Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59894
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47502
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35314
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #91
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Camille, here's a graph for you.

I'm sorry that it isn't pretty and colorful, but it certainly is informative!

It depicts the strong inverse correlation between the top capital gains tax rate and taxable realizations:

Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #92
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
PJ..you're getting as frisky with the graphs and charts as WTF is with his links
Keep 'em coming though...I love me a graph!

C x
Well darlin, you know how much I love to turn on a lady.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #93
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Those of you arguing about tax can go suck wind.

Most of us can't get excited about how we are taxed, or anything like that. We don't have enough income, capital gains or otherwise, to make a difference in any kind of tax structure. Nor do we have the influence, political, financial or otherwise to make a difference.

We can't imagine any structure that would be much different than the one now. And I'm too busy scratching out enuf cash to live on a shoestring than to spend any wasted time on this subject.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #94
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Weren't you the guy that started this thread?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #95
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Yeah, but it has devolved from the facts about Reagan to tax politics and theory. My OP was fairly limited in its subject matter.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #96
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Yeah, but it didn't turn out as good as he planned.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #97
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I thought it turnrded rather well
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #98
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I thought it turnrded rather well
Kind of slow witted tonight, huh?
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #99
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Tonight?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #100
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Tonight?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #101
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Ronnie transfered our wealth to the Defense Industry and Bush to the Bankers, with Obama's help!

Quote:

In most years, according to the extremely pro-Reagan site, Congress increased Reagan's budgets. On top of that, this extra debt accrued interest. All told Congress's share of the increase totaled $0.29 trillion—but that's far less than the $1.60tn increase under Reagan.
The green line in the graph shows what would have happened if Reagan had proposed budgets that let the debt increase in step growing with inflation and the economy—if he had kept it at a constant fraction of GDP. That's not much to ask of a guy who said he'd do far better than before him, since every previous post-war president had actually reduced the debt as a fraction of GDP. The slight upward slope of the green line is due to the Congressional budget increases
Just to make sure we are back on topic like some of you Ronnie apologist requested.

Pray do tell where the author went wrong? Surely not Saint Ronnie started all this? There must be a mistake in the author's calculation.

When will you boys do the first step and admit Ronnie's problem?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #102
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

WTF, we appreciate how much you love that graph -- this is the third time you've posted it, if you count the link to it in post #80. But all it does is represent the imaginative fantasies of some polemicist who obviously has an axe to grind.

And why do you keep persisting with whatever silly statement or non sequitur you want, irrespective of what others have posted?

Quote:
When will you boys do the first step and admit Ronnie's problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Where Reagan failed was in allowing government growth and spending to continue unabated. Like every other modern president (except for Bill Clinton) he failed to halt this inexorable expansion.
See what I mean? You pay no attention at all. No wonder someone posted that you seem not to be able to intelligently participate in a discussion. (I was not the one who said that, but I certainly agree!)

Quote:
Pray do tell where the author went wrong?
The author is wrong about almost everything. Just take a look at that stuff you cut & pasted in post #80. One sentence starts out with, "The economic stimulus of that debt..." The guy apparently thinks that running up massive debt is wonderful "stimulus" for the economy. Try telling that to the Greeks or the Japanese.

And just for fun, take a look at this:

http://zfacts.com/p/1159.html#8593

The author obviously has no understanding of what prolonged recovery from the Great Depression, when and why it ended, or the relationship between debt and economic prosperity. Given that, why should anyone take any of his "analysis" seriously?

That's why I suggested that a more appropriate name for that website would be "zmyths.com."
Old 09-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #103
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Just as I thought, Shoot the messanger.

Yawn
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:28 AM   #104
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Just as I thought, Shoot the messanger. [sic]
Well, if you would refrain from posting links to stuff written by people who have no understanding of what they're talking about, you would be able to defend the messenger!

But since that's not the case, people have a tendency to yawn (or laugh!) when they read your clueless posts.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #105
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default an agreement of sorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I"m not going to comment on all the back and forth, but fixing the problem of the gross underpayment by the top few income earners is easy. Tax capital gains and regular income rates once your gains get above a certain number, say $5k or $10k. And make income on muni bonds taxable after say the first $25k.

This isn't politically palatable because it will hit major party donors. But it would solve the problem.
many things have unintended consequences. taxing muni bond income will raise interest rates on state and municipal obligations thus either limiting services, which tend to impact the lower income strata, or causing state and local taxes to rise, impacting again the lower strata from regressive taxes WTF frequently rails against.

to my way of thinking limiting government services to the basics has a certain appeal, however uncertain i am of its ultimate effect. taxing municipal bond interest could be a good thing, perhaps unfunded federal mandates wouldnt be as frequent or as large and people like theresa kerry would have to start contributing to the load; the shawl wearing, out stretched-armed, accent-affected, lover of the "little people".
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women