged, etc. These are a bunch of smaller parrots and don't really fit your description.
Just curious...
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
RachaelBenedict
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 10236
My ECCIE Reviews

None of those. He's a cockatoo- big white bird with peach and yellows under his feathers that you see when you're close enough to pet him.
He doesn't say that many words, but when he does it's in context... he will chew up my phones, laptops, and other electronics the second I turn my back; we both love technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
So, let's see how your taste runs. Is your parrot:
  1. Macaw (Blue & Gold, Hyacinthine, Red & [I forget]). If Hyacinthine, you shell out a pretty penny.
  2. African Grey. Supposedly the easiest to train to talk. I was in a jewelry shop the other day day in a tourist town in Colorado, and the owner had one in the shop. It gnawed on phone books.
  3. Red fronted, yellow winged, etc. These are a bunch of smaller parrots and don't really fit your description.
Just curious...
RachaelBenedict is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I had an African Grey and a Cherry-Headed Conure, but then, dang it, I developed an allergy to bird dander. (I found them an excellent home and still keep in contact. Parrots are long-lived creatures.) They were incredibly smart and entertaining. The Conure would amuse himself by imitating the doorbell and calling out "hello" to rile my dogs up, and repeating every bad word I ever said when my dear, sweet grandmother was visiting.

I have a 150-gallon saltwater aquarium in my living room now, too. Beautiful, relaxing, and fascinating, but fish are not what I would call a "pet" since I can't pet them. I've had reptiles, as well, and particularly like Jackson Chameleons, but again, not getting the fuzzy comfort and adoration I've had from dogs. (Fancy's place has been Dr. Doolittle's second home.)
Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Not only do we define each other, I am starting to think we are one, and the same.

Our pets not only offer us a strong bond, but are often times the one consistent in our lives. They are a connection to our past, and the people who were in it.

Ed, is turning eight soon, and I am scared. I know that If, and when he goes the best part of me will go with him.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #10
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Not only do we define each other, I am starting to think we are one, and the same.

Our pets not only offer us a strong bond, but are often times the one consistent in our lives. They are a connection to our past, and the people who were in it.

Ed, is turning eight soon, and I am scared. I know that If, and when he goes the best part of me will go with him.

Excellently put! I feel exactly the same. My six much beloved chihuahuas are 12, 13, and 14 now, and while small dogs live longer, they are starting to show the weaknesses of age, and my vet bills bear witness to that. Losing them is the only thing on this planet that really scares me. It is SO unfair of God, Mother Nature, whatever, that man's (and woman's) best friend cannot share a human lifespan.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #11
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Never saw much point in having fish. Otherwise, I'm like all kinds of animals. Probably dogs and horses best. But I also like cats, raccoons, squirrels, birds, etc.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I am not a big fan of cats. Most of them make me itchy and sneezy, and the ones that don't are kind of ugly.

I am a dog guy. I am kind of a snob when it comes to dogs. . .once you have had a Border Collie it is hard to have the same bond with any other breed. I am now on my third Border.

If you want an excellent read, check out the books written by Jon Katz:

ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #13
Iceman
Valued Poster

Dogs. I had a doberman and a greyhound both of which I lost this year.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

I have two dogs, and I love my boys as much as they love me.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Two English Mastiffs here.

For me, if it don't weigh more than 200 pounds then it ain't worth havin' as a pet.

Pretty much defines me in a lot of ways. If you're gonna do it, do it all the way.

Cheers!
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women