Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160312
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 07-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default The smell of hypocrisy.

F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
budman33
Valued Poster

Yes, both sides spend, both sides blame the other. The only reason I am a democrat and not a republican is that they sell FEAR to make policy. Then they make fear happen ... get thanked for pulling us back from the brink. all the while driving over the same cliff.... they see us as sheep and 99% of us go Baaaa
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Bobave
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Apparently you lost your memory and don't recall the economic/fiscal events starting in the 2008-9 window and continuing since.... you know the stuff that's been causing national debt to SKYROCKET. That ain't monopoly money, it has to come out of somebody's pockets (hint: that would be us). I think a little fucking fear is called for, dude.
Bobave is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
melessqr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Bobave's been drinkin' the coolaid.

Seem to recall an ex-govenor of Texas who got all that shit started.
melessqr is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by melessqr View Post
Bobave's been drinkin' the coolaid.

Seem to recall an ex-govenor of Texas who got all that shit started.
There are literally millions upon millions of Republicans who voted for George W. Bush that have conveniently lost track of the entire 8 year period GW was in office. There is a term used for this mysterious malady. It is more commonly known as 'selective memory'. It is easy to pick them out in a crowd. They are the ones wearing blinders!

As far as those afflicted are concerned, every problem known to mankind began before January 20, 2001 or after January 19, 2009. If there is a problem, it is either Clinton's or Obama's fault. GW who?

That's their story and they are sticking to it!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

"That ain't monopoly money" indeed. Too bad no one really gave a shit about out of control spending until Obama took office.

Added to national debt (in billions)

2000: -236.24
2001: -128.24
2002: 157.75
2003: 377.59
2004: 412.73
2005: 318.34
2006: 248.19
2007: 160.94
2008: 458.55

2009: 1850.00
Old 07-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #7
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Default A little quote for you...

Question is... Who said it?

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Question is... Who said it?

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”
A quote from the community organizer in chief as he was voting against raising the national debt ceiling.
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Don't you mean "hypocrite-in-chief"?
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
Txfishkiller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

dont fail to remember the democrats were in charge of both houses of congress for GW Bush and a part of Obummers regime. the fact is the national debt as a % of GNP skyrocketed the past 2 years, which for the record was Obummer, Reid and Pelosi regime. please dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining!
Txfishkiller is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

I don't think there's any question that the debt limit should not be increased, question is at what cost? We are as of right now spending 40% more than our revenue uptake. 40% represents about $1.5 trillion dollars...

As a voter, you're going to have to decide if you're going to pay for Bush's incompetence on the backs of the poor and middle class, or you going to make the tax-dodging top 1% in this country who hold 30% of all the wealth finally pay their fair share?

So let's have it. You going to take that from Social Security that we've all paid in to over the course of our working careers? Perhaps eliminate healthcare for the elderly that have no other means to pay for the outrageous cost of it. Or you could cut our defense budget in it's entirety, how does that sound?

Here's my thought, how about we eliminate those Bush tax cuts that have added $2.5 trillion to our deficit since they were implemented? Better yet, do that AND tax THE LIVING SHIT out of these multinationals until they decide to start bringing back the 3 million jobs they took away from us. Do this, and the REVENUE problem will solve itself.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #12
rCoder
Clit Explorer

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
So let's have it. You going to take that from Social Security that we've all paid in to over the course of our working careers? Perhaps eliminate healthcare for the elderly that have no other means to pay for the outrageous cost of it. Or you could cut our defense budget in it's entirety, how does that sound?
Gladly. The only one of the above with any Constitutional authority is the later, but the feds are only authorized to "provide for a COMMON defense". That's CCC + logistics. Not standing armies. Not wars of aggression. Not wars for oil. Not police the world. Not improve the prez's approval rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
Here's my thought, how about we eliminate those Bush tax cuts that have added $2.5 trillion to our deficit since they were implemented? Better yet, do that AND tax THE LIVING SHIT out of these multinationals until they decide to start bringing back the 3 million jobs they took away from us. Do this, and the REVENUE problem will solve itself.
Better yet, eliminate all taxes not authorized by the Constitution. It's time to force the feds to both tax and spend within the limitations imposed by the contract between the people, states, and feds.
rCoder is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #13
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCoder View Post
Gladly. The only one of the above with any Constitutional authority is the later, but the feds are only authorized to "provide for a COMMON defense". That's CCC + logistics. Not standing armies. Not wars of aggression. Not wars for oil. Not police the world. Not improve the prez's approval rating.
You're going to gladly take 60 million people's retirement and 43 million peoples healthcare away after they've paid in to that fund for all their working lives? Hope you either plan on refunding all that money or have a safe place to hide there buddy, cause I'll be one of the first in line trying to find you.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #14
rCoder
Clit Explorer

Encounters: 6

It's not authorized by the Constitution. Personally I've never expected to see any of my stolen money returned. Anyone with common sense can tell it's a ponzi scheme. What's worse is that the feds have been raiding it's plunder which just accelerated the breaking point.

So yes, I'd be merciful and shut it down today. Waiting for tomorrow to shut it down or have it collapse will just hurt more people.
rCoder is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #15
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCoder View Post
It's not authorized by the Constitution. Personally I've never expected to see any of my stolen money returned. Anyone with common sense can tell it's a ponzi scheme. What's worse is that the feds have been raiding it's plunder which just accelerated the breaking point.

So yes, I'd be merciful and shut it down today. Waiting for tomorrow to shut it down or have it collapse will just hurt more people.
Doesn't it make more logical sense to raise taxes slightly and start making corporations who currently pay no taxes at all start paying their fair share? How do you feel about oil and farm subsidies, or foreign aid? Most would agree that the Bush tax cuts and two pointless wars in the middle east are by and large the main reason we're in the mess we're in now. I find it amusing how no one ever really addresses these facts and would rather start taking away good and useful social programs before ever raising taxes back to where they should be on this demographic. Seeing as you seem to be one of those, what's your hangup with it? Those programs could and have been easily paid in the past. It simply makes no sense to me whatsoever, regardless of one's Constitional beliefs.

We can't afford $700 billion a year to maintain Social Security, but we've spent $1.2 Trillion on those two pointless wars over the last ten years. Medicare is $793 Billion, but we'd rather give a $157 billion a year in tax break for millionaires and billionaires? GE made $14.2 billion in profits last year and paid ZERO in federal tax dollars. Think about that dollar amount for a moment, they could pay half of that money in taxes and still have walked away with over $7 BILLION in profits, and been none the less worse off for it. Why do we allow them to continue selling us their crap if they're not willing to lift a finger to help the people that buy their crap and put money in their pockets benefit just a little from doing so? Until GE and every company like them gives every one of their employees full retirement and medical care for life, you're going to NEED these programs. They simply are not optional.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women