Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40280
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 04-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
Jake B
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75
Default Cuff Links

Hi Folks,

Are these still in style? Where's a good place to shop for some. What should they match? What female accessory could be considered the counterpart of cuff links?

Thanks in advance,

Jake
Jake B is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

I just saw this video today. It's only a couple of minutes long, but it should answer your questions.
http://www.businessinsider.com/mens-...SUjjEqkAzrhNfQ
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
Jake B
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

Thanks!
Jake B is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
GTDADDY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

For those that wearing a suit to work is the norm, and taking off you jacket and rolling up your sleeves is considered casual Friday, here are some tips.
DO NOT use tie pins. They put hoes in the tie and will ruin expensive silk ties.
Tie Bars/ Clasps are out of fashion or considered 60's throw backs.
Instead I buy a nice ladies anklet, fasten it through one of the button holes of my shirt. It looks great, holds the tie from falling in the soup and if out on a romantic evening, makes a nice parting gift for the lady. Available in most department stores and jewelry stores.
Cuff Links are still the top fashion for men. I prefer the the single ones O-/ to the double ones O-O. the former hold better and are easier to put on. You can get them at most high end Mens shops, and department stores. They can be inexpensive to VERY expensive. Gold/Silver/Platinum, go with anything. I usually try to coordinate with the tie, i.e., blue tie, links have blue in them, red tie, you get the idea.
The king of male jewelry is the Watch. Unfortunately this is going out of style for the younger generation that use their smart phone as their time piece. A Rolex is considered the entry point for fine watches, but there is a vast array of expensive watches, patek Philippe, Cartier, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Piaget, Tissot, Blancpain, and Tudor to mention just a few. You can go from classic to Bling with any of these brands.
Women will always look at your shoes and your watch to size up your income potential.
GTDADDY is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Zhivago52
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

I've a collection of very nice cufflinks. Unfortunately do not wear them as often as I should. One needs the right shirt, and the right coat/sport coat. To do it right, the sport coat is usually cut a quarter inch shorter on the sleeve if one is invested in french cuffs and cufflinks. Would make for a nice little vignette roleplay.....a nude woman in heels removing my cufflinks would be a nice touch.
Zhivago52 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #6
pickupkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 77

I like cufflinks....
pickupkid is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I wear them and find mine in pawn shops.

I go with ones from the 1930's

If I see a pawn shop I have to go in and buy at least one set.

Most pawn shops know me by name in different states.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #8
Zhivago52
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

If I remember correctly, the Playboy Bunny outfit back in the day included just the white cuff on the wrist adorned with cufflinks. It was a small detail, but a nice touch on a classy looking, yet erotic "look". And the collar was also nice.

Zhivago52 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #9
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

Wow, shouldn't you be G*Q*DADDY? Here are my thoughts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDADDY View Post

DO NOT use tie pins. They put hoes in the tie and will ruin expensive silk ties.

You know, I've used expensive silk ties to bind submissive hoes and yes, if those hoes get feisty, they may ruin those expensive ties. And yes, those tie pins are to be avoided. They can stick people.

Tie Bars/ Clasps are out of fashion or considered 60's throw backs.

Have you not seen "Mad Men"? Retro 60's is in and see this article from that noted fashion mag, the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...&mg=reno64-wsj

Instead I buy a nice ladies anklet, fasten it through one of the button holes of my shirt. It looks great, holds the tie from falling in the soup and if out on a romantic evening, makes a nice parting gift for the lady. Available in most department stores and jewelry stores.

Now that's a good idea!!

Cuff Links are still the top fashion for men.

One of the top providers in my area had a true fetish for French cuffs and cuff links, so your shirt never came off. Sometimes the simplest things work wonders.

awl4knot is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
Frethnkr
Gaining Momentum

I wear cuff links every day great place to look is Tiffany's or James Avery
Frethnkr is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #11
GTDADDY
Valued Poster

awl4knot, thanks for you comments. I didn't use "GQ" Daddy because I didn't want the ladies thinking "Good Quick" Daddy instead of "Good Time" Daddy.
GTDADDY is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #12
Squarenot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

I like cuff links, but one should be thoughtful about wearing them. You don't want to bling it up too much, especially by out dressing your boss. Too much bling can be off-putting to many. Especially if you have a serious job and have a lot of contact with clients/customers. If you are a funeral director, it may not be a good idea to wear smiley ties and a lot of bling. On the other hand, a used car salesman can get away with most anything. I think age factors into it too. For example, younger guys may have a harder time getting away with cuff-links than the senior managers.
When I wore a suit every day, I learned to dress very conservatively. It was easier than matching plaid shirts and striped ties. Quality, classic suits would last longer and never go out of style. Brooks Brothers, Hickey Freeman, etc. Never a sport coat to work and never loafer shoes. Always classic laced shoes with dark OTC socks. Earlier in my career, I always wore Brooks Brothers button down shirts (always long sleeve) in white or blue. They go on sale every now and then. Later in my career when I got into senior management, I bought high quality shirts with french cuffs and wore cuff links. I think that a tie bar could work, depending on the tie, etc., but never a tie pin. I like to keep it simple, yet classy and non distracting. Tie ornaments tend to bling it up too much for my taste.
I feel pretty much the same way about a watch. Why wear one? I know what time it is within a minute or so anyway or I can look at my smart phone, if necessary. A watch can say a lot about a man who feels like he needs to impress.
Squarenot is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Steven Shaver Designs does some original ones made from the bearings of various vehicles (Ferrari, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Rover, Porsche, even Ford and Chevy) which are unique and reasonable in price. Burberry and Dunhill also do some nice yet reasonable in price ones also. Just depends on your taste.
bladtinzu is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
Prime Time
Neon Deion

No, go with a black Daytona Rolex instead.
Prime Time is online now   Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #15
mm-good
Expanding boundaries...

Encounters: 70

I like to wear French cuffs when I west a suite. I have a few from Tiffany's that are classy and simple. They don't bring any risk of out showing the boss as long as SHE wears her normal jewelry or he has any sense of style.

Never was one. For the tie bar or pin -way too restrictive -chains are good-love the anklet tip!

As far as coordination - cuff links, tie chain, lapel pin, belt buckle all need to coordinate...

Shoes always top end . Don't skimp there or on the belt. Always high quality, clean , polished to the 9's.

"Loafers are for loafers" I was told by a mentor
mm-good is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women