Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 07-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #46
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52

Hit...

We couldn't sign Lebron due to Leonard's contract still on the books until next year. We are hard capped currently. That, and with Leonard showing interest in the Clippers in LA, it goes to show he didn't want to play with James, so even had Kawhi wanted to stay he wouldn't have come here. We wouldn't have been able to bring James in until next season when Kawhis contract was off the books. Lakers had a better situation for him with young talent as well as cap for 1 more star, likely Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompason or someone else that's a free agent next year while they hold their young stars in Kuzma and Ingram. So yeah, too much against SA to bring in James. He signed with Lakers due to two homes there, lifestyle, tons more money in Las Angeles.

As for 219 for Leonard, due to Bird rights, you can offer more money that doesnt count against your cap or luxury tax in order to retain a player you drafted or have had on the payroll for at least 2 or 3 seasons. Can offer more after more years. Kawhi is turning down nearly 60 mil to go play somewhere else. In LA or a bigger market, he likely gets a 40 mil shoe deal which is 20 higher than now, gets maybe two more major sponsors equaling his 219 here, and then gets even more local deals totaling maybe 20 to 100 mil more if he has success. Making our 219 look small compared to big market players, especially I'd he gets a supermax in a big market. His family sees dollar signs. That's it. Just scamming the spurs to get him out of SA for more money. I'm betting his injury was not as serious as they are saying it is. You need to cut ties with people like that.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #47
Aboutlife1983
Gaining Momentum

It's pretty simple, Leonard is a bitch an didn't his own man,
Old 07-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #48
Aboutlife1983
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Grey View Post
Hit...

We couldn't sign Lebron due to Leonard's contract still on the books until next year. We are hard capped currently. That, and with Leonard showing interest in the Clippers in LA, it goes to show he didn't want to play with James, so even had Kawhi wanted to stay he wouldn't have come here. We wouldn't have been able to bring James in until next season when Kawhis contract was off the books. Lakers had a better situation for him with young talent as well as cap for 1 more star, likely Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompason or someone else that's a free agent next year while they hold their young stars in Kuzma and Ingram. So yeah, too much against SA to bring in James. He signed with Lakers due to two homes there, lifestyle, tons more money in Las Angeles.

As for 219 for Leonard, due to Bird rights, you can offer more money that doesnt count against your cap or luxury tax in order to retain a player you drafted or have had on the payroll for at least 2 or 3 seasons. Can offer more after more years. Kawhi is turning down nearly 60 mil to go play somewhere else. In LA or a bigger market, he likely gets a 40 mil shoe deal which is 20 higher than now, gets maybe two more major sponsors equaling his 219 here, and then gets even more local deals totaling maybe 20 to 100 mil more if he has success. Making our 219 look small compared to big market players, especially I'd he gets a supermax in a big market. His family sees dollar signs. That's it. Just scamming the spurs to get him out of SA for more money. I'm betting his injury was not as serious as they are saying it is. You need to cut ties with people like that.
You honestly think LBJ will come to the Spurs???
Old 07-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #49
Weissach
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

LBJ to SA... he DOES love Pop.... but love ain't the same as $$$ & the lights in LA...
Old 07-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #50
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboutlife1983 View Post
You honestly think LBJ will come to the Spurs???
If you read the post correctly, I said there was no chance of him coming here. He was always going to go to LA. Salary cap space, Kawhi's situation here, and living situation made it impossible for Lebron to come here. Read it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboutlife1983 View Post
It's pretty simple, Leonard is a bitch an didn't his own man,
Leonard has not said a word. All reports have come from his uncle/family that are managing him. As stated above, they get paid if Kawhi gets a big market contract with tons of endorsements. They are looking out for their own pockets and interests as they get commissions for getting Leonard more deals, and that is only possible in a bigger market. Not Leonard's or winning with a top notch sports franchise. Leonard is taking very bad advice and may have ruined his career. No one should do business with people like that. Kawhi would do well to fire his management and sign under a new agency. I'm betting they faked his injury so they could get him out of SA sooner than later and get out of signing a long term deal in SA.

But if you want to call Kawhi a bitch, I think Michelle Beadle agrees with you...

Sooner this guy gets out of San Antonio, the better...
Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #51
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

In other news around the NBA...

Carmelo Anthony who is getting a buyout from the OKC Thunder is looking like he is heavily considering the Rockets as a landing destination.

San Antonio Spurs have reached a final agreement with Davis Bertans on a 4 year $20 mil deal.

Spurs made it official today to let Kyle Anderson sign with the Grizzlies as they did not match their offer of 4 years and 37 mil.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #52
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Grey View Post
Hit...

DG...apprec the response but I guess my bro's point was just kinda trading one contract for another. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

I'm curious as to how many season holders have either called to complain and/or cancelled for next year altogether? Or maybe they're waiting for gino to make his decision.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #53
Weissach
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Michelle Beadle-- I saw that clip...You GO GIRL..LOVED IT... you got Balls... As much as San Antonio USED to like KL.. he needs to move... and I went to San Diego State etc.. I will bet he crashes & burns... thanks to his family / advisers who came out of the woodwork when the big pay checks started coming in.. I saw it with some TOP players in H/School & College... got caught with the wrong folks / advisors... REBUILT TIME--- but ya know Pop CAN do it... provided he does not retire..but if he does... damn that was a GREAT run for him, the Spurs.. and all the players he touched... short term or long term!!!
Old 07-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #54
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittinit View Post
DG...apprec the response but I guess my bro's point was just kinda trading one contract for another. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

I'm curious as to how many season holders have either called to complain and/or cancelled for next year altogether? Or maybe they're waiting for gino to make his decision.
I know a lot of folks called in due to the Silver dancer issue. The Kawhi thing hurts, but it's a new era after Duncan and we are just seeing the bigger part of the rolling avalanche. We saw the frustration with LaMarcus first. Now Leonard. It's time for maybe Manu and Pop to give it a rest.

Personally want Hammond to take over for Pop.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #55
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissach View Post
Michelle Beadle-- I saw that clip...You GO GIRL..LOVED IT... you got Balls... As much as San Antonio USED to like KL.. he needs to move... and I went to San Diego State etc.. I will bet he crashes & burns... thanks to his family / advisers who came out of the woodwork when the big pay checks started coming in.. I saw it with some TOP players in H/School & College... got caught with the wrong folks / advisors... REBUILT TIME--- but ya know Pop CAN do it... provided he does not retire..but if he does... damn that was a GREAT run for him, the Spurs.. and all the players he touched... short term or long term!!!
Hell yeah. That was a great one. She rocked it.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #56
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Toronto creating news....

The Toronto Raptors are in the mix for Kawhi Leonard as of yesterday officially. I heard a rumor on the Stephan A Smith show a few weeks ago and now its come out and we are more interested in DeMar Derozan. Here's one of many sites with news on a potential deal...

https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/09/tor...-trade-rumors/

I would no question trade for him. One of the best scorers in the game right now and we have a better case of players to compliment him (can start Aldridge, Gay and DeRozan together which would be pretty awesome). He also has 3 years on his contract which lines up with LaMarcus Aldridge. Perfect time to build around them and hit free agency in 3 seasons.

Spurs, if it's been offered. Take it!

Anyone else have thoughts on DeMar in San Antonio?
Old 07-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #57
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

That would get my interest up ..... but we might actually have to include a player (Patty? Or DG?) to make the trade even ..... Derozan is now 28 years old, and will make $27,739,975 each year for the next 3 years, with the 3rd year being a player option, meaning he could opt out after the 2019-2020 season .....
Old 07-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #58
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Well... I was wrong (again): https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index...orbes_rep.html
Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #59
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 gauge View Post
That would get my interest up ..... but we might actually have to include a player (Patty? Or DG?) to make the trade even ..... Derozan is now 28 years old, and will make $27,739,975 each year for the next 3 years, with the 3rd year being a player option, meaning he could opt out after the 2019-2020 season .....
Per ESPN...

"I know this might sound like a roll of the dice, but if I'm the Raptors, I would pick up the phone and tell Spurs GM R.C. Buford that he can choose a package featuring DeMar DeRozan. Yes, I get that you'd be giving up three years of DeRozan for Leonard's expiring contract. But let's face it: Toronto is third in the East pecking order behind Boston and Philadelphia. With LeBron out West, I would take a chance on Leonard if he looks healthy. Add Danny Green's $10 million contract to Leonard, and a deal for DeRozan works."

Here is the whole article of what the Spurs are looking at right now trade potential wise. So far, the DeRozan deal is the best I've heard all offseason...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...w-lebron-james

We get an all-star in return, we get Green outta SA (if we are going to turn the ship, might as well keep going). We can use either Forbs and/or bring back Manu for backup guard minutes as opposed to finding Green time which his offense has not been impressive last year or two. It's a great trade that makes sense to build around Aldridge and him for the next 2-3 years. If they suck or don't win, you get free agency in as soon as 2020 or 2021 with 2 max contracts off the books plus Pau gone by then, Green gone, and Patty gone. Can literally sign 3 max players by then in either 2020 or 2021 with Becky very likely to be the first NBA female head coach when Pop retires in 2020. Who wouldn't want to make her the first female head coach champion? I see some good things coming sooner than later for SA. Just sit back and enjoy the ride as things unfold.

Not saying that is the guy we are getting, but it's honestly the best option so far. With that deal possibly opening up, I can see others maybe looking at who they might want to give up.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #60
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Roster as of 7/10

Projected Starters
Pau
Aldridge
Gay
Green
Murray

Bench
Patty
Bellineli
Bertans
Forbs
Walker
Metu

Players Lost/Leaving
Kawhi
Tony Parker
Kyle Anderson
Jeoffry Lauvergne

Free Agents
Manu Ginobili

Spurs were 7th seed without Leonard last year (even beat Golden State in a game in the playoffs) and felt Parker, Jeoffry and Anderson were dead weight last year. We have improved our roster thus far, and any deal for Leonard will only improve our record from last season as not many teams made improvements. One guy can change the team dramatically into a threat in our conference.

Houston got worse losing two key role guys in Trevor Ariza and Moute. Their forward position is spread very thin as is their key defensive guys. Clint Capela has yet to sign with the team. They are looking at signing Carmelo Anthony which is not a great pick up considering he plays zero defense and has not taken care of his body since entering the league.

From 3rd down to 10th which were all close, most got worse. Clippers lost Deandre Jordan to Dallas. Thunder have not signed anyone significant in free agency other than keeping Paul George. Utah stayed the same. Portland stayed the same. Denver stayed the same. Timberwolves stars are all unhappy in Minnesota apparently with both Towns and Wiggins expressing wanting out or a change when contracts are up. Spurs got a huge shot at blowing this open with a decent Leonard deal.

Two teams to watch out for that were not threats last season, Phoenix Suns and Las Angeles Lakers.

Suns drafted Ayton #1 who has been dominate in the summer league. Reminds me of Shaq, but in a thinner more athletic frame, moves like Durant almost but at 7ft and much more muscle. And can shoot from wherever including 3s. Booker is back healthy and on a max deal contract he just signed. Youngest player to score 70 points in a game and most in a game since Kobe had 80. He is only 21 years old and signed his first max deal already and averages 25 points a night. They picked up Trevor Ariza from the Rockets. Chris Jackson was last years number 2 overall, and he has a new haircut which looks all business (Lonnie Walker I wish would take notes). They are coming out of their shell this season, and will be a pretty awesome team to watch.

And well the Lakers, everyone knows what is going on there. Not even going to say it.

If you don't have at least 44 to 46 wins this year, you might not make the playoffs out West.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women