Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 03-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

I don't know enough about Chaney to compare. I have a general understanding of politics, but think I'm a bit of an intellectual dwarf in that regard. Only because the information I get is from friends, as when I have time to read I'm more interested in literature and the like.

I did read Mein Kampf. Fascinating piece, I feel is worth reading regardless of how it makes you feel (or because of how it makes you feel)

Ramble, ramble, ramble
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #17
Jake2.1
Premium Access

Encounters: 71

To address the back half of her original statement (no pun intended).

I think you are delving into the "what is being paid for" realm. I would love to spend more time with most of the ladies I have been around. But at some point we venture out of the paid relationship and into a friendship. That would probably cause what you are addressing. I would venture to state that by far the bulk of the hobbyists can't afford the normal hourly rates for a bunch of hours. This may sound coarse, but outside of the hobby, the guy pays in spending time to get the sex vs paying in money. So the nature of the business would state that the extra friendship time would be less since money is being substituted for minutes invested. I know, shallow guy, putting it into an equation. But think about the whole societal talk of needing to wait for 3 dates. It is the girl making sure that she is not getting "stiffed" (sorry the puns keep showing up) in the relationship.

If I wanted to spend time becoming a friend, I would have no issues with that, but I would have a hard time paying to become a friend (outside of the normal chivalrous conventions of buying food, paying for events, etc). So the desire is there to be friends but the pocketbook isn't. I would have no issues with a provider wanting to meet in a social situation "off the clock" and then if BCD activities were to commence, the clock would.

I feel like my rambling may be getting myself into trouble with the ladies, so I will back out gently. . .
Jake2.1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #18
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
I don't know enough about Chaney to compare. I have a general understanding of politics, but think I'm a bit of an intellectual dwarf in that regard. Only because the information I get is from friends, as when I have time to read I'm more interested in literature and the like.

I did read Mein Kampf. Fascinating piece, I feel is worth reading regardless of how it makes you feel (or because of how it makes you feel)

Ramble, ramble, ramble

LOL, I still have "Triumph of the Will" in my netflix cue...

Comaparing anyone to Hitler is just insane...he was used as a figurehead, but I suppose they didn't realize just how crazy he was until it was too late.
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Frankly LS, you’ve got a lot of good thoughts and postings. But you’ve got so many thoughts a guy like me can’t possibly keep up. It makes my head hurt.

I do think the gals have to be more reserved around the guys…and likewise the guys have to be more reserved around the gals. Sometimes when a guy appears to be an ass to a gal…he’s not being an ass…he’s just being a guy…and guys know that. Likewise, sometimes when a woman appears to be bitch’n or piss’n & moan’n…at least to some of the guys…she’s just being a gal.

But if you come to this forum and post of a problem or a something you are woeful about…you gotta expect a guy is gonna rush to try and fix that (seems we had this discussion elsewhere ). So, if you’re just venting, you might want to vent in the ladies room as NP suggested.

OTOH, if presented in a calm respectful manner, most anything is fair game for posting. And such postings do tell one about the poster. If that turns somebody off…they probably needed to be turned off anyway.

So, write away. If I only have time to skim it just don’t hold that against me. I’ve got DG’s and WTF’s political rantings to address to try to bring some sanity to their thoughts.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
Jake2.1
Premium Access

Encounters: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
Comaparing anyone to Hitler is just insane...he was used as a figurehead, but I suppose they didn't realize just how crazy he was until it was too late.
There are people to this day that don't realize it.
Jake2.1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #21
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Quote:
LOL, I still have "Triumph of the Will" in my netflix cue...

Hmmm. . .

"Only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others.”

“Words build bridges into unexplored regions.”

"How fortunate for governments that the people they govern often don't think."

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

“It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.”

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes."

Hint: These are not from a Winston Churchill speech, they were all lifted from Mein Kampf.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #22
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

n/m
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #23
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
Hmmm. . .

"How fortunate for governments that the people they govern often don't think."

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

“It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.”

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes."

Hint: These are not from a Winston Churchill speech, they were all lifted from Mein Kampf.
First, thanks for the patronizing and very unneeded "hint"...

Second, I'm sure the Neo-Nazi Party in Berlin will welcome you with open arms.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #24
ANONONE
BANNED

Quote:
First, thanks for the patronizing and very unneeded "hint"...

Second, I'm sure the Neo-Nazi Party in Berlin will welcome you with open arms.
I think you misunderstand. . .

My point is that craziness hides very well when it it is mixed in with national puffery and folksy, home-spun wisdom. We would do well to remember that and should never make the mistake of thinking we could magically avoid a lunatic becoming the leader of our own government and that somehow Germany was some type of social anomaly.

Noelle-Neumann is a fascinating read.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #25
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

LOL, sorry...I have a short fuse today

I just thought you were being a smart-ass, my bad!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #26
ANONONE
BANNED

Quote:
LOL, sorry...I have a short fuse today

I just thought you were being a smart-ass, my bad!
Nope, just giving a perspective on how a large group of people can get duped by a lunatic.

Sorry for diverging off Lauren's topic. . .

She is not a lunatic. She is lucid and provocative. I don't hold it against a provider for exploring issues some may be uncomfortable with. Like ATL, mentioned, it is more about how they go about it.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #27
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
Hmmm. . .

On these two things I actually agree with him.

I think it's quite easy to understand how the people fell for Hitler, and then the fear to speak out when they realized he was a lunatic tyrant. They had just lost the WWI, the people were poor, the nation was humiliated by the Treaty of Versailles.

And here comes this soldier boy, who gives them reason to have pride, handed them a common enemy to despise and ease their wounded psyche, while swearing to reclaim Germany's former glory.

I've always wanted to do some reading about people within the Natzi movement who were helping people escape and sabotaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Frankly LS, you’ve got a lot of good thoughts and postings. But you’ve got so many thoughts a guy like me can’t possibly keep up. It makes my head hurt.
If you said that to anyone who hangs out with me in my life, I think they'd burst out laughing with disbelief. Unless I'm writing, most of those thoughts just bounce around my head. A curse from growing up in solitude, I had a lot of time to think.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #28
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
[So, write away. If I only have time to skim it just don’t hold that against me. I’ve got DG’s and WTF’s political rantings to address to try to bring some sanity to their thoughts.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #29
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post

I've always wanted to do some reading about people within the Natzi movement who were helping people escape and sabotaging.

Check out the story of Sophie Scholl....the "White Rose Movement". She and her brother were university students in Munich who were ultimately executed for distributing anti-Nazi pamphlets. You can read the book or watch the film which is based on actual transcripts from her trial. I've been to the University in Munich and there is a great memorial in her honor.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
xperiment
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Germany post WWI was in a economic depression and landsliding morale. During any type huge type of economic downturn, the more moderate governments are less popular to the more radical parties and viewpoints. When people are desperate, they look for desperate and drastic measures. Hitler was that radical measure that inspired nationalism, spirit, and hope. When he did gain full power, he restored much of the nationalism, economy and pride of the German people. Even before WWII, when the anti-Semitic policies and persecution were in place, German people overlooked it due to Hitler and Nazi regimes restoration of Germany.

Hitler isn't the only instance where this is happened. Throughout history, tyrannical leaders and overthrown governments have gone through similar radical changes and movements. So to say that eventhough we are aware of this event in history, that it would never happen again, is wishful thinking. Won't say it will happen on the same scale but whenever there is darkness and someone(s) show light, the mob will follow sometimes even blindly.
xperiment is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women