Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70396
biomed160372
Yssup Rider59877
gman4452895
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47460
pyramider46370
bambino40289
CryptKicker37069
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35232
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Are you better off than you were four years ago ?
Yes 52 57.14%
No 31 34.07%
The same 8 8.79%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #46
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosherCowboy View Post
'Facts' can be skewed every which way you want, I watched FOX news last night and it appeared the economy was in shambles, I switched to the Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC and wow!; what a difference. The economy was thriving, her #'s and guests made it look like the roaring 20's and America was on top of the world..

Point being, #'s can be created, twisted, skewed etc. for either side to make a point.

But the ' over the next few years' is part of what I feel is the problem. We heard that almost four years ago. There are more ' Joe the Plumbers' out of work today than than. The rich will always be rich, most of the guys on this board who have been here for 3+ years can afford a 'luxury item' such as a hooker or a meal at Sullivan's just as they could 'yesterday.' But we're not going to see the votes of the unemployed in this poll, they can't afford to spend $ like we do and dropped off.

They don't trade Vaginal Futures like they do Crude in the trading pits in lower Manhatten but some ladies, not all, are offering cheap half hours, even 15 minutes and in some cases Blow and go's, not like years ago. I can get an hour today for $150-$200 ( or more) but 3 years ago+ had to pay $200-$300. There were no 15 min sessions ( unless skank) back than and 30 minute sessions than were probably reserved for regulars or offered by only 25% of the ladies, and those rates were what we pay for an hour today in some cases...

So the guys voting aren't really hurting ' that bad' , P4P is not for the broke.

but Main Street America is, they don't have time to wait. The kids need food tomorrow, not in 4 years. The mortgage payment is due tomorrow, not in four years. The phone, gas, electric and cable TV/internet bill are due tomorrow, not in four years. Little johnny graduated high school last month but wants to go to college this fall, not in four years.

Unless Obama is going to pay the bills for them himself those folks are tired of hearing ' tomorrow'; they were promised ' tomorrow years ago' and now that tomorrow has come and is called ' today' they are no better off than they were when the empty promise was made.

I'm not better off than I was four years ago, doing about the same. I can't afford to fly to Paris to shop, to dine 2-3 times a week at 4-5 star restaurants or buy shirts for over $50.00 but at the same time I am grateful I'll never have to worry about food to eat or a roof over my head or not having health insurance and money to get get my Hebrew National All Beef Hot Dog sucked and fucked..

but sadly, less of America can say that today than yesterday, IMHO..

As to home prices, a few pockets of America have seen increases, average them in with the losers than one can make a case home prices haven't fallen much if you toy with the numbers but reality is in your local MLS in all 50 states. Have your realtor look up your subdivision and your zip code and pull all the comps to the Bush years, 90% of folks who do that in America would more likely than not be told they lost value..
The idea everything will change with a new president is wishful thinking. Things won't get much better. Obama will get blamed for everything. The people who'll say he deserves it will forget Part D, 2 wars, 3 trillion in tax cuts that........did what?

Can't wait for the, "You're in denial." "No I'm not." "Yes you are." "No I'm not." etc. (It could be, "You're argumentative." "No I'm not.")
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #47
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

For those who have commented and are following the housing market, here is an article of interest. Interpret how you wish.

Homeowners in Denial About Value of Properties

ANN CARRNS, On Tuesday July 19, 2011, 2:00 pm EDT
Homeowners, especially those who bought their houses after the real-estate bubble burst, are still having trouble accepting just how much the values of their properties may have fallen, says a new report from the real-estate site Zillow.
Current sellers who bought their homes in 2007 or later, an analysis of the site's home listings shows, are overpricing their properties by an average of 14 percent.
Sellers who bought their houses before the bubble, and those who bought during the big run-up in home values, also are overpricing their homes, but not by as much. Those who bought before 2002 are pricing their homes roughly 12 percent over market value, while those who bought from 2002-06 price them about 9 percent over market value.
In the analysis, Zillow compared the asking price of one million homes for sale to the homes' previous purchase price, then factored in the change in the Zillow Home Value Index for the respective ZIP code, to determine an estimate of that home's current market value.
Stan Humphries, Zillow's chief economist, says those who bought post-bubble, in 2008, 2009 or later, seem to think they escaped the worse of the housing market debacle and tend to price their homes too high as a result. But 2006 was just the start of the housing recession, which continues today; home values are now down nearly 30 percent from the market's peak. And, values have fallen about 12 percent from January 2009 through May of this year, he says.
That means, he says, that even people who bought after the bubble burst need to take a hard look at what has happened in their local market since they bought their home. Traditionally, people tend to overprice their homes a bit anyway, to allow room for negotiation. But unrealistic overpricing in the current environment, he says, means properties stagnate.
Sellers, he said, need primarily to consider comparable sales and asking prices in their market when setting an asking price for their home. Factoring in what they paid for their home, or how much they owe on their mortgage, "leads to conclusions that are divorced from the outside market," he said, and the market determines whether a buyer is interested in your house: "The buyer doesn't care what you paid or what your mortgage is."
Of course, some sellers who owe more than their house is worth are limited in how low they can price their home because selling for less than their mortgage means they'll have to negotiate a short-sale with their bank. "They're hoping against hope that they can sell at a higher price," Mr. Humphries said.

But others are simply faced with a reluctance -- understandable, to be sure -- to sell the house for less than they paid. "They could price more aggressively, but there's a psychological hurdle," he says. "They don't want to realize a loss."

Humphries foresees home values continuing to fall through the middle of next year for a variety of reasons, including persistent unemployment, a significant pipeline of homes in foreclosure, as well as high rates of homes with negative equity, which means many more will likely end up in foreclosure. A return to a "normal" market is likely at least three away, he says.

Is your home on the market? What factors went into your asking price?
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women