Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59964
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Words you love and hate the sound of

I think we did this ages ago on ASPD and some of the words people disliked were pretty funny. I was reminded of it when PJ used the word "Crud"...always reminds me of cow poop (complete with offending smell) when hear that word

I really don't like the way the word "moist" sounds. For some strangely illogical reason it gives me goosebumps..and not in a good way. he way it rolls around the mouth is just so wrong. I'm sure I have more, but that's my number 1. You?
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

For me, it's mostly the mispronunciation of words that sounds to me like nails being scraped across a chalkboard.

My top offender: Those who pronounce "nuclear" as if it were spelled "nucular."

I have others, and as soon as they come to mind, I'll pop back here.

A word that sounds kewl to me: surreptitious. There's something surreptitious about the sound of that word.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
John Bull
Valued Poster

Twat is the worst sex word for me.

Irregardless is ugly as well as just plain wrong.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisrn View Post
smegma
dennisrn reminded me of one I could go either way on.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I am with John..I hate the word TWAT & the word CUNT

I do however love the word F&CK!!! It just sounds so cool whenever used in a naughty way!!
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
I am with John..I hate the word TWAT & the word CUNT
I'm not really bothered by either of those, but Mrs. Mazo certainly is. Using either of those words in her presence earns me a night on the sofa.

That's good in one way, though. I can tell when she's REALLY pissed at somebody (most usually me) because she only rolls out one of those terms when she means it. Let's me know when I have a chance to appeal and when I need to just accept the judgment and be happy about it.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Irregardless is ugly as well as just plain wrong.
+1

[BTW, is this a thread for effete snobs? LOL]
Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Nina Rae
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7731
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
For me, it's mostly the mispronunciation of words that sounds to me like nails being scraped across a chalkboard.

My top offender: Those who pronounce "nuclear" as if it were spelled "nucular."
Ugh! I agree! I had a college BioChem professor who used to say "New-que-lore" and it...drove..me...up..the...wal l!

I also cannot stand "cunt", "wad", and "p*ssy". That last one gets me...I just don't like the sound at all!

On the other hand, I love the sound of "succulent" and "silken". They just ooze sensuality without being overtly nasty. LOL.
Nina Rae is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

oooh Nina..."succulent" is a brilliantly likeable word.
You suck the juice right out of it as you say it.

I also like "Aqua" and anything that starts with Aqua...no idea why, it just works for me.

Mispronounced words:

Agree with nuclear being mis-pronounced as nu-cu-lar
That is one thing Bush can be blamed for. I'll never forget him saying that lol. Kids are funny when they mis-pronouce things. When I nannied, the little girl asked me, "What are pricks?" erm....erm....show me the context?
Turns out she meant "Prix" as in Grand Prix. Bless 'em.

C
Old 10-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
When I nannied, the little girl asked me, "What are pricks?" erm....erm....show me the context? Turns out she meant "Prix" as in Grand Prix. Bless 'em. C
You mean she followed Formula One? Woo hoo! Or that Bernie Ecclestone is a prick?!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default ''Fuck me'', always makes me smile. (Unless of course its me saying it and I'm begging!)

I maybe weird but I do not hate or love words Per se. Oh I love the way some people are masters of the spoken/written word. Two past posters come to mind, TheCasualObserver and Chloe Bancroft.

A word that will make you cringe in one setting is used for laughter in the next. They are like mercury in that regard and therefore kinda hard for me to pin down/pigeon-hole.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #12
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
oooh Nina..."succulent" is a brilliantly likeable word.
You suck the juice right out of it as you say it.

I also like "Aqua" and anything that starts with Aqua...no idea why, it just works for me.

Mispronounced words:

Agree with nuclear being mis-pronounced as nu-cu-lar
That is one thing Bush can be blamed for. I'll never forget him saying that lol. Kids are funny when they mis-pronouce things. When I nannied, the little girl asked me, "What are pricks?" erm....erm....show me the context?
Turns out she meant "Prix" as in Grand Prix. Bless 'em.

C
Yeah, GWB sent me up the wall with that, but he wasn't the first, nor will he be the last. Just shows a basic lack of knowledge IMHO.

I can even tell one on me. In middle school I was giving a report on Michelangelo, and was talking about how he moved from Bologna (in Italy) to another city. I pronounced the city like you would the lunch meat. LOL. After all, it is spelled the same. The teacher interrupted me to correct the pronunciation to "Bolonya." I never went back to Boloney when talking about the city.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Oh that (Charles) reminds me of when someone described a work colleague as "air-roo-dit-tay". I asked him to repeat the word several times but I could still not figure out what he meant. After asking them to spell it I realized they meant, "Erudite." I suppose if you were trying to guess the french accent to it, that might be a reasonable guess...but it confused me for a few minutes.

C
Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #14
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

LOL
Old 10-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default words people nevergivethought to

i notice, and when i allow it, get irritated by words and phrases people use, especially phrases used incessantly and without thought in their speech patterns. (i allow pretty women to do just about anything and it never seems to irritate me.)

basically, its like this, you know what i mean?

(three examples right there).

and of course not to be slighted is the grating use of the word "myself", used incorrectly, frequently by athletes, as in "John threw the pass to myself and our team scored, well myself did actually".

of course the phrase "to be honest" is about the stupidest phrase ever devised (unless maybe you're WTF and you are trying to get real for once).

a mispronounced word i can live with more than a misused word, especially when someone is striving to seem intelligent.

on a related matter, the word "how" has always intrigued me. it seems a funny word and could be interpreted in ways the user never intended.

and then there are the words we never use or at least it seems they should be words, for example we use the word "inept" but does one ever say "ept"? there are a whole slew of such words. I seem to think about them as i run across them.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women