Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70381
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47427
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 03-29-2020, 06:12 AM   #31
playerplano
Premium Access

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivago52 View Post
A serious form of flu with media driven hysteria in an election year. Several tested and proven cures (other countries) but Democrat governors here are banning use. Fauxi dragging his feet; must still go thru trials (that have already been done in other countries). Trials start some locations last week of March.

Some perspective - 40,000 US deaths seasonal flu 2017. 25,000+ 2019. 61 million US H1N1 infections and tens of thousands dead. Over 1,000 dead before Obama did anything.
It’s not Flu and it’s dangerous to even refer to Covid as such. There are zero proven drugs or treatments any where in the world. Anecdotal reports and ridiculously small test groups are not proof. No one is immune and eventually almost every one will get it. The best hope is a vaccine but the timeframe is long maybe a year if they get one faster than has ever been done. One thing that has been proven is universal masking and social distancing. Many drugs meant for other diseases are being tested and there is hope for extracting antibodies from recovered patients.

One issue is comparing Covid to Flu , they are not the same. Also people tend to count the wrong patients. We can’t think about who will live but rather who will die. If 20% need hospitalization the system can’t support that number of patients. Also all the regular things that need hospitalization won’t be treated so people will die not from virus but all the other things we usually can survive.

One place I see an issue is we should be testing everyone and quarantine anyone positive to prevent transmissions. The 2nd generation testing that gives results in minutes and don’t require a lab are approved and will be available soon.

Stay home , wash your hands , be as healthy as possible. If you smoke stop , start exercising, take vitamins, eat real whole healthy foods and protect the elderly and at risk ( already sick ) patients from the careless younger people.
playerplano is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:22 AM   #32
playerplano
Premium Access

Quote:
A serious form of flu with media driven hysteria in an election year. Several tested and proven cures (other countries) but Democrat governors here are banning use. Fauxi dragging his feet; must still go thru trials (that have already been done in other countries). Trials start some locations last week of March.

Some perspective - 40,000 US deaths seasonal flu 2017. 25,000+ 2019. 61 million US H1N1 infections and tens of thousands dead. Over 1,000 dead before Obama did anything.
It’s not Flu and it’s dangerous to even refer to Covid as such. There are zero proven drugs or treatments any where in the world. Anecdotal reports and ridiculously small test groups are not proof. No one is immune and eventually almost every one will get it. The best hope is a vaccine but the timeframe is long maybe a year if they get one faster than has ever been done. One thing that has been proven is universal masking and social distancing. Many drugs meant for other diseases are being tested and there is hope for extracting antibodies from recovered patients.

One issue is comparing Covid to Flu , they are not the same. Also people tend to count the wrong patients. We can’t think about who will live but rather who will die. If 20% need hospitalization the system can’t support that number of patients. Also all the regular things that need hospitalization won’t be treated so people will die not from virus but all the other things we usually can survive.

One place I see an issue is we should be testing everyone and quarantine anyone positive to prevent transmissions. The 2nd generation testing that gives results in minutes and don’t require a lab are approved and will be available soon.

Stay home , wash your hands , be as healthy as possible. If you smoke stop , start exercising, take vitamins, eat real whole healthy foods and protect the elderly and at risk ( already sick ) patients from the careless younger people.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:29 AM   #33
playerplano
Premium Access

Quote:

Old 04-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #34
BlisswithKriss
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Hackenbush View Post
Let me say up front this is not about trump or fake news. My question is more about irresponsible reporting. Do you feel the media is the cause of a lot of the panic. Do we need to be cautious, yes. But come on saying people are dying followed by the same file photos from Washington state. My point, is it factual report,or yelling fire in a crowded theatre. Yesterday they reported healthcare providers testing positive for virus, sad but remember they are on the front line. Stop going for ratings.
You could say the same thing about Trump...you’re blind and stupid if you can’t see that Trump is bragging about his ratings. Attachment 871783
But not over dead bodies
BTW why ask a stupid question when you’re dealing with white trailer trash who only tune into Reich wing garbage, lies and Gobbledgook....trump sheep inc
BlisswithKriss is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #35
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Which hospital(s) in NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirgenerous View Post
As of today March26 New York hospitals are overrun with Covid 19 patients and deaths...
Held off asking until the thread was moved. Were you referring to the hospital(s) as reported by CBS News, who later hard to retract the video they had accidentally posted of an Italian hospital by any chance?
CBS Caught Using Fake COVID Footage to Whip Up Hysteria: ‘NY Hospital’ Video Was Actually In Italy

https://newspunch.com/cbs-caught-usi...ctually-italy/
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #36
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default What would you do (WWYD)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerplano View Post
It’s not Flu and it’s dangerous to even refer to Covid as such. There are zero proven drugs or treatments any where in the world. Anecdotal reports and ridiculously small test groups are not proof.
Well.. I wonder - what would a Doctor today, advise you to do if you were an otherwise healthy person, i.e. no underlying conditions, presenting with flu-like symptom. My guess is they might test you for Covid. I wonder what they would then advise you to do if you tested positive. Would it be different to the previous scenario?

Anyone tried that at home or asked a Doctor? Let's compare notes.

Speaking of unproven drugs or treatments: I wonder about "the choice". What would you do if you are diagnosed with the Chinese virus and had one of the underlying condition which, have been much discussed, and the Doctor said you had to go into the hospital? While there, you are on a ventilator (lucky dog). Then the Doctors says you may not pull through. In a nutshell, you will die in 5 days, however there is this 'anecdotal' treatment.

Then the Doctor presents you with "the choice":
  • Try the anecdotal treatment, with a very high rate of success so far and coincidentally, needs 3-5 days to do what it does
  • Wait for the full clinical trails to complete in a few months
Seems like a no-brainer to me. Obviously, the best choice is to do all you can to avoid contracting the Chinese virus in the first place. Follow the guide lines out there, check with a Doctor if you have questions and for the love of all things holy in this world - don't go posting tone deaf, self aggrandizing, elitist type videos of how hard is to be you and alone.

May I presume I am under no obligation to post this three times in a row? Thank you.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #37
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default When you're right, you're right. Collect your participation ribbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
...I may be "Country Dumb" but I don't recall any of the worst Flu seasons resembling this...
Started strong out of the gate. Did you happen have that fatal underlying condition (morbidity) known loosely as "Stage-5 TDS" in those many flu seasons gone by?
Old 04-03-2020, 06:53 AM   #38
playerplano
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Well.. I wonder - what would a Doctor today, advise you to do if you were an otherwise healthy person, i.e. no underlying conditions, presenting with flu-like symptom. My guess is they might test you for Covid. I wonder what they would then advise you to do if you tested positive. Would it be different to the previous scenario?

Anyone tried that at home or asked a Doctor? Let's compare notes.

Speaking of unproven drugs or treatments: I wonder about "the choice". What would you do if you are diagnosed with the Chinese virus and had one of the underlying condition which, have been much discussed, and the Doctor said you had to go into the hospital? While there, you are on a ventilator (lucky dog). Then the Doctors says you may not pull through. In a nutshell, you will die in 5 days, however there is this 'anecdotal' treatment.

Then the Doctor presents you with "the choice":
  • Try the anecdotal treatment, with a very high rate of success so far and coincidentally, needs 3-5 days to do what it does
  • Wait for the full clinical trails to complete in a few months
Seems like a no-brainer to me. Obviously, the best choice is to do all you can to avoid contracting the Chinese virus in the first place. Follow the guide lines out there, check with a Doctor if you have questions and for the love of all things holy in this world - don't go posting tone deaf, self aggrandizing, elitist type videos of how hard is to be you and alone.

May I presume I am under no obligation to post this three times in a row? Thank you.
LOL stupid software was locking up so I couldn’t see it posted 3 times and you aren’t under any obligations to do anything!

Of course if I’m dying I’ll take whatever I can get. Though I’m curious what numbers you believe equals high rate of success ? The point was there isn’t a PROVEN treatment. I’m concerned people who downplay the issue are unlikely to practice the other social distancing processes.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #39
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Hope is still good. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerplano View Post
...I’m curious what numbers you believe equals high rate of success ? The point was there isn’t a PROVEN treatment. I’m concerned people who downplay the issue are unlikely to practice the other social distancing processes.
High rate of success? It's as much of a low rate of non-success that I am seeing. There are several studies under way and all show good, none show bad, results. It is not the be all end all. But faced with a choice...
Anyway, I posted the preliminary numbers from NYC Health here:
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1062012303

It also indicates by age group and whether they knew about underlying conditions (morbidity). There are similar studies going on elsewhere. This combo is NOT the only game in town either. There are other therapies being investigated that show promise. But in all cases that data is literally changing by the day. One other point, this particular combo was identified at least as early as 2002/2005 time frame, but did not undergo extensive testing, i.e. clinical trials.

Do the math dance? IMHO, only thing we can realistically compare is Population Total vs. Death by Corona Virus. Even that is a challenge as we are learning that you can have the Chinese virus in you, but it may not be doing anything and may not have caused you to develop anything, yet you are still dead. So, we have to settle with the formula above - like it or not, for now.

Next data challenge. What is normal, i.e. without the Chinese bug, i.e in years gone by, how many people died of other flu-like bug-a-boos? Then compare to now - given the "issue" with the calculations mentioned above. I found a chart from Italy, that attempts to do just that. It's both good and bad. Good, it shows mortality rates across multiple years for people 65+ years old, by flu season. Bad, it's a chunky-monkey to absorb. X-axis is years by month of the year. Unfortunately, they did not label the name/type of each flu season or the year.

I eagerly await something similar, with better labeling, from 'our guys' for US data. Have not seen it yet. The moral of the story is, be safe, do all the sensible things to avoid...yadda, yadda, yadda. But also, keep your eye on the prize. Separate fact from fiction, hope from hype, and politics from science. This is a war against a Chinese bug and winning is the only option. United front and all of that schtuff. Don't get me wrong, if ya wanna dig your dinker in the political mud, I'm battled hardened there too - juss sayn.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #40
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

The best way to separate fact from fiction and hype is to not listen to anything this guy has to say.
He's a bullshit artist,same as Chump.
The reality is there is now a field hospital in Central Park and this guy is still trying to equate Covid to regular flu plus now he is dispensing medical advice as to there being a cure for it.
His analysis and thoughts do not align with that of any Credentialed individual Qualified to have a Valid opinion.
Personally I get alot of laughs out of him,but I think he actually takes himself seriously,which makes it even funnier.
sportfisherman is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:41 PM   #41
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
The best way to separate fact from fiction and hype is to not listen to anything this guy has to say.
He's a bullshit artist,same as Chump.
The reality is there is now a field hospital in Central Park and this guy is still trying to equate Covid to regular flu plus now he is dispensing medical advice as to there being a cure for it.
His analysis and thoughts do not align with that of any Credentialed individual Qualified to have a Valid opinion.
Personally I get alot of laughs out of him,but I think he actually takes himself seriously,which makes it even funnier.
Yeah. I like how he linked the source of the chart. And to think on another thread I posted a video where the creator of video poignantly demonstrated how to lie is easy and to put out the truth is hard. ellen and him always veer to the easy path.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:48 PM   #42
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Yeah. I like how he didn't supply a link to the source of the graph. And to think on another thread I posted a video that the person showed how easy it is to lie and how labour intensive it is to post the truth. ellen and why always veer to the easy path without regard. Guess they don't like the effort to put out the truth.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:35 AM   #43
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default The journey of a thousand years begins with the desire to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Yeah. I like how he linked the source of the chart....
The chart had a label from where the data came from. Is English-ishy hard for you? I'm not your birth parent waiting to wipe the pooh off of your nose. But I am merciful. You can find that chart and many, many more in the Primo Raporto located at: http://www.epiprev.it/andamento-dell...ia-di-covid-19

See? Am I not merciful?!? Comprendere buco del culo?
Old 04-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #44
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Hey Bullshit Artist ! You and your charts don't cut it here. You come off as a Joke !! Beyond lame attempts to continue to defend the undefensible.

Chump is a Draft Dodger from the Viet Nam war.He only thought of himself then.
Chump has been hesitant and indecisive. He only thought of himself and his political future this time as well.
Chump chose to dismiss and downplay the magnitude of this.That was probably the worse thing he did.People took their lead from him to our detriment.
sportfisherman is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:21 PM   #45
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
The chart had a label from where the data came from. Is English-ishy hard for you? I'm not your birth parent waiting to wipe the pooh off of your nose. But I am merciful. You can find that chart and many, many more in the Primo Raporto located at: http://www.epiprev.it/andamento-dell...ia-di-covid-19

See? Am I not merciful?!? Comprendere buco del culo?
What was so hard about that? Guess so. I don't see the link to the chart.
I think somebody wants a compliment.
But coming from someone that has demonstrated their lack of "English-ishy", I find it very hard to believe tu capisci l'italiano.
And I never claimed to speak English. I have always stated i've been second rate at American. So, it must really chap you when your errors are pointed out.

And seeing that the Ten Commandments are on the TV, I find it very haughty of you to think you liken yourself to a god by thinking you have the power of granting mercy. Trying to project faux power like fearless leader?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women