Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35179
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 08-24-2019, 06:36 AM   #91
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

User ID: 398083
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabadabbado View Post
Just because something goes mainstream doesn’t suddenly make it ok in all due respect ma’am. I’m a naturally funny guy, but certain topics are never funny. I don’t follow trends, most people don’t really do anything that makes any sense anyway because most are followers. It’s like the weird kid who doesn’t have any social skills anyway, so they hop on dr Mendele jokes, oven jokes, shower jokes etc because they never personally experienced that horror. We can be funny without making light of real life tragedies that caused actual pain and that’s not preaching but again, hey do you folks.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0926151735.htm

"Doctors and other medical professionals occasionally joke about their patients' problems. Some of these jokes are clearly wrong, but some joking between medical professionals is not only ethical, it can actually be beneficial, concludes an article in the Hastings Center Report.

The author, Katie Watson, bridges the worlds of medical ethics and comedy: she is an assistant professor in the Medical Humanities and Bioethics Program at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University and she teaches improvisation and writing at The Second City Training Center in Chicago. What prompted her to explore the ethics of gallows humor in medicine was the story a doctor friend told her in which, years earlier, he and other residents tried unsuccessfully to save a teenage pizza delivery boy who had been shot while delivering their dinner.

After finding the pizza box where the boy dropped it before running from his attackers, one of the residents made a joke: "How much you think we ought to tip him?" The residents laughed, and then ate the pizza.

"Was it wrong to make a joke?" the doctor asked.

This question intrigued Watson as a bioethicist, she says, "because it is about moral distress, power imbalances between doctors and patients, and good people making surprising choices."

While there is a lot of literature on humor in medicine generally, particularly about clinician-patient interactions and the health benefits of laughter, she says there is relatively little that addresses gallows humor in medicine, which usually occurs between health care providers, and treats serious, frightening, or painful subject matter in a light or satirical way.

"The claim that being a physician is so difficult that 'anything goes' backstage misuses the concept of coping as cover for cruelty, or as an excuse for not addressing maladaptive responses to pain," Watson writes. "However, blanket dismissals of gallows humor as unprofessional misunderstand or undervalue the psychological, social, cognitive, and linguistic ways that joking and laughing work. Physicians deserve a more nuanced analysis of intent and impact in discussions of when gallows humor should be discouraged or condemned in the medical workplace."

Watson's analysis draws on literature from the humanities and social sciences on why we joke and on various uses of humor, including "backstage" humor that serves as a bonding and coping mechanism among insiders and "bullying jokes." She also observes changing standards in the backstage humor of doctors and medical students -- whereas "cadaver antics," in which medical students clowned around with body parts, were once a rite of passage, today they are "rarely tolerated, and the modern approach frames cadavers as former people."

Deciding when gallows humor is okay, Watson says, turns on the ethical question, When is joking a form of abuse -- of a patient, of trust, or of power? A joke about a patient's condition told in front of the patient or the patient's family is unethical because it has the potential to harm them. But she concludes that the tip joke was not wrong. "To me, the butt of the doctors' tip joke is not the patient. It's death," she writes.

Not only did the joke not harm anyone, she adds, it may have helped the residents "integrate this terrible event and get through the shift." In so doing, the joke may also have helped the next patient get the best possible care."
Old 08-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #92
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyKatie View Post
Guess what? Reading is your friend and you might wanna go back and read my post again. I never said it was right or wrong. I said it was mainstream.

DO NOT PREACH TO ME. This is not about right or wrong.

You are a fuckwaffle on a SHMB and you are no better than anyone else here. I suggest you get off your high horse. You already made an ass of yourself with me, and now everyone else here.

How do you come to a board where everyone else has known each other for years and tell everyone how to conduct themselves? You got a lot of nerve. Instead of getting to know the people here, you just show up and preach to everyone and tell everyone to do things your way, and do it now, or you cry about it.

There are things in this world, and on this board I don't like. But I sure don't demand people do everything I want. I know for sure folks on this board will laugh at me and rip me a new one if I expected to be catered to.

You sure do expect everyone to cater to you. You want everything your way.

Are you going to go protest at AMC too?

fuckwaffles do what fuckwaffles do. The fuckwaffle is not self aware enough to realize that he is not naturally funny.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #93
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
fuckwaffles do what fuckwaffles do. The fuckwaffle is not self aware enough to realize that he is not naturally funny.
It was actually the funniest thing he said, that he was naturally funny, lol.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #94
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Fuckwaffle is a very good description
Old 08-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #95
Yabadabbado
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyKatie View Post
Guess what? Reading is your friend and you might wanna go back and read my post again. I never said it was right or wrong. I said it was mainstream.

DO NOT PREACH TO ME. This is not about right or wrong.

You are a hobbyist on a hobbiest board and you are no better than anyone else here. I suggest you get off your high horse. You already made an ass of yourself with me, and now everyone else here.

How do you come to a board where everyone else has known each other for years and tell everyone how to conduct themselves? You got a lot of nerve. Instead of getting to know the people here, you just show up and preach to everyone and tell everyone to do things your way, and do it now, or you cry about it.

There are things in this world, and on this board I don't like. But I sure don't demand people do everything I want. I know for sure folks on this board will laugh at me and rip me a new one if I expected to be catered to.

You sure do expect everyone to cater to you. You want everything your way.

Are you going to go protest at AMC too?
You go from 0-100 really quick ma’am. I have an opinion. I express my opinion. Simple I don’t want to impose my opinion on anyone else, it’s my opinion. Although it is probably the right opinion to have. I have no concept of what a fuckwaffle is in all honesty. Like this isn’t where I wanted this conversation to go so I’ll kindly bow out. Thanks....
Old 08-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #96
Guest090819-3
Account Disabled

Quote:
...I’ll kindly bow out....
Your best option

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
fuckwaffles do what fuckwaffles
Dammint taint penguin, now I want waffles. Fuck!
Old 08-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #97
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
Your best option
Except he's bowed out of this thread at least twice before. He keeps coming back to try to shame a bunch of shameless fuckwaffles(thanks threesides) while asserting the he is entitled to his opinion but changing his own story. At first he was hearing about it from grandparents in law. Now he's acting like it was him who was locked In a camp. His very credibility is now in question. Next thing you now he'll be demanding reparations for his suffering.

Humor can be sarcastic, ironic, poignant among other things. Even the Greeks understood that out of tragedy comes humor and vice versa.

There is truth in the 10 year rule that Dorian mentioned. There is truth in CK's post regarding gallows humor. The fact is that the OP doesn't recognize or acknowledge what Psychologists know. I wonder if he's ever expressed such disgust of the phrase "Drinking the Kool Aid". That too has become mainstream.
Yet he continues to Express his disgust to a bunch of fuckwaffles who do know but really dont give a shit. He's a sheep who has walked into a wolf den and continues coming back to give another leg and another pint. That's funny too. This is the shit we live for on this board.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #98
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Humor can be sarcastic, ironic, poignant among other things. Even the Greeks understood that out of tragedy comes humor and vice versa
Is that right? So when are you folks gonna start making fun of the 911 victims and parodying Osama Bin Laden. When are yall gonna start making fun of the Slave trade and all its brutality. When are yall gonna start making fun of all the young victims of the Sandy hook massacre?

I get yall have this inside joke going on Hitler and the Holocaust and yall have your fun time with yalls crew or clik but it doesnt take away from the OP being right. If such bad joke attempts at genocide offend him then he's within his right to voice concerns without being attacked. yalls tight knit crew would have more credibility if yall were brave enough to joke about 911, slavery, and other mass killings of innocent people. I see thus far you're unwilling to cross those lines eh?

Yall are allowed to openly and flagrantly get away with so many rule violations makes you wonder why. But its yall's so called creative niche I guess.

Carry on.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #99
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemonkey View Post
I’m actually Jewish and think jts funny. So sit back and enjoy a complimentary shower and ash tray and have fun. This is a degenerate filled board for Fuer sakes!
^^^^ And there you have it......trust me, jm is a leading authority on degenerates.....
Old 08-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #100
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel View Post
Is that right? So when are you folks gonna start making fun of the 911 victims and parodying Osama Bin Laden. When are yall gonna start making fun of the Slave trade and all its brutality. When are yall gonna start making fun of all the young victims of the Sandy hook massacre?

I get yall have this inside joke going on Hitler and the Holocaust and yall have your fun time with yalls crew or clik but it doesnt take away from the OP being right. If such bad joke attempts at genocide offend him then he's within his right to voice concerns without being attacked. yalls tight knit crew would have more credibility if yall were brave enough to joke about 911, slavery, and other mass killings of innocent people. I see thus far you're unwilling to cross those lines eh?

Yall are allowed to openly and flagrantly get away with so many rule violations makes you wonder why. But its yall's so called creative niche I guess.

Carry on.
Threaten any more women lately?

Carry on.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #101
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
You go from 0-100 really quick ma’am. I have an opinion. I express my opinion. Simple I don’t want to impose my opinion on anyone else, it’s my opinion. Although it is probably the right opinion to have. I have no concept of what a fuckwaffle is in all honesty. Like this isn’t where I wanted this conversation to go so I’ll kindly bow out. Thanks....
Welcome to foreplay
Old 08-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #102
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
Your best option

Dammint taint penguin, now I want waffles. Fuck!
If you ask me, Pyramider is truly the most offensive poster here. He keeps teasing us with waffles but never brings us any.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #103
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Except he's bowed out of this thread at least twice before. He keeps coming back to try to shame a bunch of shameless fuckwaffles(thanks threesides) while asserting the he is entitled to his opinion but changing his own story. At first he was hearing about it from grandparents in law. Now he's acting like it was him who was locked In a camp. His very credibility is now in question. Next thing you now he'll be demanding reparations for his suffering.

Humor can be sarcastic, ironic, poignant among other things. Even the Greeks understood that out of tragedy comes humor and vice versa.

There is truth in the 10 year rule that Dorian mentioned. There is truth in CK's post regarding gallows humor. The fact is that the OP doesn't recognize or acknowledge what Psychologists know. I wonder if he's ever expressed such disgust of the phrase "Drinking the Kool Aid". That too has become mainstream.
Yet he continues to Express his disgust to a bunch of fuckwaffles who do know but really dont give a shit. He's a sheep who has walked into a wolf den and continues coming back to give another leg and another pint. That's funny too. This is the shit we live for on this board.
His moral compass is quite flexible and rather shady.

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=118

You recall this thread in which a provider confessed to spiking a man's drink with a substance that could have proved fatal?

I am not bringing that up to throw shade on her, and therefore won't bring up her name, because I have no judgement on that situation.

Yabbadabbado had great sympathy for her when others were morally outraged.

I bring this up to ask this question - He is here to pass judgement on others posting dark humor which are nothing more than memes, but had no sympathy for a man who could have died???

So what qualifies justified outrage and when does it begin and end?

Strange how he picks and chooses what qualifies as offensive and how he believes his opinion is the ultimate measure of morality on this board.

Maybe he should get over himself.

BTW Boardman, you are all sexy when you are being serious. I can't help but wonder if you are posting this while wearing your Spiderman suit.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #104
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Sc....You need to stay on topic.
Want to start a new thread?
Use this.....

_____
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel View Post
If you continue with your harrassment I'm gonna officially report you to St.C you've been warned cease and desist. Next time either the mods will deal with you or I will be forced to make you waste your money on an attorney. I've given you a fair amount of time lament and get it out of your system. Enough is enough. I will serve you legally through this site if you continue with the harrassment and slander.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #105
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Hey OP your feelings are justified. They clearly have no answer for such horrific jokes (other than to deflect and pivot) at the expense of those dead Jews. I have no answer for why Jews are allowed to be picked on. You just take your complaint up with admins or even the site owner. I'm more than sure the owner wouldnt allow this if it offends you. When in doubt go seek a higher ruling if you're not getting answers locally. Rules should not be ignored just because a small group of people think it's funny. Just my view on it
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women