Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40276
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
mstrdragon
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11
Default ideas for speeding up healing of a hurt back?

Okay...so I am overdoing it on Sunday moving the last of the "big" presents around, etc. and I go and strain my upper and middle back on the left side. Obviously this put a strain on my lower back so I am doing just wonderful today as the pain killers wear off!

Any suggestions for a way to speed up the healing without having to "take it easy"...I just can not sit at home and do nothing. The bordem would drive me crazy!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
mstrdragon is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Gentleman
Usually On the road again

Encounters: 29

Advil is an anti-inflammatory. I use it, muscle relaxers, and vicodin for mine!
Gentleman is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63

Naproxen which is the main ingredient in Alieve is also an anti-inflammatory that I use for my muscle strains as Advil causes stomach upset for me. Remember with any anti-inflammatory it can prolong the healing process.
KohanaKoa is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Guest092815
Account Disabled

User ID: 2742
My ECCIE Reviews

"Arnica montana" comes in a cream or gel or little tiny sugar pellets. It is an herbal remedy and homeopathic. It works for bruises, muscle strain, etc.

You can find it at sun harvest and whole foods type stores.

Advil works somewhat, but it can cause heartburn/indigestion.
Guest092815 is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
Gentleman
Usually On the road again

Encounters: 29

I haven't had any trouble with Advil but you can also use Muscle Mist (google it: it is great) or you can go to an accupuncturist (as I am today). These are things that work for me with 4 decades of back trouble. Getting older sucks.....
Gentleman is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
Laker
Per LAP Having Fun!

Encounters: 18

How about finding a lady who can administer a great massage?!!!

I herniated a disc this past summer, hurt like hell, had cortisone/steroid injection. Then went to PT, and walk. if you can walk in good posture, walk, start slow and keep increasing your distance.

Don't mess with it too long though without seeing Dr. to rule out serious damage.
Laker is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
mstrdragon
Account Disabled

Thanks for the advice. I am going to check out the "Arnica montana" and definitely see how soon I can see my accupuncturist. I did go see my regular doc and she just said rest, alternate hot and cold packs if I could handle it, and advil. She did not indicate any concern of serious damage done.
I did want to see my chiropractor, but she is booked until after New Years. (Yes, most of my docs are women. What I can say? I like women..lol)
Old 12-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol is dangerous if you take a fairly small overdose. It does some things that can "shut down" your liver. This is really, really, bad, if not fatal. You can mess yourself up by simply taking too many pills, or by taking multiple medications that contain acetaminophen, for instance, Tylenol and NyQuil.

Sometimes, finding a certain position, certain chair, certain place to put a pillow, etc. will provide a good bit of relief from back pain. Long term, the right chair can make a BIG difference.

Traditional medicine if often of little use, other than painkilling, or muscle relaxants. They may be a good idea to be sure you don't have a really serious problem. It's said that most back pain goes away on its own in 6 months.

You may want to consider a Chiropractor. Don't let them sell you any snake oil, but if your back problem is one of the conditions their treatments work on, they can be a great relief. If your problem isn't something they help you with, don't go back.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
Guest021510
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Yeah, the ice and heat things are good ideas, remember ice is for reducing swelling, and heat is to loosen up your muscles. I would think you would need more heat than ice. Yikes GG, so when I take 20 extra strength tylenol for a migraine that's not a good idea?
I have a funny chiropractor story. About 10 years ago I was in a bad wreck, and went to a chiropractor for about 2 months. She was a woman, and she was kind of hot! Blonde, pretty face, probably a good C cup. She always had me take my shirt off when she worked on me, and 10 years ago I still looked okay without a shirt, nowadays she would probably scream put it back on. Anyways, she would climb on top of me, which was kinda nice! I remember her doing one position where I was on my side, and she pushed down slowly a few times and one of her boobs kept hitting me in the face! Really nice! Then, she literally kind of jumped up and smashed down on me, my back popped and it hurt like shit! Yes, her boob smashed into my face as well, but I was more thinking about the pain then! She said she had to do that since I was SO tight and muscular in my back. Yeah right, I think she was into S&M!
Guest021510 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGFBI View Post
Yikes GG, so when I take 20 extra strength tylenol for a migraine that's not a good idea?
I hope you're joking, but it happens. I'm scared of acetaminophen in part because the dangerous does is not that much higher than the therapeutic dose. It gets recommended a lot because aspirin makes you bleed easy and can hurt the stomach. Acetaminophen may be safer when used in the correct does, but the effects of overdose are REALLY bad.

In particular, be careful if you use it on kids. There is an infants Tylenol where the dosage is a few drops. There is a children's Tylenol where you give a spoonful. Giving a spoonful of the infant's formula to a kid is really dangerous. Plus being overprotective and giving too much of the Nyquil with acetaminophen and pain relievers with acetaminophen at the same time can also be bad.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
mstrdragon
Account Disabled

Well I got to the chiro today. She twisted, popped, and adjusted me all over...okay, well not ALL over, but got my back in shape again. Was out in my hips, neck, mid-back, and clavical area. At least I adjusted good and feel a LOT better.
Thanks again for all the advice and suggestions!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
thundarr28
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Deep tissue massage is the best thing I've found.
thundarr28 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

A good blowjob is a stress reliever, too!
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #14
Dagny D.E.W.
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2877
My ECCIE Reviews
Default for strained only don't know if it works with disc problems

The Cobra move has saved me many times.

Lie down on the floor, breath deeply a few times. Put hands up like you are going to do push ups. Keep your pelvic on the floor and push up slowly and hold, arch you head back.

You only need to do that a few times then later before bed. It stretchs the muscles or something. My back goes out alot and this move (since I learned it) has stopped it from going out and/or makes it stop faster.

Good luck!
Dagny D.E.W. is offline   Quote