Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37051
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-26-2019, 09:07 AM   #8476
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Jacoby Brissette takes over for Indy. They went 4-12 with him in 2017.
The Texans should win the division by default. A lot can happen in 18 or so weeks. The defense should be pretty tough. The offense has to be more dynamic or they'll finish this season as embarrassing as they did last season.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #8477
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
The Texans should win the division by default. A lot can happen in 18 or so weeks. The defense should be pretty tough. The offense has to be more dynamic or they'll finish this season as embarrassing as they've done every season.
Fixed that for ya.

Speaking of Andrew Luck, what are the Vegas odds of the Texans breaking Deshaun just as bad?
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #8478
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Johnson isn't an every down back. That's what they need....

Marshawn Lynch and LeGarrette Blount are the top two UFA's available this morning as ranked by Fantasy Football Today.

Ajayi is the most likely IMO.

This is where having an interim GM really hinders the Texans. He doesn't have any clout or the ability to build lasting rapport. They're a blind hog looking for an acorn.
There are about 5 cowbell backs in the league, every other team is RBBC for different reasons. All three RBs you mention are done. Ajayi tore his ACL last year. My understanding is one of the three RBs competing for a job in BUF who gets cut has the most meat on the bone.

Quote:
Jacoby Brissette takes over for Indy. They went 4-12 with him in 2017.
The Texans should win the division by default. A lot can happen in 18 or so weeks. The defense should be pretty tough. The offense has to be more dynamic or they'll finish this season as embarrassing as they did last season.
Brissette would look like a godsend if Watson goes down. Didn't Watson go down from a phantom hit in practice one year?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #8479
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
There are about 5 cowbell backs in the league, every other team is RBBC for different reasons. All three RBs you mention are done. Ajayi tore his ACL last year. My understanding is one of the three RBs competing for a job in BUF who gets cut has the most meat on the bone.

Brissette would look like a godsend if Watson goes down. Didn't Watson go down from a phantom hit in practice one year?

None of the RBs I mentioned are going to be carrying the ball every down. Well, unless by some miracle, they got Gordon. They're going to go have to get someone. The other backs on the current roster are not NFL material. They're practice squad guys. I'm not opposed to seeing who hits the waiver wire this week but time is running short and they need to be proactive. This also highlights the limitations of an interim GM.

The three backs at Buffalo are Frank Gore, Devin Singletary and TJ Yeldon.
I'd rather have Blount or Lynch over Gore. Yeldon and Singletary have the most upside for the Bills. We can only hope it's one of them that gets cut. Preferably Yeldon.

If' it's gonna be running back by committee I wouldn't mind having Blount here to play some downs. Like I said, he should know the scheme and backfield protections.

I mentioned that Ajayi had an ACL but that doesn't mean the end of a career anymore. It was early in the season last year so if he's done his rehab work he should be serviceable, (also on the committee). Whether he's "done" is up to him.

If Watson goes down we're fucked anyway. McCarron supposedly had a good grip on the offense but being able to run it at full speed has yet to be seen.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #8480
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

If the Texans are really interested in dealing Clowney, why not make a deal with Dallas?

Since Jones seems intent on burning the bridge with Zeke (even-though Zeke wants to be a Cowboy for life) , swapping contracts would not cost the Texans that much more to do what Elliott wants, be the highest paid RB in the NFL. I'm sure he and Watson could become as good friends as he and Dak are.
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #8481
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
None of the RBs I mentioned are going to be carrying the ball every down. Well, unless by some miracle, they got Gordon. They're going to go have to get someone. The other backs on the current roster are not NFL material. They're practice squad guys. I'm not opposed to seeing who hits the waiver wire this week but time is running short and they need to be proactive. This also highlights the limitations of an interim GM.

The three backs at Buffalo are Frank Gore, Devin Singletary and TJ Yeldon.
I'd rather have Blount or Lynch over Gore. Yeldon and Singletary have the most upside for the Bills. We can only hope it's one of them that gets cut. Preferably Yeldon.

If' it's gonna be running back by committee I wouldn't mind having Blount here to play some downs. Like I said, he should know the scheme and backfield protections.
I'd rather have someone who was in camp and was in condition. I've had Blount on my fantasy roster. He may have some gas left. Can he pass a drug test?
Quote:
I mentioned that Ajayi had an ACL but that doesn't mean the end of a career anymore. It was early in the season last year so if he's done his rehab work he should be serviceable, (also on the committee). Whether he's "done" is up to him.
I don't see Ajayi on any of my fantasy draft sheets, even keeper leagues. I see he was cleared last month by some doctor. I doubt he was cleared by the Texans' doctor. He's had some interest but I don't see any try outs or reports on his conditioning.

Is an ACL the death sentence it used to be? No, but it takes at least a year to recoup. We need help NOW. Signing someone who needs to get up to speed physically and mentally doesn't make sense.

Whether he's "done" is up to the NFL. There are countless guys sitting at home who think they can still play who aren't getting called.

But don't take my word for it, take the word of an organization who consistently overpays for FA talent that doesn't pan out.

Quote:
If Watson goes down we're fucked anyway. McCarron supposedly had a good grip on the offense but being able to run it at full speed has yet to be seen.
That's the organization's and GMs fault. We should of had a serviceable backup QB at the beginning of camp. We should of had a serviceable backup RB before we got rid of Blue and Foreman. BTW, Foreman is out for year, torn bicep.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #8482
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
I'd rather have someone who was in camp and was in condition. I've had Blount on my fantasy roster. He may have some gas left. Can he pass a drug test?
I don't see Ajayi on any of my fantasy draft sheets, even keeper leagues. I see he was cleared last month by some doctor. I doubt he was cleared by the Texans' doctor. He's had some interest but I don't see any try outs or reports on his conditioning.

Is an ACL the death sentence it used to be? No, but it takes at least a year to recoup. We need help NOW. Signing someone who needs to get up to speed physically and mentally doesn't make sense.

Whether he's "done" is up to the NFL. There are countless guys sitting at home who think they can still play who aren't getting called.

But don't take my word for it, take the word of an organization who consistently overpays for FA talent that doesn't pan out.

That's the organization's and GMs fault. We should of had a serviceable backup QB at the beginning of camp. We should of had a serviceable backup RB before we got rid of Blue and Foreman. BTW, Foreman is out for year, torn bicep.

Well hell, they've got 5 other guys at RB who have been in camp so any one of them should be able to step up. They're in camp shape so next man up, right?

Any of these veterans who are expecting to land a position are keeping themselves in top physical shape so I'm not worried about any of them coming into camp out of shape. They wouldn't get through the workout. That's why they hold a workout. The advantage of Blount is knowing the system and blocking. I have no idea if he can pass a drug test. It takes all of about 20 minutes to find out.

I think I mentioned that Lynch, Blount and Ajayi were the top three RB on FF Today's list of remaining available RB's. That's why I chose them. That's all. Just offering up the options for discussion. There may be better options. I don't think Frank Gore is a better option. Might as well give Cullen those carries.

Firing an established GM a couple of months before camp began and appointing an interim GM was a huge mistake IMO. Those guys have established relationships with other GMs and even managers. They can make phone calls and get information. Brian Gaine would know if Blount or Ajayi are viable options. I guarantee you that Chris Olsen doesn't have those kinds of relationships. So yeah, they're flying blind.

I wonder if Olsen has made a call to the Cowboys or Chargers. I don't really think trading one prima donna holdout for another makes sense but who knows. I think you at least kick the tires. A trade doesn't necessarily have to be Clowney for Gordon or Zeke either. They could move Clowney elsewhere. The Bill and the Eagles are interested. That frees up 16 million in Cap space to make a decent offer to either of those RBs. Zeke wants to be the highest paid back in the NFL. Gordon wants at least $10 million and both, of course, want at least four years. I don't think Olsen or McNair, for that matter, has the balls to make that kind of a deal. They'd be more likely to trade Clowney for a #2 running back and a draft pick. That might be why the Bills haven't made a RB cut yet. They might be waiting for a trade offer. Would they give up Yeldon and a 2nd rd pick for Clowney? They've got $24 million in cap space so they can pay Clowney.

We had what was supposed to be a serviceable backup QB but he's out with a fucking thumb injury. He's supposed to be back for week 1. He's started in the NFL so he understands the speed of the game, he supposedly has a grasp of the complex offense. What we don't know is if he can run this offense at full speed with mental acuity. He'll most likely be the backup and Webb will be on a practice squad somewhere.

The thing that is most confusing to me is the lack of emotion that BoB has shown over all of these problems. It's like just another day at the office. I really don't know what to make of it and I'm not sure what I expect from him. I guess just something other than "Oh well". I also don't understand why BoB played Miller when he didn't play any OL starters. He didn't put Watson in so why start Miller? But then we'd still be in the same situation as two weeks ago if Johnson had gone down. No NFL caliber RB at #2.
The Texans are projected to win 8 and sadly that might actually be enough to win the division.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:48 PM   #8483
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Well hell, they've got 5 other guys at RB who have been in camp so any one of them should be able to step up. They're in camp shape so next man up, right?
BoB agrees with you. He's reportedly "comfortable with the running back situation." Do any of these guys pop out as the next Arian Foster to you? Could Arian have success with the current line?

Quote:
Any of these veterans who are expecting to land a position are keeping themselves in top physical shape so I'm not worried about any of them coming into camp out of shape. They wouldn't get through the workout. That's why they hold a workout. The advantage of Blount is knowing the system and blocking. I have no idea if he can pass a drug test. It takes all of about 20 minutes to find out.

I think I mentioned that Lynch, Blount and Ajayi were the top three RB on FF Today's list of remaining available RB's. That's why I chose them. That's all. Just offering up the options for discussion. There may be better options. I don't think Frank Gore is a better option. Might as well give Cullen those carries.
I'm just offering those names up for discussion also. We'll see who gets cut in the coming days. But Lynch "unretired" so he could specifically play in OAK and didn't look great while there. He's done but it makes a FF writer's job easier putting his name on a list.

Quote:
Firing an established GM a couple of months before camp began and appointing an interim GM was a huge mistake IMO. Those guys have established relationships with other GMs and even managers. They can make phone calls and get information. Brian Gaine would know if Blount or Ajayi are viable options. I guarantee you that Chris Olsen doesn't have those kinds of relationships. So yeah, they're flying blind.

I wonder if Olsen has made a call to the Cowboys or Chargers. I don't really think trading one prima donna holdout for another makes sense but who knows. I think you at least kick the tires. A trade doesn't necessarily have to be Clowney for Gordon or Zeke either. They could move Clowney elsewhere. The Bill and the Eagles are interested. That frees up 16 million in Cap space to make a decent offer to either of those RBs. Zeke wants to be the highest paid back in the NFL. Gordon wants at least $10 million and both, of course, want at least four years. I don't think Olsen or McNair, for that matter, has the balls to make that kind of a deal. They'd be more likely to trade Clowney for a #2 running back and a draft pick. That might be why the Bills haven't made a RB cut yet. They might be waiting for a trade offer. Would they give up Yeldon and a 2nd rd pick for Clowney? They've got $24 million in cap space so they can pay Clowney.

We had what was supposed to be a serviceable backup QB but he's out with a fucking thumb injury. He's supposed to be back for week 1. He's started in the NFL so he understands the speed of the game, he supposedly has a grasp of the complex offense. What we don't know is if he can run this offense at full speed with mental acuity. He'll most likely be the backup and Webb will be on a practice squad somewhere.

The thing that is most confusing to me is the lack of emotion that BoB has shown over all of these problems. It's like just another day at the office. I really don't know what to make of it and I'm not sure what I expect from him. I guess just something other than "Oh well". I also don't understand why BoB played Miller when he didn't play any OL starters. He didn't put Watson in so why start Miller? But then we'd still be in the same situation as two weeks ago if Johnson had gone down. No NFL caliber RB at #2.
The Texans are projected to win 8 and sadly that might actually be enough to win the division.
You make some good points about BoB and the lack of GM but it comes down to this: Even the owner dying didn't help the situation. They need a new owner.

AJ McCarron has started 3 games in his 5 year NFL career and is a perennial "hold the clipboard" backup.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:17 PM   #8484
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
BoB agrees with you. He's reportedly "comfortable with the running back situation." Do any of these guys pop out as the next Arian Foster to you? Could Arian have success with the current line?

I'm just offering those names up for discussion also. We'll see who gets cut in the coming days. But Lynch "unretired" so he could specifically play in OAK and didn't look great while there. He's done but it makes a FF writer's job easier putting his name on a list.

You make some good points about BoB and the lack of GM but it comes down to this: Even the owner dying didn't help the situation. They need a new owner.

AJ McCarron has started 3 games in his 5 year NFL career and is a perennial "hold the clipboard" backup.

It's funny that you mention AF. I was the one taking heat for calling him a great system back, not a great back a few years ago. I was proven right in the end. No, I don't think he would have success with this line or this system if it was a better line.

Despite the fact that QB's rarely play 16 games, BU QBs tend to be clipboard holders. If they were better they'd be starting somewhere else. It's rare to have a team pushing a Montana or Favre out the door because you can't wait to get Young or Rodgers onto the field.

Just in: Clowney fired his agent this afternoon out of frustration that nothing was happening. He apparently has to wait 5 days before hiring a new manager so that shit will now drag out into next week unless he decides to sign the tender on his own and stay here. I seriously doubt any trade would go down without a manager in place so he wouldn't sign the tender unless he planned on staying. The clusterfuck continues and Cal McNair is definitely in over his head.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #8485
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Pretty good opinion piece:

https://www.battleredblog.com/2019/8...deveon-clowney
Old 08-27-2019, 07:35 PM   #8486
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Despite the fact that QB's rarely play 16 games, BU QBs tend to be clipboard holders. If they were better they'd be starting somewhere else. It's rare to have a team pushing a Montana or Favre out the door because you can't wait to get Young or Rodgers onto the field.
I'm not talking about grooming a talented QB to be eventually starter. There were decent QBs who were multiple season opening day starting QBs available to be backups. We didn't sign 'em.
Quote:
Just in: Clowney fired his agent this afternoon out of frustration that nothing was happening. He apparently has to wait 5 days before hiring a new manager so that shit will now drag out into next week unless he decides to sign the tender on his own and stay here. I seriously doubt any trade would go down without a manager in place so he wouldn't sign the tender unless he planned on staying. The clusterfuck continues and Cal McNair is definitely in over his head.
It'll continue until they get a new owner. Keeping GM Smith and Kubes and BoB for so long tells me they won't do what it takes to reach the next level. Most owners just love that they have a big toy and are invited to all the big events and can watch their franchise increase $100 million a year. I would too.

Quote:
Good article. I agree that BoB is easily replaceable. Can Clowney sit out the season like Bell did last year?
Old 08-27-2019, 09:23 PM   #8487
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Reports are that Clowney fired his agent last week which makes him eligible to sign a new agent right away. Despite not having an agent(apparently) he met with the Dolphjns today. I'm sure some hungry agent will be willing to sign him but he probably isn't going to get a Drew Rosenhaus or Tom Condon to represent him after pulling that kind of stunt if that's how it really went down.

Clowney had all the leverage. He gives it up by openly talking to other teams. He's signaled he wants out. If he signs the tender there is no guarantee he gets traded. He may not have a choice but sit out the season now.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:30 PM   #8488
suckaforlove
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

That offensive line is the worst of the worst. Ranked #31 out of 32 teams in the league. Nobody can run, pass or even punk with that fucked up offensive line!
http://thehuddle.com/2019/07/28/2019...line-rankings/
suckaforlove is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:23 AM   #8489
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Another gaff by management.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...132900451.html

But seriously, Clowney needs to get over himself. Players get shopped all the time.
He's due to get over $15 million this year(about what Watt will make) then he can play wherever the fuck he wants.

If he sits out the season he can play any fucking place he wants next year but IMO he's kind of showing his ass a little. That's not helping him. He needs to take his money and play his ass off...he'll get paid.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #8490
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Thanks for the numbers. Any idea of what Clowney is asking for?

This is what happens when you have big guaranteed money. He can ask for $100Million and ruin any team payroll. NE doesn't play that unless your last name is "Brady."

Somebody will be stupid enough to give it to him. The issue is potential injury. Can any insurance be taken out? Even if he plays he won't go 100%.

NE makes it so when good players leave, they have quality replacements. When good players leave the Texans, we're stuck with no draft choices.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women