Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-12-2018, 06:39 AM   #1
oilfieldace
BANNED

Encounters: 1
Default How will the Libs react when Conservatives maintain control

Of the House and Senate. Will they accept the fact that THEY blew it? The baby pacifier making industry might be a good investment area.
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldace View Post
Of the House and Senate. Will they accept the fact that THEY blew it? The baby pacifier making industry might be a good investment area.

If Republicans maintain control of the House and Senate I think Democrats should accept the fact that the majority of the people in this country agree with Trump's agenda and should be much more open to approving his legislation. Including funding of "the wall".

However, if Democrats take control of the House and retain a slim minority in the Senate, I think Republicans should accept the fact that Trump's policies are not being accepted by most voters and make some adjustments.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
oilfieldace
BANNED

Define Slim minority Mr. SR? Is picking up 3-4 additional seats a slim minority in you view?
Old 10-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #4
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I think the better question is how the hard right will react if the don't keep a majority.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:29 AM   #5
oilfieldace
BANNED

That is a realities easy question to answer, not like the Dems will when they don't retake either house. The conservatives will keep the Senate and that is really all I care about. Ginsberg is a disgrace to the robe and should be impeached for her political views. When she dies or resigns in the next 6 years we can replace that liberal viewpoint of hers
Old 10-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #6
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Define Slim minority Mr. SR? Is picking up 3-4 additional seats a slim minority in you view?
Picking up 3-4 additional Senate seats would be more than a slim majority for Republicans. I would say keeping the 49-51 minority or losing 1 additional seat would be a slim minority for Republicans.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #7
grean
Valued Poster

Well there are 35 seats up for grabs.

26 are democratic. Democrats can lose. However they could win too.

Look at the 2016 polls. They all pointed to Clinton easily winning. Woopsie!
grean is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #8
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
That is a realities easy question to answer, not like the Dems will when they don't retake either house. The conservatives will keep the Senate and that is really all I care about. Ginsberg is a disgrace to the robe and should be impeached for her political views. When she dies or resigns in the next 6 years we can replace that liberal viewpoint of hers
You don't impeach someone, whether it be a SCOTUS judge, the POTUS, or a member of the House or Senate, based on their political views. That is why they were voted into office or, in the case of a SCOTUS judge, appointed.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:40 AM   #9
oilfieldace
BANNED

I firmly believe they will gain seats in the Senate. The house not so positive. It won't be the blood letting that occurred in 2010 and 2014. Now I see people on here saying if they lose that is referendum on Trumps policies? Using that analogy the expletive hated obamas polices yet he got reflected in 2012. It all depends on how many dead people and illegal aliens show up to vote.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #10
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
Well there are 35 seats up.for grabs

Not really. Many of the Senate races are foregone conclusions. There are only a handful that are predicted to be contested.

In my opinion, the race in Nevada between Heller (R) and Rosen (D) which currently is a dead heat, will determine whether or not the 51-49 Republican majority stays the same (Rosen wins) or Republicans pick up an additional seat (Heller wins). Certainly there can be upsets but that is how I currently see it.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #11
grean
Valued Poster

Your autocorrect is dying....
grean is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #12
oilfieldace
BANNED

Yet the Dems are talking about doing that Kavanagh. What Ginsberg a sitting judge said was disgusting. As a judge you have right to your opinion, what you don't have is the right to blabber it.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #13
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I firmly believe they will gain seats in the Senate. The house not so positive. It won't be the blood letting that occurred in 2010 and 2014. Now I see people on here saying if they lose that is referendum on Trumps policies? Using that analogy the expletive hated obamas polices yet he got reflected in 2012. It all depends on how many dead people and illegal aliens show up to vote.

Mid-term elections are always a referendum on the sitting POTUS.

"It all depends on how many dead people and illegal aliens show up to vote."

Making excuses already?
Old 10-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #14
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. Vote, volunteer, influence politely.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #15
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Not really. Many of the Senate races are foregone conclusions. There are only a handful that are predicted to be contested.

In my opinion, the race in Nevada between Heller (R) and Rosen (D) which currently is a dead heat, will determine whether or not the 51-49 Republican majority stays the same (Rosen wins) or Republicans pick up an additional seat (Heller wins). Certainly there can be upsets but that is how I currently see it.

You might be right.

This election is going to be different. Young voters on both sides seem more energized than in previous elections.

Older voters may be fed up just enough with the status quo to either one, vote out the Republicans who chose to pass an irresponsible spending bill or two, refrain from voting if they cannot bring them selves to vote blue.

Likewise, many Democrat voters may do the same because of the behavior of the Democratic reps and senators.
grean is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women