Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47433
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
atxbrad
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default The secrets to cooking ribs

Nothing in the sandbox yet so I figured, what the hell.
How do you cook ribs so they come out perfect?

My ribs always seem to be a big hit and here is what I do:

wrapped in foil 2hrs @ 300degrees in the oven. let cool until you can handle them, baste in homemade sauce (not giving that one away) move to very hot charcoal grill and sear turning mutilple times and continue with sauce as I turn the ribs till i get a little crunch on the top side.

I always use pork baby backs. You can slide the bone right out of them (non-hobby speaking)
atxbrad is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
gman44

Encounters: 203

I'm not a cooking expert, I'm an eating expert but I heard the secret to cooking great ribs is the sauce you use
gman44 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
tcreative2
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

hello brad .......... I've got a little experience cooking ribs ........ the secret to ribs is smoking them rather than a grill ......... use a commerical rub or make your own just remember that salt causes the meat to give up it's water so save it till serving and leave it out during the prep and cooking ..... I marinate the ribs overnight in a mixture of orange juice, apple cider vinegar, smashed garlic cloves and smashed onions ........ after it's marinated I pat it dry and apply the rub, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit overnight again ......... your smoker should have at least two feet distance between the fire and the meat for ribs, they're so thin that they will cook too quick with direct heat ......... make a foil tray to set the ribs in inside the smoker ........ keep the smoker at between 250 and 300 degrees and cook for about 4 hrs ........ the juices released will be caught in the foil and keep the ribs moist and basted through out the cooking process ......... for the last hour remove the ribs from the foil and let them crust up a little ....... after the ribs are done cut them up as you plan to serve them and put them in a container you don't mind putting in the smoker ........ simmer the ribs in the sauce for another half hour and then serve
tcreative2 is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Guest021510
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

C'mon now, Brad, yuh cain't do no barbecuing inside! I have a great big smoker/pit, put the wood in the low fire box, get the heat in the main cooking area to 250 degrees, but no higher. I put a dry rub on the ribs, but usually only like 30 minutes before putting them on. Put the ribs in foil, but don't close the foil, close the pit, and crack open the first beer. I turn the ribs over about every 30 minutes. Usually takes about 4 hours, sometimes longer, depending on how many ribs are on there, or until the 12 pack or case is gone. Put barbecue sauce on the ribs in the last 30 minutes, or sometimes go without sauce. They always seem pretty good, but I guess drinking 12 beers or so beforehand may have something to do with that too.
Guest021510 is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Onceler
Gaining Momentum

TGFBI,
Now I like that approach. Even if the ribs turn out like tire rubber, at least the beer is cold.

Onceler
...it's all about the sauce...
Onceler is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
Milomind
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Being originally from the South, I'm partial to pork spare ribs done by the Rendezvous, or maybe Corky's.

Rendezvous grills their ribs over charcoal after applying a nice rub. No smoking, no oven, and there's a basting sauce but they're not cooked in a bbq sauce. That's how I cook mine. Raichlen has the recipe in his book on Ribs, but it's easily found online. Rub, grill, direct then indirect.

Corky's is more of a wet rib, but still an excellent choice. I'd never turn down a rack from Corky's.

If anyone wants to have a lengthy argument/discussion/debate/eyegouging session regarding the 'correctness' of beef as BBQ, I'm always up for it!
Milomind is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Step 1. put on pants
2. get in car
3. drive to driftwood
4. buy ribs from the Saltlick, eat.
5. waddle to car
6. go home take a nap
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Sexy Roxanne
Account Disabled

User ID: 4139
My ECCIE Reviews

Hell, do I hear a cook off for us nice ladies??? We will be the judges.....
Sexy Roxanne is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
guest021911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8
Talking

Brad - Greybeard has a lot of good info in his thread. I cook mine on my Big Green Egg and it's BY FAR the BEST outdoor cooker I've ever had. I've had several different kinds and this beats all others hands down. Google Big Green Egg to get all the scoop. The best dry rub that I have found is Grub Rub. I cook mine for approx 4 hrs at 250. The last hour I wrap them in foil. They come out tender as a mother's love and taste as good or better than the big boys. If you don't wanna do all this, just throw them in the microwave and put ketchup on them.
guest021911 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women