Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you and I did get it download. Maybe because I have windows 7 and a new computer and my security settings maybe that was the issue.Because now a box appears not red lines. Thank you for your help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannie View Post
I'd just like to let the OP know that if you use Firefox as your browser, it automatically spell checks for you, no need to download anything. When you spell something wrong, a red squiggly line will appear under the misspelled word.

It won't help with punctuation or sentence structure but it is certainly a starting point.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

For those who are interested, Firefox has its own spell check. It makes life so much easier.

Mozilla Firefox
Old 12-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #18
FLWrite
Account Disabled

We can take a long look back at the history of ASPD and other similar community forums and find a rich heritage of individuals who have made public issues of typo's, grammar, and even stylistic nuances. Such a study reveals several telling things.

First, those individuals often have never been taught by their mothers that criticism finds a better home in private than in public. To criticize in public is usually nothing more than a cry for attention: "see how smart I am?", "see how important I am?” or “see what a renaissance man I am?" These forums contain private back-channels for just such a purpose. Criticizing others in public usually results in the tearing down of others. Public forums are better used for building others up. History generally finds the public critics displayed high on the great wall of notorious assholes.

Second, public typo and grammar critics often are least qualified to dispense such advice. They work for hours to free their posts of errors yet still reveal their own lack of understanding of often the most basic rules of grammar and composition. They fail to realize--again, this must go back to their mothers--that there is always someone out there smarter, better-read, and more talented than they. Critics must be man (or woman) enough to accept the responsibility of being perfect lest they find themselves the victims of their own policies. Unfortunately, they are often quite the opposite; they are the first to yell when they are criticized. Now, we have to go back to the great wall and change the plaques under their names to “Notorious, Whiney-Baby Asshole.”

Finally, these critics usually fail to realize that our culture today allows for such looseness in our communication. When we post to facebook or twitter via our phones, we often shorten, use acrostics, misspell on purpose, etc. Brevity demands it and our culture accepts it. Now, the wall finally reads, “Notorious, Irrelevant Whiney-Baby Asshole.”

I’m sure there are members of the great typo-patrol who have escaped such a fate. We just never hear from them.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #19
guest070311-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Spell check is great, and I make my fair share of typos, but Firefox can't hide shitty grammar. I understand the bottom line here is how the visit goes BCD. However, I have to admit, horrendous grammar really does turn me off. If you are "axin" me questions, or if you "seen" this or "seen" that, or if you just can't get your "to/two/too" or "there/their/they're" straight, it's really going to annoy me. Not that anyone gives a shit what annoys me, but that is one of my pet peeves.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #20
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Umm, I see what I originally typed had been mentioned already, so let me just say Merry Holidays.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #21
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

knowing what could possibility turn a gentleman off is a big help so yes some of us do give a shit...LOL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Spell check is great, and I make my fair share of typos, but Firefox can't hide shitty grammar. I understand the bottom line here is how the visit goes BCD. However, I have to admit, horrendous grammar really does turn me off. If you are "axin" me questions, or if you "seen" this or "seen" that, or if you just can't get your "to/two/too" or "there/their/they're" straight, it's really going to annoy me. Not that anyone gives a shit what annoys me, but that is one of my pet peeves.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #22
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I agree completely,however, those who make certain things public only end up showing their own insecurities. To clarify that is general statement!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWrite View Post
We can take a long look back at the history of ASPD and other similar community forums and find a rich heritage of individuals who have made public issues of typo's, grammar, and even stylistic nuances. Such a study reveals several telling things.

First, those individuals often have never been taught by their mothers that criticism finds a better home in private than in public. To criticize in public is usually nothing more than a cry for attention: "see how smart I am?", "see how important I am?” or “see what a renaissance man I am?" These forums contain private back-channels for just such a purpose. Criticizing others in public usually results in the tearing down of others. Public forums are better used for building others up. History generally finds the public critics displayed high on the great wall of notorious assholes.

Second, public typo and grammar critics often are least qualified to dispense such advice. They work for hours to free their posts of errors yet still reveal their own lack of understanding of often the most basic rules of grammar and composition. They fail to realize--again, this must go back to their mothers--that there is always someone out there smarter, better-read, and more talented than they. Critics must be man (or woman) enough to accept the responsibility of being perfect lest they find themselves the victims of their own policies. Unfortunately, they are often quite the opposite; they are the first to yell when they are criticized. Now, we have to go back to the great wall and change the plaques under their names to “Notorious, Whiney-Baby Asshole.”

Finally, these critics usually fail to realize that our culture today allows for such looseness in our communication. When we post to facebook or twitter via our phones, we often shorten, use acrostics, misspell on purpose, etc. Brevity demands it and our culture accepts it. Now, the wall finally reads, “Notorious, Irrelevant Whiney-Baby Asshole.”

I’m sure there are members of the great typo-patrol who have escaped such a fate. We just never hear from them.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
MaxiMilyen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 823
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWrite View Post

You are a very wise man and I agree. However, you didn't get the PM's I got, you didn't have two threads started about you (one if which is in an area not all have access to), and you didn't have others contact you identifying you as the actual subject of said thread. So, you couldn't know that this was actually attempted on my part (constructive criticism) in several PMs.

After several inappropriate comments in the "other" thread, I made an executive decision and decided to rebutt the inaccurate statements on both threads, so at least those who knew where the thread was aimed would get a more accurate depiction of what occurred, rather than repeatedly answer to those who were seeing this happen. I'm sorry that everyone is not privy to that information as they might not be so quick to judge. I do think I have a right to defend myself, named or unnamed. Apparently not everyone feels that way. LOL

Personally, I don't care how everyone else represents themselves on the board. Typos are not such a big deal to me and even grammar mistakes are not so horrible. However, I did start a funny thread on the uses of there, their and they're at one time. I admit I make mistakes all the time!!! However, I don't contact anyone claiming how educated I am and then proceed to form incomplete sentences with multiple mistakes, so I advised she not do that out on the open board. I figured someone, not so nice as yourself, might in fact react in a manner other than she hoped for. I was trying to spare her the embarrassment of something like that happening, but she took offense. I also tried to give her some sound advice about writing and editing her posts. Rather than just taking that advice and simply using it, she chose to take the route she did. I think that's unfortunate, as it just lead to more misunderstandings of the what the actual situation was and not everyone has access to all that was said and couldn't know that between the two threads, it would personally antagonize me. Please keep in mind that I didn't bring this out in the open. I only responded to her doing so and have tried to clarify what actually occurred without stating the exact wording of PMs and maybe getting a jab or two in as well, my bad.

I hope this clears up my end of this misunderstanding and wish the best to offended parties.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #24
Torito
Ambassador

Encounters: 23

This has gone way too far. I have PMd suggestions that were ignored. The thread is serving no useful purpose and shows contiuing antagonism.

Good night John Boy.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women