Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70394
biomed160366
Yssup Rider59873
gman4452886
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47449
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37068
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35221
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #31
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I am already paying at the maximum rate for my income bracket, as I have zero deductions. My daughter is a school teacher, and I pay more in taxes than her gross income.
Again with the braggadocious comment about how much you make.

And you make that much money, but have zero deductions?

Quote:
So, Warren Buffet can kiss my ass. I work for every penny I make, and I am tired of some super rich billionaire, lazy ass malcontent, or two bit polititian that has never held a real job wanting more, and more, and more.
Apparently the only forms of class warfare that you're against are those which you perceive to be aimed at you.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #32
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

But of course that isn't what Buffet or Obama are proposing; they want more money into the general treasury to fund bigger government, more entitlements, and more and more debt !!!!!!!!!!

Buffet's rant is another attempt by a Democrat to boost government spending, more government debt and a greater nanny state.
Really? Are you that narrow minded to think that is what Buffet is proposing? You got all of that out of Buffet's statement that Congress has coddled the Ultra Rich. By the way you keep saying Democrats I have to assume you think the Republicans would do a better job of cutting spending. Don't make me laugh.

President Bush presided over the largest overall increase in inflation-adjusted federal spending since Lyndon B. Johnson. Even after excluding spending on defense and homeland security, Bush is still the biggest-spending president in 30 years. His 2006 budget didn't cut enough spending to change his place in history, either. Total government spending grew by 33 percent during Bush’s first term. The federal budget as a share of the economy grew from 18.5 percent of GDP on Clinton’s last day in office to 20.3 percent by the end of Bush’s first term. The Republican Congress enthusiastically assisted the budget bloat. Inflation-adjusted spending on the combined budgets of the 101 largest programs they vowed to eliminate in 1995 has grown by 27 percent. The GOP was once effective at controlling nondefense spending. The final nondefense budgets under Clinton were a combined $57 billion smaller than what he proposed from 1996 to 2001. Under Bush, Congress passed budgets that spent a total of $91 billion more than the president requested for domestic programs. Bush signed every one of those bills during his first term. In Bush’s budget exactly as proposed, not a single cabinet level agency was smaller than when Bush assumed office. Republicans could reform the budget rules that stack the deck in favor of more spending. Unfortunately, senior House Republicans are fighting the changes. The GOP establishment in Washington today has become a defender of big government.

Note I am not saying the the Democrats are any better, you just need to be honest in your views of BOTH parties.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #33
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I am already paying at the maximum rate for my income bracket, as I have zero deductions.
Well, I pay the maximum tax rate for all income brackets. So fucking what??!!!!

And suppose that your marginal rate was jacked up an entire 4.6% points back to where it was in the Clinton administration. What would you do differently? Would you quit working? Would you quit investing and put your money in a mattress? Seriously, answer this question for us. Suppose you had to increase your tax payments 2 - 3%. How would that really make your life all that much different? I'd sincerely like to know.

Frankly, I wouldn't even notice it. I couldn't tell you how much income tax I paid last year within $50,000. Maybe not even within $100,000. It's just something that we withhold in December depending on how much money the firm has made that year. It's just another bill to me.

Would that 2 - 3 % really effect your life or your economic decisions? Let's hear an answer to these questions.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #34
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
. . . Suppose you had to increase your tax payments 2 - 3%. How would that really make your life all that much different? I'd sincerely like to know.

Would that 2 - 3 % really effect your life or your economic decisions? Let's hear an answer to these questions.
I accept your point!!

Taking the incredible amount of waste, fraud, & corruption within many Government programs into consideration. . . would a 2 - 3% "real cut" in funding really make much difference in the "real" services they provide? * Many people would sincerely like to know!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #35
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Suppose you had to increase your tax payments 2 - 3%. How would that really make your life all that much different? I'd sincerely like to know.
C'mon. We all know they'd give up their $300,000/yr income to save themselves the extra $3000 tax payment they'd be forced to make.

We know this because Ayn Rand told us so.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #36
fine dimes21
Valued Poster

Not going to happen. Inside Job, the movie gives you good reasons why it isn't.
fine dimes21 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #37
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Obama will renew them (when they expire in late 2012 before the election); just like he did in 2010. He will say otherwise, but in the end he will not veto them !

Obama is a phony......He says one thing and does thing other...it's his DNA; he is a 3-card monte hustler from the streets ! Keep an eye on what he does, not what he says.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...uts-for-rich/1
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #38
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Closeoff View Post
Not going to happen. Inside Job, the movie gives you good reasons why it isn't.
Every American should watch this movie...

Along with the Pat Tillman Story!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #39
latnlvr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

I am curious . Can someone explain to me this question? Every working American is contributing to Social Security and Medicare. The Federal government takes that money and gives IOU to the Trust(??). Then spends those amounts on Tax cuts and foreign wars. Now they want to cut SS benefits because they call that entitlements. They expect the future generations i.e. our kids and grand kids to pay off the debt.

My question is why no body has asked the Congress to stop stealing our Social Security funds. Let us cut all the benefits to the congressmen, Senators and the current and ex-presidents, till they cut the deficit, bring the SS funds to positive and the Federal government lives within it means as we all i.e responsible citizens live. Let us Cut CORPORATE WELFARE ( who export jobs to Overseas)
latnlvr is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #40
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

I'm also curious. So when the govt raises taxes on the "rich" that will certainly affect every member of Congress and of course the President. So they want to vote to raise their own taxes? Or will there be the typical "Congressional Loophole" that they are exempt from the regulations they pass?
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #41
Casanova69
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I'm also curious. So when the govt raises taxes on the "rich" that will certainly affect every member of Congress and of course the President. So they want to vote to raise their own taxes? Or will there be the typical "Congressional Loophole" that they are exempt from the regulations they pass?
Well Chica Chaser, I think Buffet is referring to the people that own the means of production. He's advocating higher taxes for the multi-millionaires and billionaires in this country. I can't say that I disagree with him.

We need more tax brackets and higher tax brackets for the wealthy. That's the best path to prosperity, and in the long run, equality.
Casanova69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #42
Wizard of Ahhhhs
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova69 View Post
We need more tax brackets and higher tax brackets for the wealthy. That's the best path to prosperity, and in the long run, equality.
Prosperity and equality for whom, the 50% who don't pay any taxes??
Wizard of Ahhhhs is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #43
Wizard of Ahhhhs
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

One of the best comments I read about Mr Buffet... pulled from http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...warren-buffett

I have six major issues with Buffett. 1) He INTENTIONALLY does not have Berkshire pay him a salary. If he did, his tax consequence would surely be at the highest income tax rate on whatever that salary would be. It is HIS CHOICE not to take a salary, therefore HE is responsible for his own lower tax rate. 2) The taxes that Berkshire pays are truly mostly taxes paid by HIM! It is interesting how he omits Berkshire's tax liability when discussing his tax liability. 3) IF the US government were such a great and competant spender of money, why does he (and many others, including Gates) start foundations? The benefit to them is 1) tax reductions and 2) THEY get to decide where that money goes! So, inefficient government agencies decide where your and my money goes, but that isn't good enough for Buffett and Gates! THEY want to determine to whom their money goes. Boy, I would like to decide that too! 4) Owning insurance companies that sell insurance to pay for death taxes is a definite conflict of interest. It behooves Buffett to keep the tax structure for estate/death taxes as high as possible, so that his companies can sell more insurance policies. 6) IF he thinks the tax rates are too low, there is NOTHING preventing him from paying more. He DOES NOT have the right to compel me to pay more, but has the right to pay as much as he wants to. Liberals always want to spend some one else's money, and then take credit..."look what I did for you".
Wizard of Ahhhhs is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #44
Linus
Account Disabled

I wonder, as Pat Buchanan so eloquently put it, why don't these ultra rich people just write the check? If they have all this money why don't they keep 250K a year and give the rest to old Uncle Sam?
I for one don't think we should keep giving more and more to a group of 545 people that hav for the past 50 years spent us into the poor house! And by the way, that 545 is the right and the left! So keep you stupid PC comments about me being a racist to yourself. There are plenty of crappy freeloading people in ever race. And no I do not support President Obama's ideas, not because he is half black or half white, I don't support them because I don't believe they are taking us in the right direction! And guess what? I bitched that GWB was selling the farm too! In my humble opinion, it's been a long time since any politician was in the game for the right reasons, or did the right thing!
Linus is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #45
Casanova69
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs View Post
Prosperity and equality for whom, the 50% who don't pay any taxes??
There are plenty of rich people that skip out on their taxes. Did you read about the IRS bust 2 years ago. They found loads of money in Swiss bank accounts. We need stricter tax laws, more brackets, and higher rates for rich people. In case you haven't noticed, this country's infrastructure is falling apart. We desperately need more revenues.
Casanova69 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women