Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 07-31-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101
Exclamation Best Pizzas in DFW?

No, I am not talking about the national chains: Domino's, Pizza Hut, Pappa John's, Little Caesar's, mr. Gattis Pizza, Godfather's Pizza, Jet's Pizza, Pizza Inn, etc etc they are all junk.

I am talking about a Pizza Pie shoppe that actually take the time to mix their own dough using only flour, water, a bit of yeast, salt, olive oil and then let the dough sit and rise for a few hours before it's broken up into individual pieces and molded for different size pizza.

The crust shouldn't be paper thin nor thick.

Chicago Style where it's over 1 inch thick and stuffed with everything?

Fuhgeddaboudit!!

No such thing in Italy.

It's another Americanized cuisine item.

The tomato sauce should be fresh and not out of a tin can.

The cheese should also be fresh and 100% real and not processed.

The Italian sausage should be fresh and not the little bitty chunks kind that came out of a plastic bag.

They should use a very hot oven, encased in metal or brick, burning either coal or wood, with NO door on it, that heats up to 600 degrees and the pizza shouldn't spent more than 5-6 minutes in it.

I have been to a few places that were highly rated and well reviewed like Campisi and Cane Rosso and I was not impressed.

Also if the place sells pizza that have strange toppings like Arugula and Crab Meat and other things that don't belong, I ain't interested.

I lived in Italy for a long long while so I am very very picky about my Italian food.

Most of the top reviewed and Zagat rated Italian restaurants here in Dallas like Lucia's and Nonna do not pass muster with me.

Fake Italian restaurants like Maggiano's, Olive Garden and Carrabba's should be shut down and outlawed.

I found these 2 lists and I will have to investigate:

https://dallas.eater.com/maps/best-p...as-restaurants

https://foursquare.com/top-places/da...t-places-pizza

EDIT:

OOOOPS WRONG BOARD. Should be in Sandbox!

I have PM the MODS asking them to move this.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
nosweat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 60

PieTap-plus lots of hot young pussy at the Henderson location
nosweat is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Dammit, now I want a pizza.......
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
CG2014
Premium Access

Pizza is the perfect food.

You don't need any utensils to eat it.

You can eat it anytime.

You can eat it with one hand while the other hand is doing you know what to your girl of the day.

You can eat it cold or hot.

It's the best thing to eat for breakfast, cold.

it's the only food you can eat every day and you will never get tired of it.

It has 4 of the 5 food groups:

dairy (the cheese), meat and fish (pepperoni and sausage and anchovies), veggies (the tomato sauce and the mushrooms), grain (the wheat in the flour).

Then if you eat it with beer, you will also get the 5th food group: fruit.

Oats, rye and barley are fruits, they are not vegetables.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:32 PM   #5
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

Luigis in rockwall
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:35 PM   #6
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Xactly!! You can roll it up, stack it, fold it.........

Pizza [all pizza] is the best.. and my favorite
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:51 PM   #7
PeterBota
BANNED

Encounters: 28

The pizza shop next door to mini amp land on walnut hill. Great pizza. FREE TOPPINGS. bush ass jizz pick n choose ur combo. Next door to nyny
PeterBota is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:02 PM   #8
Ravasher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I really like Zio Al's pizza. 2 locations in North Dallas. They do a mean stuffed crust. Although I don't know what kind of oven they use.
Ravasher is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #9
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosweat View Post
PieTap-plus lots of hot young pussy at the Henderson location
All pizzas on Tuesday's at their Henderson location are $10.

https://pie-tap.com/wp-content/uploa...HEN_062618.pdf
Old 07-31-2018, 03:14 PM   #10
Amillia_Winter
Edible arrangements

User ID: 16003
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Serious pizza deep Elam https://youtu.be/g1txoZKgmzA
Amillia_Winter is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #11
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amillia_Winter View Post
Serious pizza deep Elam
From the reviews on YELP in the last 30 days, seems like the place has gone down hill:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/serious-piz...t_by=date_desc

Quote:
This place has gone down hill. I enjoy the food, but the cleanliness of the restaurant is abysmal. I used to excuse the hour long wait time for a pizza, but I'll probably never eat in again.

You guys need to hire a busser or janitor to clean the sticky tables, pick up trash from your drunk patrons and open up seating for people waiting. How you manage to pass inspection is beyond me.

The bathrooms last night were horrific, and I doubt they were cleaned on any mandatory schedule. One stall was locked from the inside (presumably broken), the next had an opioid addict grade dump in it, and the third was littered with trash. It not only was not lockable, but didnt even have a locking mechanism on it whatsoever. I opened it on the woman before me and I had it opened on me as well.There were no paper towels, and the floor was trashed. This was at 7PM, so no excuses.

There are flies everywhere, landing on your giant pizza. What is the point of having numbers on your table if the staff is going to run around yelling out the numbers? Who is training your FOH?

Needless to say, I had a hard time eating food with my hands after using the facilities.
Quote:
pizza was okay, however the staff was TERRIBLE. you couldn't even ask them simple questions like when is my pizza going to be ready or can i get some ranch without feeling like you're about to be bitten. I'm from Los Angeles too so i'm kinda used to rude/ rushed workers, but this was crossing a line! I've never met people who hated their jobs that much before ! Like if you hate people don't work with them lol
It seems like the staff is obsessed with the YELLOW LINE you are supposed to stand behind or you will get a very rude abusive yelling:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/serious-pizza-dallas?q=yellow

Just a few reviews out of 16 reviews mentioning the YELLOW LINE:

Quote:
7/27/2108 Before even ordering received awful attitude from black dude behind counter. We were not "asked" but told to get behind "yellow strip" line painted on floor, had the audacity to shake his head, like we were stupid. If it's your 1st time in any joint, how in hell are you suppose to know what you are and aren't suppose to do ? Made a nice 1st impression on our out of state visiting family members. Coke machine was broke, had no ice for drinks... pizza was good though.
Quote:
7/1/2018 stopped in tonight to bring my little brother from out of town because I knew he would get a kick out of the size of the pizza. Ive been a couple times before and the line has always been out of the door but tonight was a week night and the place was empty in comparison to the other times that I've visited. I walked up to the "Order" arrow and was immediately met with a scream from the cashier shouting "My line starts behind the yellow line" at me. There was no signage or anything that instructed that people should wait behind a yellow line. I looked around confused and two ladies next to me told me the same exact thing happened to them. I asked to speak to the manager and he told me - "That's just how we speak to our customers". I wish I was making this up but I am not. I told him there is a difference between speaking loudly and establishing order and that this was not the case. The cashier was flat out rude and this was hands down the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I understand this is a fast food / high paced environment with loud music but it should never be okay to yell at your customers and not care how you treat or speak to them. Using the excuse of "this is just what we do here. That's how we talk to people" is not acceptable. Very disappointed and I will not be back.
Quote:
7/5/2018 This is the most horrible service I've ever received! Very rude staff. I was yelled at because I wasn't standing behind a yellow line. I was the ONLY other person in line. It's not like they were managing a crowd. I then asked if someone could come clean the table off had to go back to ask for a towel to do it our self. Then when the girl brought our salad she yelled at my husband to take the number stand down from the window area. Ummmm we were trying to clean the dirty table off women! Place is very dirty all over and such rude staff I will NEVER come back or refer. I brought my cousin that came from out of town and I'm sooooo disappointed. Get your crap together serious pizza, seriously!
Quote:
8/10/2017 I've been going to Serious Pizza for years. The food always tastes great. The service has always been mediocre, but not as bad as it was today at lunch. As someone mentioned in another review below, DO NOT STAND ON THE YELLOW LINE or you will get yelled at. I didn't stand on it, but the toddler behind me was standing on it in front of his parents and the little pasty chick at the register yelled at them to get behind the yellow line. It was so rude. If you want people to stand behind the yellow line, put words on the yellow line that say STAND BEHIND YELLOW LINE! No one knows what the heck a two foot wide yellow line on the floor means!

They now have one of those touch screen drink machines and the ice wouldn't come out of it for anyone. The man behind me told one of the employees as he was passing about it and the guy just grumbled "it works" and walked off. It was also out of Coke and Dr. Pepper.

It took them 45 minutes to cook my calzone. We checked on it about 20 minutes after I ordered it and they said that it was in the oven. Another 15 minutes later, I finally got it. The guy next to ordered a calzone and he got his in about 15 minutes. I think they forgot to make mine until I asked about it.

The people that work at Serious Pizza all have that "I'm tatted up, so I'm way cooler than you" attitude. No one likes people like that. This is coming from someone that has about 20 tattoos - except mine were all covered when I was there today.

Serious Pizza seriously sucks.
and here's 1 review on Google from a day ago:

Quote:
This place stunk.....it literally smelt horrible like sewage. It looked like a great place but we could not get over the smell so we left. Maybe there was a plumbing issue?????? ��
Thanks for the recommendation but I don't give my $ to any rude people.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #12
Admiral Giggle

Encounters: 3

moved to correct forum
Admiral Giggle is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:10 PM   #13
CG2014
Premium Access

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Giggle View Post
moved to correct forum
Grazie!

images found via Google search
Old 07-31-2018, 07:40 PM   #14
Generic White Guy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

CG, what didn’t you like about il Cane Rosso?

Neapolitan-style, simple, perfect crust, hand-crushed San Marzanos sauce, hand cured sausage, fresh toppings - cooked in an oven made in Naples, Italy and shipped to the United States on a ship... Pizzas cooked in 90 seconds...

Nothing more authentic in Dallas... Exactly what you described...
Generic White Guy is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
CG2014
Premium Access

Which Cane Rosso did you go to?

I went to the one in Frisco.

They were stingy on the amount of sauce, cheese and toppings they put on it.

I bet they sat there and weigh everything before throwing it on the dough.

They might had as well just give me a piece baked dough and a dollop of marinara sauce to dip it in.

At $16 a pizza plus tax plus tip, I expect a reasonable amount of stuff on it.

Also the dough was not fully cooked. There were parts that were still raw when I bit into it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women