Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default DADT fears

Now that DADT is repealed...the sky hasn't fallen.

What were you guys worried would happen? Did you think that thousands of gays with rifles would instantly 'out' themselves and start raping straight guys? LOL

Nope. Sky still hasn't fallen.

Rape will still be illegal. Sexual assault will still be illegal. Same or opposite gender; inside or outside the military. It'll be just as rare as it is now.

{looking out window} Yep...sky's still up there.

I read in another thread that some people are of the opinion that straight soldiers will just 'go along to get along' with homosexual advances. Really? People can be talked into it? I've never heard of such a thing. lol

Basically, you won't even notice the change. Same goes for the same gender marriage stuff in the future. You won't notice a big difference. The sky will still be up there.

P.S. Obama's kickin' ass in the lame duck. Word.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
vitokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

There is an 87 page document the bureaucrats put together, guidelines or process I assume. Who knows what it contains. Politicians.
vitokc is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

The same people who are screaming about how getting rid of DADT is a bad idea (Galt), would be the same people who would have been against intergrating the services back in the day. They use the same excuses:

1. Its going to cause a disruption amoung the ranks.
2. Being in close association with Negro's will cause some white boys to turn black (that ones for you Galt).
3. The men will not fight because they are not a cohesive unit.
4. They dress better....

I think you see my point..... the last I checked the military seems to have adjusted to having racial intergretion and I think it will adjust here as well.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Fsn57
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
Now that DADT is repealed...the sky hasn't fallen.
You're premature. Even though Obama signed it, the Pentagon has to transition to the new rules, so we have to wait a little longer to see if the sky will fall or not.

Personally I don't have any problem with homosexuals especially when both girls are HOT!!
Fsn57 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

No the sky has not fallen.....but I see the whole thing as a big waste of time, and a needless distraction.

Yep, this was a big victory for gay people who want other people to be able to serve openly in the military.

What about gay people who are actually serving in the military? A big victory for them? I doubt it. I don't think too many people want to be openly gay in the military. The only thing that will change for them is they will now be pressured by the gay community to come out.

I predict that a year from now, when news outlets do their 'a year later' stories on the repeal, they will be hard pressed to find even a dozen people serving in the military as openly gay. A self imposed DADT policy will be the norm.

So what has changed? A special interest group got a big victory, it has become a big distraction in the military, and gays presently in the military will be under more pressure than ever.....and, if I am correct, we will have wasted two decades of political discourse, countless pentagon studies and congressional hearings, for the benefit of a dozen or so people.

So, I generally don't care about the subject - but the utter waste of time and distraction to the military bugs me.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
Fsn57
Lifetime Premium Access

My guess is that many of the gays in the military that are not "openly gay" are already known about by their peers. No doubt there is some in the closet that hide it well, and I suspect that they will not come out of the closet with this new policy either. I imagine that there will not be a big change on the day to day operation of the military as a result of this policy.
Fsn57 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
jeyhawq88
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

What happens if and when there is a push for separate quarters or if a perceived slight, as in passed over for promotion occurs? I think that this has the potential for a logistical nightmare, but i agree that it is a much ado about nothing as most will still have the DADT mindset.
jeyhawq88 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

the thing is in the arm forces you are told how to talk walk dress when & what to eat. So what do think now some male sarge is going to say hay don't call me sir call me miss. I don't know how you can be openly gay unless your a chick. this will let people fight the fight without having to worry about losing their job.
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Openly Gay

This stuff never bothered the Spartans so it is a BFD to me.

Most of the Military units in other countries have had this for years.

Now I do take issue with the culture in Afghanistan's Pastuns where it is ok to have dancing boys and buy and sell them. No one should die for that crap.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I don't know if you caught the Obama speech today or not. It was full of lies and as for DADT he said that this was the right thing to do for our security. Imagine that, the RIGHT THING TO DO FOR OUR SECURITY. It was a social decision and not a security decision. Do you think that Obama believes the things they have him saying or does he think we're stupid.

He also mentioned his tax cuts saving each family a 1000 dollars a year. There was no tax cut, it was a continuance of an old policy. Unless, of course, he intended to take the money anyway and this is his way of saying he is not going to take it after all.

I would like to applaud Obama when he makes his first good decision.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I would also like to ask for a show of hands; how many have had prior military experience?

You talk something fierce so I would like to see who knows something about something and who is just flapping their lips.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #12
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

[quote=john_galt;863504]does he think we're stupid.
[quote]

Only when he is speaking directly to you.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

The repeal of DADT is going to cause this country to run huge budget deficits, get involved in unwinnable wars, cause a massive financial crisis with our banks, shrink the middle class and concentrate the wealth of this county in the top 1% of our citizens. All life on this planet will soon come to an end. At least according to Fred Phelps.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
vitokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Wonder if the adultry cases will be treated the same if it occurrs among gays rather than heterosexuals. That is, if it is still a violation. It was when I was in a long, long time ago.
vitokc is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #15
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitokc View Post
Wonder if the adultry cases will be treated the same if it occurrs among gays rather than heterosexuals. That is, if it is still a violation. It was when I was in a long, long time ago.
That brings up an interesting question about the military's strict sodomy laws. And, unlike bible belt states that just keep these laws on the books, the military still prosecutes people for this. I don't know if this portion of UCMJ changes, or if gays can narc each other out for sodomy, much like hetero wives do to their military spouses, when they go through a divorce. That would be a headline - Its OK to be GAY - But Don't Get Caught Having Gay Sex.

And yes, as far as I know, adultery is still a UCMJ offense.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women