Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 03-31-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default Ivy League - the Fake Education

In the old days of the Ivy League, you had to prove you could do the work and pass the classes.

Nowadays, they customize the curriculum and everyone passes. My granddaughter goes to Brown and it is such a joke. She knows one kid who has a class all by himself on some ridiculously obscure subject. Everyone goes around telling themselves how wonderful the school is while they take easy as fuck classes any moron could pass by just showing up.

The graduation rate is 99% A total fucking moron could graduate if they show up and pay tuition. That's why the parents pay so much to get their goofball loser kids into those places because they can party every night and still graduate and become part of the elite.

Everyone is in on the game and knows what is going on but don't want to admit it and lose their Ivy League Privilege.

Fuck the Ivy League. They should triple the admissions and let people earn their grades like the kids had to do in the good old days.

Disclosure - I went to state schools. You either passed your class or you got fucking kicked out like a little [redacted].
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

its ok to cuss. no need to yourself.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
friendly fred
Valued Poster

I had to redact what I redacted.

Trust me.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

did you use Turd?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:23 AM   #5
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
did you use Turd?
No, it was a pejorative for [redacted]

The Ivy League PR machine has astoundingly convinced everyone how great they are now based upon what they used to be.

When the mafia shakes down contractors for no work jobs, they have to show up to collect checks. All you have to do is show up and you get a degree from Ivy League schools. It is a scam.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
friendly fred
Valued Poster

FYI - That was a self redaction - I did not get points for it.

So Fuck the Ivies!!
Old 04-02-2019, 07:00 AM   #7
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

First, look at the acceptance rate at the top colleges in this country:

https://qz.com/1584304/acceptances-r...class-of-2023/

Then look at the average SAT scores for those accepted at the top colleges:

https://www.compassprep.com/college-profiles-new-sat/

Then look at the HS class rankings of those accepted at the top colleges. US News and World Report ranking of colleges will have that information.

What you will find is that the top ranked colleges, where you will find the Ivy League schools, accept few students and those that they accept are the best and brightest. Certainly some students get in because someone in the family went there or they can contribute something other than grades (athletics for one). But most would get straight A's at any college in the country, assuming they applied themselves.

I am hardly the only person who feels this way. When you look at the average salaries being offered to college graduates, those graduates from the elite colleges always rank near the top of the list.

https://www.payscale.com/college-sal...port/bachelors
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #8
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Hey Fred, lighten up! Unless you're paying your grandaughter's tuition. I wouldn't dismiss her Brown education as totally worthless. It all depends on what she majors in and what SHE makes of it. If she's a smart kid she will figure out which professors are good and which ones are a waste of her time. And when she graduates she'll have a valuable network to backstop her chosen career.

But you're right - as another cynic (Woody Allen) once said "90% of life is showing up on time"...
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #9
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Hey Fred, lighten up! Unless you're paying your grandaughter's tuition. I wouldn't dismiss her Brown education as totally worthless. It all depends on what she majors in and what SHE makes of it. If she's a smart kid she will figure out which professors are good and which ones are a waste of her time. And when she graduates she'll have a valuable network to backstop her chosen career.

But you're right - as another cynic (Woody Allen) once said "90% of life is showing up on time"...
Well said.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #10
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
In the old days of the Ivy League, you had to prove you could do the work and pass the classes.

Everyone is in on the game and knows what is going on but don't want to admit it and lose their Ivy League Privilege.

Fuck the Ivy League. They should triple the admissions and let people earn their grades like the kids had to do in the good old days.
The key is getting accepted. At the top tier IVy league schools you have little chance getting in solely as a legacy. Harvard, Princeton and Yale it's extremely tough. Must be part of the top 1%

But look at it from an investment point of view: if you were paying 100K a year for an undergraduate degree wouldn't you want one that got you into the top law and medical school?

BTW, I worked in HR/IT for one of the biggest companies on the planet. They know what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
.... But most would get straight A's at any college in the country, assuming they applied themselves.
"assuming they applied themselves" is the key. We spoke with some Authur-Andersen folks whose research indicated high school grades were the best indicator of success. I know many students at A&M who got a full ride, tried, and lost their scholarship(s).

Quote:
...It all depends on what she majors in and what grades SHE makes of it. ..
Her major is the key. Let's say she majors in a STEM field like ChemE, graduates with above a 3.5 from Brown, I'd say she's got a good chance of making $150K in 5 years. And Brown doesn't even have a good Eng college. The keys are STEM and being a woman.

Teaching, Music, Sociology majors make crap.

My mother's banker told me they were paying $44K A YEAR at TCU so their daughter could get a BA in Music. I fell out of my chair in laughter.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #11
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
First, look at the acceptance rate at the top colleges in this country:

https://qz.com/1584304/acceptances-r...class-of-2023/

Then look at the average SAT scores for those accepted at the top colleges:

https://www.compassprep.com/college-profiles-new-sat/

Then look at the HS class rankings of those accepted at the top colleges. US News and World Report ranking of colleges will have that information.

What you will find is that the top ranked colleges, where you will find the Ivy League schools, accept few students and those that they accept are the best and brightest. Certainly some students get in because someone in the family went there or they can contribute something other than grades (athletics for one). But most would get straight A's at any college in the country, assuming they applied themselves.

I am hardly the only person who feels this way. When you look at the average salaries being offered to college graduates, those graduates from the elite colleges always rank near the top of the list.

https://www.payscale.com/college-sal...port/bachelors
What you are writing about is completely true for admission and a major part of the scam. It makes sense that the best students should do well but since they all do well almost no matter what, it lends itself to this type of scheme. Getting in is the only hard part.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #12
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:

I am paying her tuition as well as her housing expenses and everything else. I'm all in at $100K per year. I really don't mind because even though she is some kind of drama major money will never be an issue and I love my kids and grandkids more than anything else in this fucked up world.

If it were an issue I wouldn't be whoring around with $2500 a pop models.

Besides, everyone seems to be content with the scam and she will get plenty of opportunities - those Ivy League places have everyone convinced they are the shit.

One little weenie student up there has some kind of bullshit sociology type major on some weird obscure subject and only one professor can teach the class - and weenie boy is the only student.

How fucked up is that?

When I went to the big state university I never had a fucking class of fewer than 20 students.

One class had over 500 students, and as I point out to my shrink every week I turned out just fine....
Old 04-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #13
friendly fred
Valued Poster

All former Ivy League graduates should realize deep in their hearts that the current system is too easy once you get in to the schools.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:32 PM   #14
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
All former Ivy League graduates should realize deep in their hearts that the current system is too easy once you get in to the schools.
Quote:
And when she graduates she'll have a valuable network to backstop her chosen career.

I can’t say because I didn’t go to an Ivy League school but bet you’re both right. A physics major at a major state university probably gets a more rigorous education than your average Ivy League liberal arts graduate. But the network is of tremendous value. There’s a world wealth report I think published by Credit Suisse that says something like 10% to 15% of the centimillionaires (people worth over $100 million) IN THE WORLD graduated from Ivy League schools. I’m waiting for one of the Democratic Party elite to propose outlawing the Ivy League as a part of ending inequality in America. That makes more sense than some of their other ideas like taxing the businessmen and investors into oblivion. But will never happen of course because a lot of them went to Ivy League schools.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:21 AM   #15
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I can’t say because I didn’t go to an Ivy League school but bet you’re both right. A physics major at a major state university probably gets a more rigorous education than your average Ivy League liberal arts graduate. But the network is of tremendous value. There’s a world wealth report I think published by Credit Suisse that says something like 10% to 15% of the centimillionaires (people worth over $100 million) IN THE WORLD graduated from Ivy League schools. I’m waiting for one of the Democratic Party elite to propose outlawing the Ivy League as a part of ending inequality in America. That makes more sense than some of their other ideas like taxing the businessmen and investors into oblivion. But will never happen of course because a lot of them went to Ivy League schools.
You make good points.

I think liberal parents also bribe Ivy League admissions agents to get the children the Ivy League credentials because of those statistics you cited.

As long as everyone buys into the scam it will keep working.

Perhaps all the Ivy League failures should be promoted to attempt to erode the myths surrounding those schools.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women