Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 06-04-2023, 08:19 PM   #31
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I'm not sure what you're getting at. If it's that Trump caused the pandemic, well, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

If it's that the USA suffered disproportionately during the pandemic, let me know. I'll look at and post the GDP decline in all G5 nations during 2020. My guess is that the USA declined the least.
Wasn’t directed at you. Someone idiotically compared the past 3 years to some prior 3 year period. Idiotically of course forgetting that there was pandemic recently which adversely affected their 401 which did not exist just prior to the other 3 year period they idiotically referenced.

As for the rest of your posts, they are getting absurd. I will say though you’ve gone all in on the absurdity and that takes a lot of dedication. You arguments can be summed up as “any Republican policy is responsible for good democratic results”. “Positive gains under a democrat today can be traced back 45 years to Reagan.” And my personal favorite “Bad results under republicans (the last 3 have taken us into a recessions) have nothing at all to do with their policies.”

I can’t take your positions seriously and they are even losing entertainment value because you seem to have actually tricked yourself into believing it.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:25 PM   #32
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Put another way, Republicans are mostly believers in supply side economics. Provide the conditions for the private sector to grow and prosper, and the country will do well.

Message me and we can make a side bet on who's going to call you out for "trickle down economics" first.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:28 PM   #33
1blackman1
Valued Poster

No need for a side bet on that. I’ve called it what it is many a time. It was voodoo economics when I was a wee lad and remains so today.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:10 PM   #34
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Wasn’t directed at you. Someone idiotically compared the past 3 years to some prior 3 year period. Idiotically of course forgetting that there was pandemic recently which adversely affected their 401 which did not exist just prior to the other 3 year period they idiotically referenced.

As for the rest of your posts, they are getting absurd. I will say though you’ve gone all in on the absurdity and that takes a lot of dedication. You arguments can be summed up as “any Republican policy is responsible for good democratic results”. “Positive gains under a democrat today can be traced back 45 years to Reagan.” And my personal favorite “Bad results under republicans (the last 3 have taken us into a recessions) have nothing at all to do with their policies.”

I can’t take your positions seriously and they are even losing entertainment value because you seem to have actually tricked yourself into believing it.
As to the bold text, absolutely! While Reagan wasn't a small government Republican in terms of spending, he helped rationalize the tax system, and helped bring the cold war to an end. That brought a huge peace dividend which admittedly was kind of squandered by George W. Bush and the neocons. Anyway, today the private sector is a larger % of our economy than it would have been without Reagan. Partly as a result of that, we're on average more prosperous than citizens of any other large country in the world.

You're a univariate kind of guy Blackman, living in a multivariate world. That is to say you believe the current state of the economy depends on one variable and one variable only -- which party the current president belongs to. It's not that simple.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:12 PM   #35
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
Message me and we can make a side bet on who's going to call you out for "trickle down economics" first.
And the winner is .... BLACKMAN!

Enjoyed your video. Indeed, contrary to what our friend Blackman believes, Joe Biden is not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
Old 06-05-2023, 05:10 AM   #36
1blackman1
Valued Poster

There’s plenty of variables but your ability to sing the same off key song with the wrong words regardless of background music and the karaoke words scrolling is impressive. Reagan would be proud.

Last three republican presidents crashed three economies. Last three democratic presidents took those shit economies and created economic booms. In you mind, it’s purely coincidental like who won the Super Bowl. And you believe it’s a serious position to take.

I’ll take a more sensible position, Clinton, Obama and Biden - all with similar economic policy - were are better stewards than republicans. Trickle down works fine for me but it’s shit economic policy.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:12 PM   #37
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
There’s plenty of variables but your ability to sing the same off key song with the wrong words regardless of background music and the karaoke words scrolling is impressive. Reagan would be proud.
This is probably why companies pay you the big bucks to defend them in court. You can take a simplistic line of silliness and make people believe it. I bet you do use background music and scrolling karaoke words in your final arguments, when the judges let you get away with it.

Quote:
Last three republican presidents crashed three economies. Last three democratic presidents took those shit economies and created economic booms. In you mind, it’s purely coincidental like who won the Super Bowl. And you believe it’s a serious position to take.
Say I tell you there are two political parties. Three presidents are from party A and three are from party B during a period when there are three recessions. What's the probability that all three recessions will occur while someone from party A is president? The correct answer is one out of eight. As long as I didn't tell you A is the Republican Party and B is the Democratic Party, you'd agree that number, 1 out of 8, is correct. And you wouldn't think it's much of a coincidence.

How would a Democrat President possibly have prevented the 1991 recession, which was caused by high oil prices and the resulting effect on inflation and Fed policy? Or the 2020 recession, which was caused by a worldwide pandemic?

And why is Bush any more responsible for the 2008 recession than Bill Clinton or Barney Frank? Yeah, if Bush and his Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and regulators they appointed were omniscient, maybe a recession would have been avoided. But it's unlikely Democrats would have done better. Most of the blame should go to the banks and other financial institutions, and people who thought they could buy $500,000 houses with $50,000 annual income and no money down. And the Fed which probably should have more aggressively cut rates early on. But Bush was a bit player.

Your contention that the "last three democratic presidents took those shit economies and created economic booms" is borderline comical. Bush and Paulson did the heavy lifting in the fall and winter of 2008 to get the economy back on track, with bailouts and by cajoling financial institutions to merge. The Obama administration just followed along with what the Republicans started. And did have the good sense to wait to raise tax rates, which unfortunately Democrats always feel compelled to do, until 2012.

Trump, Pelosi and McConnell provided plenty of stimulus to the economy in 2020. Maybe too much. What Biden et al followed up with in 2021 mainly served to ignite inflation and run up the national debt.

As to George H. W. Bush, the economy was humming along when he turned the reins over to Bill Clinton. GDP growth was 4%+ in 1992.

Obama and Biden coincidentally look good, due in no part to their policies, as a result of being in office during rebounds which always occur after recessions.

Quote:
I’ll take a more sensible position, Clinton, Obama and Biden - all with similar economic policy - were are better stewards than republicans. Trickle down works fine for me but it’s shit economic policy.
You're blinded from your Stockholm Syndrome. First, there is no trickle down. Our tax system is the most progressive in the developed world. Second, you fail to realize how the leftward shift in your party is bad for America. Clinton did very well in his second term, when he governed alongside Republicans in Congress. Obama didn't screw things up too badly. He was happy to take credit for rising oil and gas production in America. Now you've got Biden, and the Elizabeth Warren acolytes and other Progressives who are calling the shots in his administration. Thank goodness for Republicans and Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, who saved the Biden Administration from its worst impulses.

I don't want to hijack your thread. So I shall return with another thread that will show how bloodthirsty Democratic presidents were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of young American men in foreign wars. It will make just as much sense as your contentions about recessions and the party affiliation of presidents. So this is your sarcasm alert, in advance.

To be continued...
Old 06-05-2023, 01:42 PM   #38
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
For the Biden supporters, can you you name any particular Biden policy enactments that have contributed so mightily to our blockbuster economic rebound? Other than easing Covid restrictions?
Please show your work.

Biden's policy to take out the trash.......

matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:57 PM   #39
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
T

You are wrong as a 3 dollar bill blackman. Clinton's first two years were economically wrong and the same as Obama and Biden. Newt Gingrich and Republicans took over the House and Senate and Clinton pretended to lead the parade.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:30 PM   #40
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

As expected.
Nada.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:42 PM   #41
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
As expected.
Nada.
Hot damn Ducbutter, I think we're going to convert him! This is what he wrote in another thread,

Quote:
As any replies in the Bidenomics thread, I’ve simply given up any real discussion with you on that topic because I find your view getting about as sensical and based in reality as those of Ripmany, Bambi, Salty and others. At least I know in my heart of hearts that you know better, whether you wanna one day admit it or not.
Reading between the lines, Blackman realizes the Progressive politicians' views on the economy are bankrupt so he's not going to defend them any more. All that part about giving up any real discussion because I'm spouting nonsense is a smokescreen. That's just his pride speaking. He doesn't want to admit he was wrong. He's on the verge of becoming a full fledged believer in classical liberalism. I can feel it!
Old 06-06-2023, 08:45 PM   #42
1blackman1
Valued Poster

lol
Old 06-06-2023, 09:15 PM   #43
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:

Reading between the lines, Blackman realizes the Progressive politicians' views on the economy are bankrupt so he's not going to defend them any more. All that part about giving up any real discussion because I'm spouting nonsense is a smokescreen. That's just his pride speaking. He doesn't want to admit he was wrong. He's on the verge of becoming a full fledged believer in classical liberalism. I can feel it!
... ... ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:35 AM   #44
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Quote:
Hot damn Ducbutter, I think we're going to convert him! This is what he wrote in another thread,

From your lips to G-d's ear. Forgive me if I don't share your optimism. From the jump this thread was nothing but empty hyper partisan moronic cheerleading. "Bidenomics" is nothing more than being in office as the country naturally rebounds from the pandemic shut down, engineered by whom?
Old 06-07-2023, 05:14 PM   #45
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
"Bidenomics" is nothing more than being in office as the country naturally rebounds from the pandemic shut down
Investorpedia disagrees with you. In the link The Biden and Trump economic plans are compared.

https://www.investopedia.com/compari...-biden-4843240
adav8s28 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women