Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47411
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2018, 03:35 PM   #16
EagleEye
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
I beg to differ about Austin! In fact what you say is laughable. Austin is the only city in America which does not support a zoo or even an Art Museum. The State government has the Blanton at UT, but there is no city supported Art Museum or natural history museum. As for being a commercial hub that too is ridiculous. There isn't even a single bank in Austin which doesn't send their loan proposals to Houston or Dallas for approval. Compared to Dallas Austin is a backwater with nothing but beggers on the streets, thousands of wanna be musicians, and regional or branch offices of tech companies like Googgle and Facebook, but no home offices.

I'm from Houston and we have museums and art and banks and home offices just like Dallas and even Ft.Worth and San Antonio. At least San Antonio has USAA, Six Flaggs, and Sea World, not to mention a large gun show every month. In Austin the local cops shut down the only gun show here, and they did so ILLEGALLY LOL.

I'm in Austin for the money in my particular business of commercial construction because there's still ample iron work and concrete needed downtown, but this place is for hippies, techies and trendies who don't know what culture is and couldn't tell you what a Picasso looks like compared to a Van Dyke.

Now as for Indian food yes it's here, and the best is still Chicken Tikka Masala at Star of India on West Anderson.

And if you do visit here please don't leave here with a tattoo.

Go Horns!

ps,
Austin is the only city in Texas which has never produced a successful recording artist. It is the "live music capital" of Travis county but not the world LOL

Here's the list of artists:
Dallas: Nora Jones, Erika Badu, Lisa Loeb
Houston: Micky Gilly,Kenny Rogers,Beyonce Knowles
San Antonio: Christopher Cross, Los Lonely Boys, SixPence for a Dollar
Lubbuck: Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison
South Texas: George Strait,Johnny Rodriquez, Freddy Fender
Abbott: WILLIE NELSON

Austin:????? Omar and the howlers maybe LOL. Oh no Oh no let's not forget "Incubus" or "Shearwater" or "Spoon" or "Nancy Griffith" or "Niko Case" or "Marcia Ball"

On the other hand the homicide rates are: Dallas 6.3/100k, Houston 5.8/100k, Austin 1.2/100k (stats first half 2017).

Stevie Ray Vaughan, Janis Joplin, Bob Schneider, Spoon, Robert Earl Keen, Blue October, Gary Clark Jr, Lucinda Williams were/all all pretty damn good musicians.

Chicken Tikka Masala at Pappadom's is very tasty with a Kingfisher.
EagleEye is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #17
Txbear46
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I agree about few art museums. There is the Blanton and The Contemporary...that is about it. I am always going to San Antonio for art, zoo, food, museums etc.
Txbear46 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #18
Congratulations
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Go to the whip in off 35 And oltorf.

They are a very political restaurant though leaning or rather laying democratic and while I don’t care what the owners/employees believes are its so blant there that I choose not to patronize it. They have antifa propaganda (rallies, etc) all over. When obama was in the office, the sold posters of him. Besides, probably 90% of the staff are illegals. If Austin wasn’t a sanctuary city it would be closed.
Congratulations is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #19
Treetop78759
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowntransplant69 View Post
I once won an Indian cooking competition. No lie. And I'm white.
How exciting!

What did you cook? A buffalo and corn dish?

I bet it was delicious.
Treetop78759 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #20
angler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepika View Post
Do you like Indian curry?

Is there big Indian community in Austin?

I am originally from India. Dallas is where I go to school for my grad studies. I was thinking of visiting Austin.
Just don't open any stray packages while you're here.
angler is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:38 AM   #21
Congratulations
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Or do..
Congratulations is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #22
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congratulations View Post
Go to the whip in off 35 And oltorf.

They are a very political restaurant though leaning or rather laying democratic and while I don’t care what the owners/employees believes are its so blant there that I choose not to patronize it. They have antifa propaganda (rallies, etc) all over. When obama was in the office, the sold posters of him. Besides, probably 90% of the staff are illegals. If Austin wasn’t a sanctuary city it would be closed.
A nest of communists no doubt. Tryin' to destroy the working man and drive him to revolt with all those illegals!
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:34 PM   #23
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
On the other hand the homicide rates are: Dallas 6.3/100k, Houston 5.8/100k, Austin 1.2/100k (stats first half 2017).

Stevie Ray Vaughan, Janis Joplin, Bob Schneider, Spoon, Robert Earl Keen, Blue October, Gary Clark Jr, Lucinda Williams were/all all pretty damn good musicians.

Chicken Tikka Masala at Pappadom's is very tasty with a Kingfisher.
Janis passed through Austin but found success in San Francisco. She was from Port Arthur. I should have listed her.

Stevie Ray was from some other small town and grew up in a mobile home. I can't remember from where but he too only passed through Austin like Willie and others.

I respect Lucinda Williams, Robert Earl Keen, and that group as good musicians but they are by no means of the calibre of others from everywhere else whose talent made them household names across the country. Christopher Cross and Nora Jones each won four grammies, and George Strait is a superstar. Erika Badu and Beyonce are stars. Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly were straight up geniuses. No one will ever top those two for pure musical genius except for maybe Leone Russell or the Beatles.

There's just something about the slacker environment in Austin that makes it too easy to just lay back and find a comfort zone so no body here has the burning desire or talent to excel in anything.

The only talented person from Austin is director/writer Robert Benton. And few people even know who he is. He's made a lot of good films. But that has nothing to do with the "live music capitol of the world!"

btw "capitol" is the word for a capitol city, and "capital" is the word for money.

But the Loop 360 is mis-spelled as the "Capital of Texas Highway" LOL
Old 03-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #24
pussycat
Valued Poster

Now as for the homicide rate the same thing applies. People kill because of passion and drama, and that is what is lacking in Austin because it's a place for slackers who don't give a shit about anything but comfort. The bomber Conditt at least cared deeply about something even though he displayed it in a very destructive way. What else lurks in Pflugerville?
Old 03-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #25
chitowntransplant69
Valued Poster

Quote:
There's just something about the slacker environment in Austin that makes it too easy to just lay back and find a comfort zone so no body here has the burning desire or talent to excel in anything.
Yeah, Michael Dell never really excelled at anything...

Neither have these other 4 Austin billionaires: John Paul DeJoria, Robert F. Smith, David Booth and Bryan Sheffield. I bet they'd be really rich if they weren't such slackers.

Robert Rodriguez is a pretty successful Austin filmmaker.

Or do you only consider people who were born in Austin, not succeeded while living in Austin?

Quote:
The only talented person from Austin is director/writer Robert Benton. And few people even know who he is. He's made a lot of good films. But that has nothing to do with the "live music capitol of the world!"

btw "capitol" is the word for a capitol city, and "capital" is the word for money.

But the Loop 360 is mis-spelled as the "Capital of Texas Highway" LOL
Sorry, you're completely wrong.

Capitol is the name for the building that houses governement, not a city like Austin.

"Austin is the live music capital of the world" is correct, as is Capital of Texas Highway.

And "misspelled" isn't hyphenated.
chitowntransplant69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #26
chitowntransplant69
Valued Poster

Speaking of Austin music, there is a great film called Road to Austin that chronicles the music in Austin from 1835 to present day, along with performances by some very talented Austin musicians.

Roat to Austin
Old 03-22-2018, 06:41 AM   #27
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

My advice is to ignore pussycat. He shows up on this forum on occasion, stirs things up, and leaves.

I've lived in the Austin area for over 25 years. Love it!! Small city geographically when compared to Dallas, Houston, and SA so getting from one locale to another is rather easy, barring traffic congestion. Great restaurants, fine entertainment, and incredible live music venues such as the Austin 360 amphitheater and the Moody theater. Not to mention the smaller intimate clubs such as the Saxon Pub.

Yes, it is lacking when it comes to museums for sure. And a zoo. But according to U.S. News, Austin is the best city in which to live in the U.S.

https://realestate.usnews.com/places...places-to-live
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #28
chitowntransplant69
Valued Poster

Noted, thanks.

I moved here after college and never left. I've spent a lot of time in Dallas as well as some in Houston and San Antonio, and Austin is where I'll stay.

What abou the Austin Zoo? It's no Brookfield or San Diego, but it's a nice, little zoo with a great mission.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #29
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowntransplant69 View Post
Yeah, Michael Dell never really excelled at anything...

Neither have these other 4 Austin billionaires: John Paul DeJoria, Robert F. Smith, David Booth and Bryan Sheffield. I bet they'd be really rich if they weren't such slackers.

Robert Rodriguez is a pretty successful Austin filmmaker.

Or do you only consider people who were born in Austin, not succeeded while living in Austin?

Sorry, you're completely wrong.

Capitol is the name for the building that houses governement, not a city like Austin.

"Austin is the live music capital of the world" is correct, as is Capital of Texas Highway.

And "misspelled" isn't hyphenated.
I'm talking about the Arts, not building computers. Dell has been on the ropes for a long time now, and I didn't even know he was from Austin. I thought he was from somewhere else and was going to UT at the time he started building computers. As for the other handful of rich guys big deal. Houston or other cities have many more.

Robert Rodriquez is from San Antonio and went to Jefferson High School there. His first film, "Bedhead" was filmed in his backyard with his sister. While he was at Jefferson High he had a friend from Acunia, Mexico, across from Del Rio, and that's where he filmed "El Mariachi," which was shot with no synchronous sound. Robert is a cool Dude but he is not respected by Hollywood or New York because he makes only shlock movies. Except for the Audience Prize at Sundance for El Mariachi I don't think he' won any awards. He doesn't attend ceremonies. He likes money a lot.

About "Capitol," so it is only the building but the city which possesses it is "Capital" as in Marx's "Das Capital?" I didn't know that.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #30
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
My advice is to ignore pussycat. He shows up on this forum on occasion, stirs things up, and leaves.

I've lived in the Austin area for over 25 years. Love it!! Small city geographically when compared to Dallas, Houston, and SA so getting from one locale to another is rather easy, barring traffic congestion. Great restaurants, fine entertainment, and incredible live music venues such as the Austin 360 amphitheater and the Moody theater. Not to mention the smaller intimate clubs such as the Saxon Pub.

Yes, it is lacking when it comes to museums for sure. And a zoo. But according to U.S. News, Austin is the best city in which to live in the U.S.

https://realestate.usnews.com/places...places-to-live
Of course I leave from time to time. I've gotta life don't I?

Now for your insane claim that Austin is easy to get around in. Which Austin are you referring to? It can't be Austin, Texas, because it's the worst city to get around in anywhere in Texas and it takes an hour or so to just to travel three or four miles. Try going to the Airport. There's no limited access highways like any other city here of a million people has. In Houston or San Antonio you can get from one side of town to the other in ten minutes or less! Just take the freeways. Not here.

I'm glad you like Austin but what great restaurants are you referring to here? 90% of what's in Austin are either hamburgers, pizza or tacos! Any larger city in Texas has much more variety and quality than slacker city. And some of the restaurants in other cities require patrons to actually wear shoes! Such places would never go over in flip flop/beachwear land of Austin.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women