Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
agrarian
Gaining Momentum

Default Words Matter

It’s been awhile since I poked around here. The level of conversation hasn’t changed. Lots of wisecracks and accusations. I was especially interested in reading what has been posted about the pandemic, the COVID-19 situation. I am closely following this situation, for my work, and I monitor federal and state activities and the president’s briefings, as well. I am pleased the president includes skilled scientists and public health leaders/servants on his team. Early on, the president attempted to dismiss or diminish the threat of the pandemic (possibly an endemic, by the way). You may recall he stated that it would be better if a ship carrying coronavirus cases did not port in California, as this would cause the number of cases in the U.S. to suddenly grow. Trump’s supporters and Trump himself continually refer to his closing travel from China as an indication he was concerned and in charge. Little was made of the fact that in 2018 he disbanded a pandemic preparedness group started some years earlier. But other posters on this board have discussed this and other worrisome activities and statements. I took a little chunk of time to review posts by Trump loyalists about the pandemic. It’s not surprising that their tone and information reflects taking their cue from their leader. When Trump and others tried to downplay the threat, posters on this board did the same. When Trump got serious, so did the posters.

Note: If you want to quickly learn about the banality as well as some of the shallow humor of some of these one-dimensional Trump loyalists, read and examine their posts about the coronavirus included in the March 3rd thread started by dilbert firestorm, titled corona, corona... where's my corona??? It’s juvenile shit, for sure. But revealing.

Here’s a small collection of embarrassing mumbo jumbo, excerpted verbatim, with the poster’s name cited before each excerpt, and the date of the comment noted in parenthesis.

Levianon17 (3-12)
Without getting into a debate or long discussion the more they politicize this Virus the less I worry about it. Just last night I heard the actor Tom Hanks tested positive for Covid-19. Of course there is such a thing as a Corona virus and this particular strain probably does exist. Many of us probably have had a Corona Virus at one time in our lives and probably figured it was the Flu or a bad cold. The symptoms are similar and can range from mild to severe. The panic is generated unnecessarily and Tom Hanks is a celebrity that is going to help them do it whether he has a Corona Virus or not.

gnadfly (3-13)
Yeah, I'm looking at recent pics of Hanx! and his wife and they look years away from dying.
Wondering if in the rush to get out these tests that we aren't seeing a lot of false positives. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A CURE YET?!?!2? TRUMP!

The Waco Kid (3-7)
if president's don't have any effect on people's well being why do we elect one?

dilbert firestorm (3-6) – titled a thread:
covid 19 in usa an obama plot!

oeb11 (3-6)
We don't panic over influenza - and coronavirus 19 is likely not the "end of the World"!

dilbert firstorm (3-3)
BREAKING NEWS: Eminem has just become the first celebrity to be diagnosed with Coronavirus.. In a statement released by doctors, it has been revealed that his palms were sweaty, knees weak and arms were heavy.. He presented with vomit on his sweater already.. Initial testing has revealed it was mums spaghetti

Lexuslover (3—1)
Getta friggin' flu shot and quit breathing on people.

bambino (2-29)
The risk the coronavirus is still low in this country.

bb 1961 (2-29)
I wonder how many this virus will kill in 9 years....THIS SHIT ISN'T EVEN A CRISIS IN AMERICA...other than the one manufactured by the LSM...you say something about IGNORANCE?? Just like the war that we were going to have with Iran...your fuckers with the sky is falling shit!!

gnadfly (2-27)
So I ask again, primarily to the pro-government types...What specifically should the govt be doing about the Corona Virus?

rexdutchman (2-26)
Media hysteria, and ignorance at work

gnadfly (2-26)
So what should President Trump be doing about it?

oeb 11 (2-26)
The at risk folks are the elderly, the very young, and those with underlying medical disorders - Those are at higher risk of death of Corona virus. Bothers not the Fascist DPST's at al - they are fine with a few hundred thousand deaths and economic decline - if they can get Bernie in Office to finish the job.

Levianon17 (2-26)
If I die it certainly won't be from some chicken shit virus they made in a petri Dish in a Lab in Wuhan China, lol.

I don’t expect the posters cited to flinch, because shamelessness is a new social value, thanks in part to a President who refuses to apologize or backtrack, irrespective of how baseless or flawed his statements or judgment. Trump says whatever he wants with a convincing tone and a straight face, even if it is misleading or flat-out wrong. Those who point out his lies are ridiculed by Trump and his loyalists. Trump can’t have it both ways. He screwed up his response to this pandemic in the early stages, and he is proceeding now as if he has been heroic and on top of this from the start. Insiders know different. We’re not rooting for him to fail, there’s too much at stake. But why can’t he settle into a style of leadership regarding this serious matter that includes less propaganda and less political grandstanding? Instead, he points fingers. He whines. He deflects responsibility. The posts by Trump loyalists on this board reflect the president’s attitude.
agrarian is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:56 PM   #2
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #3
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Give me an example of what Trump could have done different to reduce the incident rates and death rates in America? You didn't critique any Liberal posters post. It appears your thread is one sided.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrarian View Post
It’s been awhile since I poked around here. The level of conversation hasn’t changed. Lots of wisecracks and accusations. I was especially interested in reading what has been posted about the pandemic, the COVID-19 situation. I am closely following this situation, for my work, and I monitor federal and state activities and the president’s briefings, as well. I am pleased the president includes skilled scientists and public health leaders/servants on his team. Early on, the president attempted to dismiss or diminish the threat of the pandemic (possibly an endemic, by the way). You may recall he stated that it would be better if a ship carrying coronavirus cases did not port in California, as this would cause the number of cases in the U.S. to suddenly grow. Trump’s supporters and Trump himself continually refer to his closing travel from China as an indication he was concerned and in charge. Little was made of the fact that in 2018 he disbanded a pandemic preparedness group started some years earlier. But other posters on this board have discussed this and other worrisome activities and statements. I took a little chunk of time to review posts by Trump loyalists about the pandemic. It’s not surprising that their tone and information reflects taking their cue from their leader. When Trump and others tried to downplay the threat, posters on this board did the same. When Trump got serious, so did the posters.

Note: If you want to quickly learn about the banality as well as some of the shallow humor of some of these one-dimensional Trump loyalists, read and examine their posts about the coronavirus included in the March 3rd thread started by dilbert firestorm, titled corona, corona... where's my corona??? It’s juvenile shit, for sure. But revealing.

Here’s a small collection of embarrassing mumbo jumbo, excerpted verbatim, with the poster’s name cited before each excerpt, and the date of the comment noted in parenthesis.

Levianon17 (3-12)
Without getting into a debate or long discussion the more they politicize this Virus the less I worry about it. Just last night I heard the actor Tom Hanks tested positive for Covid-19. Of course there is such a thing as a Corona virus and this particular strain probably does exist. Many of us probably have had a Corona Virus at one time in our lives and probably figured it was the Flu or a bad cold. The symptoms are similar and can range from mild to severe. The panic is generated unnecessarily and Tom Hanks is a celebrity that is going to help them do it whether he has a Corona Virus or not.

gnadfly (3-13)
Yeah, I'm looking at recent pics of Hanx! and his wife and they look years away from dying.
Wondering if in the rush to get out these tests that we aren't seeing a lot of false positives. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A CURE YET?!?!2? TRUMP!

The Waco Kid (3-7)
if president's don't have any effect on people's well being why do we elect one?

oeb11 (3-6)
We don't panic over influenza - and coronavirus 19 is likely not the "end of the World"!

dilbert firstorm (3-3)
BREAKING NEWS: Eminem has just become the first celebrity to be diagnosed with Coronavirus.. In a statement released by doctors, it has been revealed that his palms were sweaty, knees weak and arms were heavy.. He presented with vomit on his sweater already.. Initial testing has revealed it was mums spaghetti

Lexuslover (3—1)
Getta friggin' flu shot and quit breathing on people.

bambino (2-29)
The risk the coronavirus is still low in this country.

bb 1961 (2-29)
I wonder how many this virus will kill in 9 years....THIS SHIT ISN'T EVEN A CRISIS IN AMERICA...other than the one manufactured by the LSM...you say something about IGNORANCE?? Just like the war that we were going to have with Iran...your fuckers with the sky is falling shit!!

gnadfly (2-27)
So I ask again, primarily to the pro-government types...What specifically should the govt be doing about the Corona Virus?

rexdutchman (2-26)
Media hysteria, and ignorance at work

gnadfly (2-26)
So what should President Trump be doing about it?

oeb 11 (2-26)
The at risk folks are the elderly, the very young, and those with underlying medical disorders - Those are at higher risk of death of Corona virus. Bothers not the Fascist DPST's at al - they are fine with a few hundred thousand deaths and economic decline - if they can get Bernie in Office to finish the job.

Levianon17 (2-26)
If I die it certainly won't be from some chicken shit virus they made in a petri Dish in a Lab in Wuhan China, lol.

I don’t expect the posters cited to flinch, because shamelessness is a new social value, thanks in part to a President who refuses to apologize or backtrack, irrespective of how baseless or flawed his statements or judgment. Trump says whatever he wants with a convincing tone and a straight face, even if it is misleading or flat-out wrong. Those who point out his lies are ridiculed by Trump and his loyalists. Trump can’t have it both ways. He screwed up his response to this pandemic in the early stages, and he is proceeding now as if he has been heroic and on top of this from the start. Insiders know different. We’re not rooting for him to fail, there’s too much at stake. But why can’t he settle into a style of leadership regarding this serious matter that includes less propaganda and less political grandstanding? Instead, he points fingers. He whines. He deflects responsibility. The posts by Trump loyalists on this board reflect the president’s attitude.

do you expect yourself to even post a reply? to any post you cited? Nah. you are just another far leftist Trump hater coming in to the Political forum sensing an opportunity to blame Evil Lord Trump.

counter my post with a reply rather than a rant. see if yous can make an argument. or just a rant.

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:53 PM   #5
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
But why can’t he settle into a style of leadership regarding this serious matter that includes less propaganda and less political grandstanding? Instead, he points fingers. He whines. He deflects responsibility.
Because he rose up from near bankruptcy and became wealthy through relentless self promotion. He believes that if he admits he's wrong it's a sign of weakness. It's hard for the tiger to change his stripes and become "Presidential." And that's hurting his chances at re-election.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:04 PM   #6
HoeHummer
BANNED

The Trumpholians are patriotics, and would never speak out against alternatives facts.

Even if the story’s is never alike each time you hears it.

HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:23 AM   #7
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoeHummer View Post

Stop posting about comments on yous resume no one's going to look at it ASSWIPE.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #8
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:

I am flattered that you included me in your "critique" of political posts. as one one reader pointed it, it was pretty one-sided. giving the left side a pass??? really....

some explanation is order below.

Quote:
you're absolutely right it was juvenile shit.

it was meant to be fucking funny!!! if you didn't laugh your ass off on those corona image memes, somethings fucking wrong with you.

Quote:
[SNIP]

Quote:
This was a joke. what part did you not get?

[SNIP]

Quote:
dilbert firstorm (3-3)
jesus... don't you recognize satire????

[SNIP]

its no wonder that clueless people like you hate trump cause he won't apologize or grovel at your feet.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:55 AM   #9
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The only thing more contagious that the Corona Virus is TDS.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:07 AM   #10
oeb11
Valued Poster

Taking isolated quotes - out of context - from past posts - based on preliminary information - adds nothing cogent or constructive to the debate.

it is sad to see some so unable to comprehend satire, and view it properly in its' context.

In other words, A - and to use your technique - When Trump closed the China border 10 days after the first Wuhan virus case was reported in the US - the DPST's leadership were screaming - "racism, hysteria, and xenophobia " - well documented. had the US followed their advice - to not take the virus seriously - as did DeBlasio and Cuomo in NY, new Orleans in Mardi Gras, and other liberal bastions - how much worse would have been the spread and the toll on the US population - The answer is unknowable and uncalculable - but very likely severe.

A is just playing a blame game based on retrospective quotes out of context.

A - what do have to contribute to the education of the Forum, or suggestions for constructively dealing with the Wuhan virus in America and the world????
Enquiring minds would like to know.
Frankly - i expect to not hear from U again.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:12 AM   #11
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

the biggest problem I see with this thread is the op

1. begins as if an observer but soon reveals partisanship
2. posts other's posts without the context of either the interaction from others in the applicable thread or other mitigating, exculpatory or prescient statements posted by his chosen victims and without the context of the general knowledge or awareness in the public domain at the time
3. in any case has the advantage of hindsight

an artifice to be sure
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:14 AM   #12
oeb11
Valued Poster

It is written: "The retrospectoscope is always 20/20"!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:18 AM   #13
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Frankly - i expect to not hear from U again.
That was my thought as well. It was a hit and run piece to "selectively" try to discredit certain posters and totally ignore the bile and hatred spewed by many of the lefty's on here.

To not call out their outright fabrications, lies, and just utter hatred of Trump makes this post pretty much a non-starter.

I doubt he'll come back to support it.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:24 AM   #14
agrarian
Gaining Momentum

A slow-motion, steadily advancing disaster such as this one reveals a leader’s deliberative thoughtfulness. It also reveals one’s instincts, and one’s compulsions. Pay attention to someone’s early reactions, as they expose a great deal. Our president has committed critical errors in his response, especially early on. He continues to stumble, such as imploring the country to get back to work too early. He needs to hear from his supporters when he stumbles. He will not listen to Democrats. Instead, too many of his supporters rally to his defense, despite the mistakes. No political party has a monopoly on foolishness, that’s for sure. Inserting tax benefits for solar energy in the relief package was nonsense and irresponsible. This type of challenge –dealing with a deadly and disruptive pandemic- should also produce greater humility. For all of our clever accomplishments we are reminded, again, that there are forces bigger than each of us, and that to combat this level of challenge requires collaboration and cooperation, instead of divisiveness. To halt this divisiveness requires recognizing it, and calling it out. That’s not being divisive; that’s encouraging those who practice divisiveness to stop. Maintaining a sense of humor is useful, but it should be tempered by one’s humanity. In the wrong quantities, and with inappropriate tone, humor can be counterproductive. I prefer a more serious and thoughtful perspective in matters such as this. I suggest imagining yourself as an emergency room physician or nurse to grasp the type of humor that should accompany discussion of this pandemic. On this board, there are plenty of irreverent wisecrackers who react with cocksure, kneejerk considerations. Those types should be disregarded. When it comes to COVID-19, serious, honest, intellectually-hungry and wise people will win the day.
agrarian is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:29 AM   #15
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

people view the world and its events through the lens of their own indoctrination - and blissfully blind to that indoctrination they are

and everyone has an opinion, incorrect though it might be

parts of your post are remindful of Pelosi prayers for the president, prayers likely only full of entreats that he would just listen to her
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women