Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Should those on welfare/medicare lose the right to vote?

OK. So if someone's a Ward of the state (Prisons, mental institutions, orphanages etc) while they are a ward, they lose the right to vote..

So should those who can ONLY survive/have a life to live cause of government largesse (such as some one in a 40k wheel chair who has to require 2 at home nurse maids, all paid for by medicare to just be able to 'live on his own') be seen as a 'ward of the state', and thus lose THEIR right to vote?
What of those who live on welfare?
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
wordup666
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
OK. So if someone's a Ward of the state (Prisons, mental institutions, orphanages etc) while they are a ward, they lose the right to vote..

So should those who can ONLY survive/have a life to live cause of government largesse (such as some one in a 40k wheel chair who has to require 2 at home nurse maids, all paid for by medicare to just be able to 'live on his own') be seen as a 'ward of the state', and thus lose THEIR right to vote?
Medicare or medicaid ?
wordup666 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Great idea but lets not forget about all the Corporations that get a hand out. I know they do not vote but they seem to have money for lobbyist and politicians.
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordup666 View Post
Medicare or medicaid ?
Yeh, let's get that straight. Medicare is set up through the Social Security System for those over 65. We pay for it. Those of us still working and in a high income bracket pay even more.

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medica...t-b-costs.html

Scroll down to the table. I am forced to pay an additional $428 a month for my plan "B". Most people aren't even aware of this because it does not affect the.

Medicare becomes your Primary Insurance Carrier when you turn 65. Any other insurance you have is suplimental.

Medicaid is medical welfare.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Yeh, let's get that straight. Medicare is set up through the Social Security System for those over 65. We pay for it. Those of us still working and in a high income bracket pay even more.

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medica...t-b-costs.html

Scroll down to the table. I am forced to pay an additional $428 a month for my plan "B". Most people aren't even aware of this because it does not affect the.

Medicare becomes your Primary Insurance Carrier when you turn 65. Any other insurance you have is suplimental.

Maybe the OP thinks you should not be able to vote after your SS/Medicare pay out exceeds what you paid in.

I don't know...a rather slippery slope if you ask me.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
Great idea but lets not forget about all the Corporations that get a hand out. I know they do not vote but they seem to have money for lobbyist and politicians.
You're a fucking dipshit. Give me examples of all those corporations receiving "handouts". A tax reduction is not a handout - it merely lets a firm keep more of its earnings, rather than surrendering them to the government. A contract is not a handout either - it's a payment for goods or services delivered. A handout is pure government largesse. Like your monthly welfare check.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Everybody that takes a home mortgage deduction should not be able to vote...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM   #8
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Maybe the OP thinks you should not be able to vote after your SS/Medicare pay out exceeds what you paid in.
I"ll have to live a few more years before that happens. I just started drawing when I hit 70.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #9
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:

Scroll down to the table. I am forced to pay an additional $428 a month for my plan "B".

$428 a month ?? I pay around $100 a month, why $428 a month??
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:52 PM   #10
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by instfixer View Post

$428 a month ?? I pay around $100 a month, why $428 a month??
Go to the link. Scroll down. You will see the chart with the graduated payment scale depending on your income.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:07 PM   #11
Muscleup
Account Disabled

Encounters: 30

FUCK YES!

FUCKING LOSERS SHOULD NOT VOTE.

SHOULD MOTIVATE THEIR ASS TO WORK.

FUCKIN' POS SHOULD DIE OR WORK. IMHO

PAY NO TAX = NO VOTE
Muscleup is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:40 AM   #12
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Agreed. EVERY special group except WE the people seem to have lobbiests..

Quote:

Apologies. I keep getting the two mixed up when i am typing...
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #13
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post

welfare recipients shouldn't be allowed to vote. if they are off of it for a period of 2 years or 1 election cycle as defined by the state before they could vote again.

Medicaid - same as above.

Medicare - I'd leave this group alone.

corporations/business with govt. - CEO's & business owners shouldn't be allowed to vote if they get a contract with the govt. most of them have the money to lobby the govt. for special favors. these favors generally come in the form of corporate welfare which is another name for subsidies.
-best known subsidies are the agriculture subsidies where we pay farmers not to grow shit.
-Corn subsidies to support EPA ethanol mandate
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #14
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You're a fucking dipshit. Give me examples of all those corporations receiving "handouts". A tax reduction is not a handout - it merely lets a firm keep more of its earnings, rather than surrendering them to the government. A contract is not a handout either - it's a payment for goods or services delivered. A handout is pure government largesse. Like your monthly welfare check.
Boeing
Alcoa
Intel
GM
Ford
Fiat/Mopar
Royal Dutch Shell
Nike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_welfare

If you think a tax break is not welfare then you are even dumber than I estimated. Then again since you do not even know what half the shit you type even means, you may mean something all together different then.

Let me give you an example of Corporate welfare.That effects me. I own a company. I have to pay taxes on everything I own and all the merchandise and supplies I have on the shelves. If a corporation wants to open a place next door they negotiate with the city to not have the pay property tax for a certain term. like 10 years or so. When the time is up, they renegotiate the terms. I know you enjoy jumping in on all the threads that spiral down into name calling, but leave the thinking to the rest of us.

Subsidy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidy
So if you can read then you know what that means now. So when you go down to the store and buy your potted meat and Geritol, You benefit from them not paying taxes. So now who is on Welfare again?
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:39 AM   #15
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Boeing
Alcoa
Intel
GM
Ford
Fiat/Mopar
Royal Dutch Shell
Nike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_welfare

If you think a tax break is not welfare then you are even dumber than I estimated. Then again since you do not even know what half the shit you type even means, you may mean something all together different then.

Let me give you an example of Corporate welfare.That effects me. I own a company. I have to pay taxes on everything I own and all the merchandise and supplies I have on the shelves. If a corporation wants to open a place next door they negotiate with the city to not have the pay property tax for a certain term. like 10 years or so. When the time is up, they renegotiate the terms. I know you enjoy jumping in on all the threads that spiral down into name calling, but leave the thinking to the rest of us.

Subsidy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidy
So if you can read then you know what that means now. So when you go down to the store and buy your potted meat and Geritol, You benefit from them not paying taxes. So now who is on Welfare again?
So is that why YOU and LUBE like the HEB parking lots over the Walmart parking lots ? Because Walmart ( a big backer of the lying liberals from a s far back as when ShrilLIARy was on their board when that broom driver was first, ahem, lady, ahem, of Arkansas ) gets LOTS of tax breaks when they build a new store in a city or town.
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women