Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40280
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 03-28-2023, 03:09 PM   #16
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie View Post
I got banned for harassing you recently. You don’t remember? I hate all Democrats and RINOs regardless of race. I love all America
First Patriots, regardless of race. My hate is ideologically based, not race based. Get over yourself. Your handle alone demonstrates your feelings about race. You don’t identify as a man, or an American. You specifically identify as a Black Man. You don’t self identify by the content of your character, but by the color of your skin. Do you see the hypocrisy? I’m just pushing y’all’s buttons, and y’all are crying like babies and exposing who you really are. Keep posting please!
Let me help you out about the handle. It’s got nothing to with politics. When I moved to Louisiana I found something that didn’t exist in my experience in DC, no AA hookers. When I created a handle on this website and subsequent hooker boards in order to not have to go through the trouble of having an attempted date fall through I incorporated for the hookers that bit of information for their benefit so they could just not respond if no AA was their policy. Had nothing to do with racial identity for myself nor anything else except to help the hookers out. Not maybe that will disillusion you from your simplistic and overly silly thinking.

I do however look forward to your next banning which I suspect won’t take long because irrespective of what you claim, you can’t help but inject race because that is what racists do. I’ll give you a bye bye in advance and I’ll await the return of your other aliases.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:35 PM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
I'm out of popcorn. Waco, hook it up.

Me too. But a fucking sense of humor helps with the pain of racism.

I'm going to have to go with a . . .

. . . on this post.

lol i figured you of all people would get a kick outta that gif.

1b1 you may not get much public response from biomed1 in this thread, frankly. if you have concerns you might be better served sending him a pm.

biomed1 when he checks the forum tonight ...

bahahahaa
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:43 PM   #18
1blackman1
Valued Poster

I ain’t worried about that. I suspect his response will be to point me. Been down that road before. It’s all good though.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:57 PM   #19
Cheap Charlie
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Let me help you out about the handle. It’s got nothing to with politics. When I moved to Louisiana I found something that didn’t exist in my experience in DC, no AA hookers. When I created a handle on this website and subsequent hooker boards in order to not have to go through the trouble of having an attempted date fall through I incorporated for the hookers that bit of information for their benefit so they could just not respond if no AA was their policy. Had nothing to do with racial identity for myself nor anything else except to help the hookers out. Not maybe that will disillusion you from your simplistic and overly silly thinking.

I do however look forward to your next banning which I suspect won’t take long because irrespective of what you claim, you can’t help but inject race because that is what racists do. I’ll give you a bye bye in advance and I’ll await the return of your other aliases.
I apologize for the wrong assumption concerning your handle. I'm sure the ladies appreciated your honesty. I don't expect to get banned. I haven't called you names or harassed you directly, nor will I. I honestly believe that racism claims in this country are exaggerated and the race card is over played. America is the least racist country in the world, hands down. The Left believes racism is systemic, widespread, and constant. The Right believes racism is virtually nonexistent and a merit based system is warranted. So you and I disagree on this. I will always try to expose and argue what I believe is the truth regarding this issue. You will always do the same. I hope that you DON'T get banned. Free speech is sacred. I wish you no ill fate. I'll make an effort to not make it personal in the future. I wish you well, 1b1.
Cheap Charlie is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:11 PM   #20
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
America is the least racist country in the world, hands down. The Left believes racism is systemic, widespread, and constant.
Why hasn't this been a thread topic? NPR. I know.

A task force in California considers how to compensate the descendants of slaves

Quote:
MOORE: I hope that, you know, this task force sets a precedent not only for what other states can do to atone for their own particular atrocities against this special and unique group of people, but, of course, the federal government as well because, you know, it's primarily the federal government's responsibility. They are the entity that has the big enough purse, for instance, to close the wealth gap, and so I do think that the task force is headed in the right direction in terms of that precedent-setting.

FLORIDO: That was Kamilah Moore, chair of the California Reparations Task Force.

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:28 AM   #21
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Morgan Freeman seems to have a good handle on this.

So does Larry Bird.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:17 PM   #22
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
America is the least racist country in the world, hands down. The Left believes racism is systemic, widespread, and constant. The Right believes racism is virtually nonexistent and a merit based system is warranted.
An ex-colleague and friend of mine was born in Thailand and he's of Indian heritage. Some of his ancestors came to Thailand from India hundreds of years ago.

The guy is very smart. After getting his MBA from a top ten university in the USA, he returned to Thailand to look for a job. He has a Thai name. Prospective employers would look at his resume and get excited. But invariably when he showed up for the interview, he'd get flushed.

Why? Because he was Indian. He told me that in Thai or Buddhist culture, Satan has dark skin, and so people with dark skin are assumed to be akin to Satan among Thais. Anyway, I'm not sure I believe that. But he subsequently left Thailand and now has a prosperous career and business in Canada.

The French are racist when it comes to Moroccans. Germans discriminate against Turks. Argentines against Paraguayans and Mexicans against Guatemalans. And the Japanese discriminate against everyone who's not Japanese.

I'm not as old as, say, Jackie or Speed Racer. But I'm up there. And people my age will tell you there's a world of difference between when we were children and today. America's become a much less racist place. While we're not exactly to the point where the Right thinks we are, in your comments above, we've come a long way. And we're not anywhere close to the worst in the world. By a long shot.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:38 PM   #23
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

So everyone is getting points. I just got five points for insulting someone but I can't see the insult. Is using MAGA an insult? How about saying that I have more experience in some field that someone else an insult?
I'd like to ask the moderator but it is not letting me send him (is it a him, isn't it?) a private message. So, we do this in public.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:28 PM   #24
1blackman1
Valued Poster

See Tiny and I can agree on something. Actually it less rare than it appears I’m sure. I’ve never said anything even close to the US being steeped in racism and being irredeemable. In fact, I’m proof that someone can grow up poor, work hard, get a few degrees and make shit tons of money. I’m also not beyond pointing out that I had to deal with racist assholes on my way up (that’s not completely gone either).

Just a little anecdote from my personal story. When I graduated law school relatively high in my class, I wasn’t offered a single job with a major multi-name firm in Baton Rouge or New Orleans although I had classmates with worse grades get better offers. I did however get an offer from the US Attorney’s Office and the OGC for a federal agency. I took the former in the civil division and ended up still doing litigation for the OGC anyway. After 3 years when I went into the private world I was again denied jobs at the multi-named firms and took a job with a small shop representing some very large clients (including Harrah’s Horseshoe Allstate and FedEx) in complex litigation. I was eventually recruited by a younger partner at a New Orleans multi-name firm which at that time was about 80 years old and the eldest partners were the kids of the founders.

During my interview one of those guys, at that time in his late 70s early 80s, pointed out to me that as long as he’d been at the firm (since his 20s) they’d never even considered hiring a “colored” (his words during the interview). That I was the first one he’d interviewed. During hours of interviews he wasn’t the least bit concerned about my grades (which rightly so were irrelevant at that point), qualifications, trial experience or anything else, just that I wasn’t “one of them”. Now, this wasn’t the 70s 80s or 90s, this was in the 2000s. The younger partners brought me on anyway and I represented some great companies all over the country including Dow and Exxon.

Of course that was a long time ago (nearly 20 years). And just a note, I worked there for years and though I moved up, they didn’t hire another “colored” until my 5th year there and none after, even to this day (though they’ve since merged and subsumed by an even larger firm).

But for people that believe there’s no such thing as institutional racism, that is exactly the situation that’s generally referred to. That particular firm over decades excluded blacks from working there, which precluded some from opportunities while giving those opportunities possibly to less qualified white applicants. There’s a knock on effect to that because that affects partnership tracks and career advancement opportunities for those that were excluded.

Now, it’s not a woe as me because it all worked out for me and continues to do so. I’ve been the general counsel for several very large corporations and I’ve been a partner at a large firm for over a decade and I make a killing in salary and draw. So it’s all good. But it doesn’t work out for many sadly for no other reason than skin color.

But all in all, America is the greatest country on earth but for folks to really believe that racism is nearly or mostly non-existent is pretty stupid.
Old 03-29-2023, 04:41 PM   #25
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

It's obvious that the extremist red race owns this place. They post about 99.9% of the post on here because they have no fkn life lol

I still like making fun of them on occasion butt I'm not a mega cult bot that hangs on here 24/7/365 so they can have a piss poor existence somewhere. I'd never want to live my life that way. It used to make me wonder wtf up with these sad angry people until I figured out trumpy is their life
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 05:33 PM   #26
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmokies View Post
It's obvious that the extremist red race owns this place. They post about 99.9% of the post on here because they have no fkn life lol

I still like making fun of them on occasion butt I'm not a mega cult bot that hangs on here 24/7/365 so they can have a piss poor existence somewhere. I'd never want to live my life that way. It used to make me wonder wtf up with these sad angry people until I figured out trumpy is their life
And yet you're the one that keeps bringing up Trump...
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:48 PM   #27
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
See Tiny and I can agree on something. Actually it less rare than it appears I’m sure. I’ve never said anything even close to the US being steeped in racism and being irredeemable. In fact, I’m proof that someone can grow up poor, work hard, get a few degrees and make shit tons of money. I’m also not beyond pointing out that I had to deal with racist assholes on my way up (that’s not completely gone either).

Just a little anecdote from my personal story. When I graduated law school relatively high in my class, I wasn’t offered a single job with a major multi-name firm in Baton Rouge or New Orleans although I had classmates with worse grades get better offers. I did however get an offer from the US Attorney’s Office and the OGC for a federal agency. I took the former in the civil division and ended up still doing litigation for the OGC anyway. After 3 years when I went into the private world I was again denied jobs at the multi-named firms and took a job with a small shop representing some very large clients (including Harrah’s Horseshoe Allstate and FedEx) in complex litigation. I was eventually recruited by a younger partner at a New Orleans multi-name firm which at that time was about 80 years old and the eldest partners were the kids of the founders.

During my interview one of those guys, at that time in his late 70s early 80s, pointed out to me that as long as he’d been at the firm (since his 20s) they’d never even considered hiring a “colored” (his words during the interview). That I was the first one he’d interviewed. During hours of interviews he wasn’t the least bit concerned about my grades (which rightly so were irrelevant at that point), qualifications, trial experience or anything else, just that I wasn’t “one of them”. Now, this wasn’t the 70s 80s or 90s, this was in the 2000s. The younger partners brought me on anyway and I represented some great companies all over the country including Dow and Exxon.

Of course that was a long time ago (nearly 20 years). And just a note, I worked there for years and though I moved up, they didn’t hire another “colored” until my 5th year there and none after, even to this day (though they’ve since merged and subsumed by an even larger firm).

But for people that believe there’s no such thing as institutional racism, that is exactly the situation that’s generally referred to. That particular firm over decades excluded blacks from working there, which precluded some from opportunities while giving those opportunities possibly to less qualified white applicants. There’s a knock on effect to that because that affects partnership tracks and career advancement opportunities for those that were excluded.

Now, it’s not a woe as me because it all worked out for me and continues to do so. I’ve been the general counsel for several very large corporations and I’ve been a partner at a large firm for over a decade and I make a killing in salary and draw. So it’s all good. But it doesn’t work out for many sadly for no other reason than skin color.

But all in all, America is the greatest country on earth but for folks to really believe that racism is nearly or mostly non-existent is pretty stupid.
Thanks for that. It's interesting, even inspiring.

A couple of questions. How far do you think you would have gotten if you'd graduated, say, in 1930 or 1950 or 1970, instead of when you did? And for freshly minted black law school graduates, do you believe there are still substantial barriers to advancement?
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:56 AM   #28
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Can’t say honestly. Likely would still have done well (self confidence speaking) but clearly along some other path. Most definitely would have been excluded from the opportunities afforded me working at a blue blood law firm or the US Attorney’s Office or especially representing clients like Harrahs, Exxon, Dow or FedEx among others. Those would have been excluded altogether. So my path would have been different for me as a black man but would have existed for some white male who may have been less qualified simply based on race.

The landscape today is better than when I graduated. But we’re talking over a quarter century difference. There are more people like me in a position to push for opportunities for black applicants that would simply be ignore or moved to the bottom of the pile. That’s where the irritating whining of the Aces and Wacos and Charlies comes in. They see that as unfair to the white kid because he’s losing the inherent advantage that is afforded him for being white by the people doing the hiring.

As for continued barriers, it’s complicated. It’s like the whole, there can’t be racism because some blacks have been successful. And more have been successful this year than last. Or we had a black president so clearly there can’t be racism. But those are false equivalencies. It’s like saying there can’t be poverty because we have the most millionaires and billionaires. Both things can be true. We can have racists and still have blacks succeed. We have racism exist in the administration of justice and still have people treated fairly. That’s when we get into complex discussions of disparate effect. I guess I’ll say the tendrils of racist behaviors by a few can reach far, so it doesn’t take most whites to take racist actions for them to have a farther reaching effect than might be obvious on the surface. If you think racism stops at person A calling person B a racist epithet then sure racism in the US is less prevalent. If person A has any authority in hiring or writing tickets or making arrests, or screening calls, etc, their impact could more far reaching.

Even with me and several others be watchful of the hiring and recruiting partners my current firm has nearly 80 lawyers over 4 states and we’ve hired 3 black attorneys in the past 8 - 9 years out of around 20 associates, and maybe made offers to 2 more out of nearly 30 total offers over that time. And the funny thing about it is my partners, though mainly conservatives and republicans, aren’t racist, at least not intentionally. They just sit down in interviews and when they see someone that reminds them of younger versions of themselves or have similar backgrounds to themselves feel that kindred spirit and it affects their hiring practices (it differs from the old man in my experience who just didn’t really want a black in his firm).

institutional racism is likely misnamed. Maybe I can say it like this. Incongruent access to opportunities across the board may not be instituted intentionally but exist but because of the norm of hiring people you like for some subjective reason (he’d make a great golf buddy, he reminds me of a young me) rather than people who are most qualified for the work tends to promote the hiring of sameness. So as long as the people doing the hiring are mainly white that hiring will skew white (which in turn does hamper some opportunities).

We’ve come a long way in the legal field in my little over a quarter century but I wouldn’t call it a meritocracy or anything close. Check the roster for say Liskow Lewis (based outta Houston - nice blood blood firm). They have around 160 attorneys in Louisiana and Texas. They do the primary work for Exxon and Shell. They’ve been around since the 40s. See how many black partners they have and how many black associates. That might give you some idea of whether opportunities are now even without roadblocks.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:45 AM   #29
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Everywhere in life people identify in groups and us vs.them.

Look around the world. Remember the Hatfields vs. McCoys. When you were a little kid you identified with your own small neighborhood. An outsider ventures in...something odd or strange.

"He's not like us" is sometimes overheard.

Perhaps your city had a north and south side, with a high school in the north and south. You could not relate to the other school individuals, even though you were basically exactly the same. Then, high school over...the identification over...then all the same again.

Entire cultures and countries experience what is discussed in this thread. Use the Philippines and Japan for example, get close to the people, and you will get some insight.

Does this have a part in this discussion ? Perhaps a small part...or a large part.

Morgan Freeman advises we should just get on with it, and stop talking about it.

People still like to make jokes they feel are in good fun and not offensive. For lack of a better example, Italians loving their pasta and spaghetti. But maybe this is not even appropriate or possible any longer.

Most likely 100 years from now will be different and better than today.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:44 AM   #30
1blackman1
Valued Poster

I don’t disagree, just trying to give a more impactful rationale as to the ignorance that’s spewed like “racism is nearly non-existent”. That’s dumb. One can disagree on its impact without saying dumb ignorant shit. Well some people can at least but that takes some common sense which I can’t say that everyone on this site has. Or some people are just racist and can’t help themselves.

I mean, some kids and admin were killed at a Christian school and one ignorant racist redneck dickwad felt it necessary to point out that one victim was black and possibly Christian. For what reason except in his simple dumbass mind that’s something that matters. Simpletons will be simpletons.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women