Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #16
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Well, the simple answer would be if you worked for a company that has stock and it's doing good - you have more job security hence - income. It use to be just getting a job was good - now it's getting a job with benifits (401k plans,ect) is whats happening. More employee benifits and such. Which translates into folks being able to save money and if they choose - they can invest it. The Great Depression comes to my mind. After that crash - folks were out of work and couldn't feed their families. Hopefully, that won't happen again.

Voters may have other things on their minds but I guarentee you it will come down to the economy. Yes, there will be some folks who hate Trump so much they will not vote for him. However, faced with an Elizbeth Warren - they might turn into a secret Trump voter.
Again you are drawing a correlation between a company's stock price and company policy. There is none. Profits drive company policy. I worked for one of the largest corporations in the world for 45 years. Our benefits, and hiring/firing practices, were based solely on profit goals met or not met. The recent corporate tax cut gave companies the ability to raise employee salaries or give other benefits they previously did not have. Stock price is irrelevant in such decisions.

And again I only have to go back to November 2018 to point out that even with an economy that was even better then than today, Republicans lost the mid-term elections big time. You are a business person. Study Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #17
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Religious worship of Obama?
Careful CT, Michelle will get upset.
not from me.. from "y'all" you worship Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Explain that to those older Americans who look for fixed market returns and do not like to see the President keep calling for lower rates.
that's the mindset, though.. spike asset prices, and fuck Savers. Trump said negative interest rates might be a good thing. he wants the federal government to get all the saver money, so he can ramp up the deficit, and pay it back with cheap dollars.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #18
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Spare me. I didn't hear any concern from you two when interest rates fell to historical lows during all of Obama's term.

I had to put several tens of thousands into life insurance policies because the the vig wasn't paying the premium.

Concern about chipping away at old people's savings now...puhleese.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #19
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
you mean ..

income redistribution. vote loser for Democrats.

illegal immigration. vote loser for Democrats.

Gun confiscation. vote loser for Democrats.

health care. Democrats want single payer, end private insurance. vote loser for Democrats.

foreign relations. who cares? America First!
This is not my priority list. It represents what the majority of the people in this country deem to be important.

Gun control does not mean gun confiscation in the minds of most. Even Democrats.

Republicans have no answer for health care reform. At least Democrats are discussing the issue.

I travel overseas for 5-6 weeks each year. Foreign policy is very important to me.

Trump's approval rating on immigration is about 40%, lower than his overall approval rating.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #20
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Spare me. I didn't hear any concern from you two when interest rates fell to historical lows during all of Obama's term.

I had to put several tens of thousands into life insurance policies because the the vig wasn't paying the premium.

Concern about chipping away at old people's savings now...puhleese.
I was absent from this section of ECCIE, but I did squawk about it. but Obama's low rates was a market force, unwinding the Bush historic recession. Trump's are blathering imbecile driven, slamming the Fed Governor on Twitter, bitching that other countries have lower rates, suggesting that negative rates are a good thing.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #21
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
And how is the GDP doing? And the deficit? And U.S.

manufacturing?

"U.S. manufacturing dives to 10-year low as trade tensions weigh"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1WG47G

The negative impact of Trump's tariffs are hurting everyone in this country. Yes, if one chooses to focus solely on the stock markets, the country is in terrific economic shape. Explain that to the 46% of the people in this country who do not have money in the stock markets and don't give a damn about it.
And the jobs Obummer said were never coming back...they found their way home!!!
I don't like homeless jobs do you SPEED???
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #22
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Please tell me, as someone who has little to no funds in the stock markets that will produce income for me, how the growing market will positively impact me?
I guess this isn't the same SPEED that previously said...the stock market didn't effect you one way or another.
I guess that just depends on your spin that day SPEED.
If you're on that bike...start back peddling!!
Old 11-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #23
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Health care. Immigration. Foreign relations. Gun control. Income distribution.
Yeah SPEED tell us about the terrific plans the front runners of the democraps have that any sane person is going to be running to the polls to cast their ballot.
The spin of yours on this will be interesting as always
Old 11-20-2019, 06:39 AM   #24
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
I guess this isn't the same SPEED that previously said...the stock market didn't effect you one way or another.
I guess that just depends on your spin that day SPEED.
If you're on that bike...start back peddling!!
Where is the contradiction?

I said the stock market does not impact me. Then I said I have little to no funds in the stock market.

I have very little funds in the stock market that will impact my lifestyle. A few thousand dollars in a draw down account that will be at $0 in a year or two. In fact, I think that money is in a CD rather than the stock market. So the rise, or fall, in the stock market just does not impact me.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:40 AM   #25
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah SPEED tell us about the terrific plans the front runners of the democraps have that any sane person is going to be running to the polls to cast their ballot.
The spin of yours on this will be interesting as always
Tell you what. You tell me what plans you believe Republican have for those issues then I'll tell you what plans I believe Democrats have for those issues. I'm not very worried since you have shown little knowledge of understanding the issues of the political scene.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #26
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
And the jobs Obummer said were never coming back...they found their way home!!!
I don't like homeless jobs do you SPEED???
What companies that have manufacturing facilities outside the country have moved them back to the U.S.?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women