Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70387
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47439
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 03-31-2024, 08:38 AM   #76
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Well of course they aren't going to go this far without burning him on something. There has been an obvious pattern set over the past several years. It may not hurt Trump as much as you think. Human nature is a weird thing. People often root for the under dog.
Polls, if you believe them, have shown that if Trump is found guilty of a felony, the majority of voters will not support him.

"More than half of swing-state voters wouldn’t vote for Donald Trump if he were convicted of a crime, according to a new Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll, a warning sign for the Republican frontrunner who continues to lead President Joe Biden in key states."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall

"How would respondents vote “if Trump is convicted of a serious crime in the coming months, and he is the GOP nominee for president”? On each of the four polls, support for Trump was lower on the hypothetical question, giving Biden a narrow lead among all registered voters, ranging from 4 to 9 percentage points. The average result across the four surveys was a Biden lead over Trump of 46% to 40% — in the hypothetical scenario in which Trump is convicted of a serious crime."

https://today.yougov.com/politics/ar...-clinton-polls

"A majority of Americans would not vote for Donald Trump in the 2024 election if he is a convicted criminal by the time of November's race, including more than half of Republican voters, according to a recent poll."

https://www.newsweek.com/only-half-r...d-poll-1869955

"Former President Donald Trump’s raft of criminal charges is likely to hurt him with swing voters in a general election if he’s convicted, a growing number of polls suggest—but with Election Day nearing and his federal election case now removed from the court’s calendar, it’s unclear how many of the four cases against Trump will wrap up before voters head to the polls."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=65f0dbb33201

As I said, Trump will do everything possible to delay the trials until after election day.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 01:37 PM   #77
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Polls, if you believe them, have shown that if Trump is found guilty of a felony, the majority of voters will not support him.

"More than half of swing-state voters wouldn’t vote for Donald Trump if he were convicted of a crime, according to a new Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll, a warning sign for the Republican frontrunner who continues to lead President Joe Biden in key states."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall

"How would respondents vote “if Trump is convicted of a serious crime in the coming months, and he is the GOP nominee for president”? On each of the four polls, support for Trump was lower on the hypothetical question, giving Biden a narrow lead among all registered voters, ranging from 4 to 9 percentage points. The average result across the four surveys was a Biden lead over Trump of 46% to 40% — in the hypothetical scenario in which Trump is convicted of a serious crime."

https://today.yougov.com/politics/ar...-clinton-polls

"A majority of Americans would not vote for Donald Trump in the 2024 election if he is a convicted criminal by the time of November's race, including more than half of Republican voters, according to a recent poll."

https://www.newsweek.com/only-half-r...d-poll-1869955

"Former President Donald Trump’s raft of criminal charges is likely to hurt him with swing voters in a general election if he’s convicted, a growing number of polls suggest—but with Election Day nearing and his federal election case now removed from the court’s calendar, it’s unclear how many of the four cases against Trump will wrap up before voters head to the polls."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=65f0dbb33201

As I said, Trump will do everything possible to delay the trials until after election day.
I think you need to make a distinction between the New York cases and the ones in Washington, D.C. and Fulton County, Georgia. I suspect a guilty verdict in the Stormy Daniels "undeclared campaign contribution" case will actually help Trump, as people recognize it as politically inspired and baseless. And I believe the $455 million award also helps Trump.

But it's likely the cases in Fulton County and Washington D.C. will be front and center around the time people are voting in November. Even though a verdict may not be passed down by then, it will remind voters that Trump tried to steal an election. And that's going to boost turnout of Democrats and persuade some of the fence sitters to vote for Biden.

Republicans had their chance to nominate another candidate. Unfortunately, IMHO, they didn't.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 05:53 PM   #78
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I think you need to make a distinction between the New York cases and the ones in Washington, D.C. and Fulton County, Georgia. I suspect a guilty verdict in the Stormy Daniels "undeclared campaign contribution" case will actually help Trump, as people recognize it as politically inspired and baseless. And I believe the $455 million award also helps Trump.

But it's likely the cases in Fulton County and Washington D.C. will be front and center around the time people are voting in November. Even though a verdict may not be passed down by then, it will remind voters that Trump tried to steal an election. And that's going to boost turnout of Democrats and persuade some of the fence sitters to vote for Biden.

Republicans had their chance to nominate another candidate. Unfortunately, IMHO, they didn't.
I totally agree that the NY case and the Stormy Daniels' trial will not help Biden but I doubt they will help Trump.

I am hoping the Florida trial starts and ends before the election. Trump is guilty in my opinion of many of the charges against him and a guilty verdict on any of the charges will be very damaging to him.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:32 PM   #79
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I totally agree that the NY case and the Stormy Daniels' trial will not help Biden but I doubt they will help Trump.

I am hoping the Florida trial starts and ends before the election. Trump is guilty in my opinion of many of the charges against him and a guilty verdict on any of the charges will be very damaging to him.
I suspect Trump won't be convicted in Florida, given the judge is pro-Trump, and some of the jurors probably will be too. And if I were on the jury I wouldn't give him jail time. Probation, maybe, but not jail.

That said, he's going to come off during the trial as a narcissist who thinks he's above the law and who lied and encouraged his people to lie to law enforcement. So while there may be no guilty verdict, the trial will hurt him.

You may be right though. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a guilty verdict either.

We're getting off topic. If you'd like to discuss further please start a new thread, unless you believe this is an 8th Amendment issue too.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women