Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59839
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40273
CryptKicker37062
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 03-16-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default My Lai massacre 50 year anniversary

Hugh Thompson and his crew were the heroes that day...

William Calley....3.5 years house arrest for leading the massacre.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

My Lai massacre intervention[edit]

Main article: My Lai massacre

Murdered Vietnamese civilians, My Lai massacre, Sơn Mỹ, Quảng Ngăi Province, March 16, 1968; photography by Ronald L. Haeberle

Dead man and two children (Truong Nam and Truong Thi Sau), My Lai massacre, Sơn Mỹ, Quảng Ngăi Province, March 16, 1968; photography by Ronald L. Haeberle

Thompson and his crew attempted to evacuate Nguyễn Thị Tẩu (pictured above), but she was murdered in front of them by Ernest Medina, the commanding officer of C Company, March 16, 1968; photography by Ronald L. Haeberle[7][8]

Hiller OH-23 Raven, three-place, light observation helicopter, similar to the one Thompson commanded during the massacre

On March 16, 1968, Thompson and his Hiller OH-23 Raven observation helicopter crew, Larry Colburn (gunner) and Glenn Andreotta (crew chief), were ordered to support Task Force Barker's search and destroy operations in Sơn Mỹ, Quảng Ngăi Province, South Vietnam.[2]:59 Song My Village was composed of four hamlets, Mỹ Lai, Mỹ Khę, Cổ Lũy and Tư Cung, and was suspected by the United States Army Military Intelligence Corps to be a Viet Cong stronghold.[2]:59
Army intelligence concerning the presence of Viet Cong in Sơn Mỹ was inaccurate, however, and the village's population was predominately composed of neutral, unarmed rice-farming families. Reconnaissance aircraft, including Thompson's OH-23 crew, flew over the Sơn Mỹ vicinity but received no enemy fire.[2]:66 At 07:24, without validating intelligence reports, the United States Army shelled Sơn Mỹ, killing many Vietnamese civilians. Following the shelling, Company C (Charlie Company), 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment of Task Force Barker, led by Captain Ernest Medina, moved into Sơn Mỹ.
Upon entering Sơn Mỹ, officers and soldiers of Company C moved through the Song My Village and vicinity, murdering civilians, raping women, and setting fire to huts.[2]:69[4]:137[9] 1st Platoon of Company C, commanded by Lieutenant William Laws Calley Jr., forced approximately 70–80 villagers, mostly women and children, into an irrigation ditch and murdered the civilians with knives, bayonets, grenades, and small arms fire.[2]:73
Thompson recounted at an academic conference on My Lai held at Tulane University in December, 1994: "We kept flying back and forth, reconning in front and in the rear, and it didn't take very long until we started noticing the large number of bodies everywhere. Everywhere we'd look, we'd see bodies. These were infants, two-, three-, four-, five-year-olds, women, very old men, no draft-age people whatsoever."[7]
Thompson and his crew, who at first thought the artillery bombardment caused all the civilian deaths on the ground, became aware that Americans were murdering the villagers after a wounded civilian woman they requested medical evacuation for, Nguyễn Thị Tẩu (chín Tẩu), was murdered right in front of them by Captain Medina, the commanding officer of the operation. According to Larry Colburn,
"Then we saw a young girl about twenty years old lying on the grass. We could see that she was unarmed and wounded in the chest. We marked her with smoke because we saw a squad not too far away. The smoke was green, meaning it's safe to approach. Red would have meant the opposite. We were hovering six feet off the ground not more than twenty feet away when Captain Medina came over, kicked her, stepped back, and finished her off. He did it right in front of us. When we saw Medina do that, it clicked. It was our guys doing the killing."[8]
Immediately after the execution, Thompson discovered the irrigation ditch full of Calley's victims. Thompson then radioed a message to accompanying gunships and Task Force Barker headquarters, "It looks to me like there's an awful lot of unnecessary killing going on down there. Something ain't right about this. There's bodies everywhere. There's a ditch full of bodies that we saw. There's something wrong here."[2]:75 Thompson spotted movement in the irrigation ditch, indicating that there were civilians alive in it. He immediately landed to assist the victims. Lieutenant Calley approached Thompson and the two exchanged an uneasy conversation.[2]:77

Thompson: What's going on here, Lieutenant?Calley: This is my business.Thompson: What is this? Who are these people?Calley: Just following orders.Thompson: Orders? Whose orders?Calley: Just following...Thompson: But, these are human beings, unarmed civilians, sir.Calley: Look Thompson, this is my show. I'm in charge here. It ain't your concern.Thompson: Yeah, great job.Calley: You better get back in that chopper and mind your own business.Thompson: You ain't heard the last of this!As Thompson was speaking to Calley, Calley's subordinate, Sergeant David Mitchell, fired into the irrigation ditch, killing any civilians still moving.[2]:78 Thompson and his crew, in disbelief and shock, returned to their helicopter and began searching for civilians they could save. They spotted a group of women, children, and old men in the northeast corner of the village fleeing from advancing soldiers from the 2nd Platoon, Company C. Immediately realizing that the soldiers intended to murder the Vietnamese civilians, Thompson landed his helicopter between the advancing ground unit and the villagers.[2]:79 He turned to Colburn and Andreotta and told them he would shoot the men in the 2nd Platoon if they attempted to kill any of the fleeing civilians.[2]:81 While Colburn and Andreotta focused their guns on the 2nd Platoon, Thompson located as many civilians as he could, persuaded them to follow him to safer location, and ensured their evacuation with the help of two UH-1 Huey pilots he was friends with.[4]:138–139
Low on fuel, Thompson was forced to return to a supply airstrip miles outside the village. Before they departed the village, Andreotta spotted movement in the irrigation ditch full of bodies. According to Trent Angers in The Forgotten Hero of My Lai: The Hugh Thompson Story (2014),
"The helicopter looped around then set down quickly near the edge of the ditch. Andreotta had maintained visual contact with the spot where he saw the movement, and he darted out of the aircraft as soon as it touched the ground. Thompson got out and guarded one side of the chopper and Colburn guarded the other. Andreotta had to walk on several badly mangled bodies to get where he was going. He lifted a corpse with several bullet holes in the torso and there, lying under it, was a child, age five or six, covered in blood and obviously in a state of shock."
The child, Do Ba, was pulled from the irrigation ditch and after failing to find any more survivors, Thompson's crew transported the child to a hospital in Quảng Ngăi.[2]:215
After transporting the child to the hospital, Thompson flew to the Task Force Barker headquarters (Landing Zone Dottie), and angrily reported the massacre to his superiors.[4]:176–179 His report quickly reached Lieutenant Colonel Frank Barker, the operation's overall commander. Barker immediately radioed ground forces to cease the "killings". After the helicopter was refueled, Thompson's crew returned to the village to ensure that no more civilians were being murdered and that the wounded were evacuated.[2]:89
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Not one of our finer moments.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #4
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Not one of our finer moments.
That’s why WDF posted it.

He hates America.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
That’s why WDF posted it.

He hates America.
Yet I posted about the heroic action of a helicopter pilot and his crew...all Americans.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #6
Muscleup
Account Disabled

Encounters: 30

Too bad WTF could not be in one of those body piles.
Muscleup is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:42 AM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Hugh Thompson and his crew were the heroes that day...

William Calley....3.5 years house arrest for leading the massacre.

Do you still have your photo-op prints as souvenirs?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

I have photo-op prints of me fucking you're daughter in her ass. Would you like me to post them for you? I keep them as souvenirs
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscleup View Post
Too bad WTF could not be in one of those body piles.
Lieutenant Calley , is that you?

On August 19, 2009, while speaking to the Kiwanis Club of Greater Columbus, Calley issued an apology for his role in the My Lai massacre. Calley said:
"There is not a day that goes by that I do not feel remorse for what happened that day in My Lai. I feel remorse for the Vietnamese who were killed, for their families, for the American soldiers involved and their families. I am very sorry... If you are asking why I did not stand up to them when I was given the orders, I will have to say that I was a 2nd Lieutenant getting orders from my commander and I followed them—foolishly, I guess."[20]

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 AM   #10
Ronin3
Premium Access

Encounters: 123

War is the nadir of human existence. It defines the weak and reveals the strong. This country has been in some conflict for the vast majority of its existence. Draw from that what you may. But certainly most of those in power, who rush to it, have never been tested by it. If they had, I'm sure they'd work harder to resolve issues in a different manner.
Ronin3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Are you defending Lieutenant Calley?

Are you trying to make me the enemy like Trump is trying to make Muller and the FBI?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
I have photo-op prints of me fucking you're daughter in her ass. Would you like me to post them for you? I keep them as souvenirs
More fake news? You consistently reveal you are TRASH!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #13
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
More fake news? You consistently reveal you are TRASH!
If I'm trash what does that make you're daughter? One woman's trash is another woman's treasure

Poor Lexy Liars little " feelings" got hurt

PS: You're daughter does have some good pussy
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin3 View Post
War is the nadir of human existence. It defines the weak and reveals the strong. This country has been in some conflict for the vast majority of its existence. Draw from that what you may. But certainly most of those in power, who rush to it, have never been tested by it. If they had, I'm sure they'd work harder to resolve issues in a different manner.

My Lai ... has little to do with either:

"defining the weak" or "revealing the strong"!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Poor Lexy Liars little " feelings" got hurt...
Not at all, and certainly not by you! You delude yourself.

About hurting my feelings or fucking "my daughter"!

In fact you don't even know if I have a daughter or not.

You're still Trash!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women