Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40270
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52
Default ~2019-2020 San Antonio Spurs & NBA Superthread ~

Welcome to the 2019-2020 NBA season...

This year, not only will Spurs will be talked about, but if any other teams want to be discussed, go ahead and do it here. I'll likely only post on big trades or big games but mostly Spurs talk...

2018-2019 Recap...

Last year Spurs finished with a 40+ win season while losing first round in 7 games to the up and coming Denver Nuggets. Dejounte Murray our starting PG was missed terribly all season with an ACL tear and he may have turned the tide early in our favor in that series had he been available. Most important of note was the fact this was the first post season without any member of the Big 3 on the roster since their retirements and departures. They did it on their own. Hopefully, we can make a better run than last year with a healthy roster.

Was an up and down season, but the highlight had to have been our ass kicking we handed Kawhi and the Raptors in our building. Our crowd should be like that every single night. We now have a reason to do it again with or without Kawhi on their team as fans were pretty adament about screaming Fuck Pop during their celebration. Van Vleet going to have a terrible time here...

https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/ar...ionship-parade

Spurs announced the signing of Greg Popovich to a 3 year extension. It was rumored early on that he may have been done after this upcoming season, looks like we can add two more years after this next season to his tenure while coaching a promising young core of players.

We witnessed the retiring of Manu Ginobili with a grand ceremony back in March, as well as recently getting word on the official announcement of the retirement of Tony Parker officially ending all of the Big3 players careers in the NBA. Parker's retirement ceremony has yet to be announced. Will post more night of his retirement ceremony...

On to 2020...

Draft night came and went last night with a pretty big splash across a few teams. Zion officially in the books at number 1, and the Pelicans making big moves to fill out their roster, including drafting UT's big man to play next to him. The New Orleans Pelicans should be fun to watch as Zion is likely the biggest hyped player since Lebron to come into the NBA. Ja Morant a young PG with the style of Westbrook and Derrick Rose should be fun to watch in Memphis. Knicks added RJ Barrett, my favorite player in this years draft, who may be playing alongside some big free agents if they sign with the Knicks, or on the Warriors if the rumor is true about Golden State trading him in a sign and trade for Kevin Durant. Warriors have been rumored to give the All Star KD a max deal before a trade as a way to take care of him for his ruptured Achilles he suffered in the Finals and will miss all of 2019-2020.

The Spurs had a rather interesting night in the draft with two first round picks. I am very surprised we didn't draft a few guys who were still on the board like Nassir Little from Carolina, but after looking at our prosects, I think we drafted more out of necessity out of a few positions than after raw talent. With the 19th pick, we selected Luka Samanic from Croatia. Supposedly a player similar to David Lee with a 3 pt shot but just an inch shorter. Also, with the 29th pick , we selected Keldon Johnson out of Kentucky. A decent 6ft6 defender who has a decent offensive game as well. Both guys highlight reels can be seen on youtube. Welcome Keldon and Luka to San Antonio!

The Spurs will begin 2020 with many returning guys, but like last year, will feature again some newer faces. Not to mention, we are getting younger rather quickly. Pau Gasol, Dante Cunningham, and Quincy Pondexter among those to be gone who started last year with us. Pau was bought out just before the playoffs last year, while the other two only had 1 year deals. Spurs are looking to get younger rather quickly and save cap space.

Free Agent and trade Scenarios...

Spurs are still out for some trades or free agent signings. Current man on we are in the hunt for is Pacers SF Bojan Bogdanovic.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...jan-bogdanovic

Trades

Couple scenarios involve trading Demar. Others involve clearing space by trading away Patty, Davis, Rudy Gay and maybe others. Will see what happens.

As of now...

Spurs feature one of, in my opinion, the better young cores of promising guys in Murray, White, Walker, and Samanic. All under 22 years old, will be rather good in a few years with Pop's guidance. As of now, with our vets, we are maybe one solid player from making a dent in the playoff picture. We shall see how the rest of the NBA unfolds however as our own roster as we look to move players...

And yes, we will feature a White Walker lineup. I said it.

Rest of the NBA

I hate to say it, we watched Kawhi and Toronto win the Finals and are 2019 NBA Champions. However, Congrats to Danny Green!

The Lakers have won the sweepstakes for Anthony Davis, trading for the big man this last week. However, it came at a price of possibly destroying their future trading Lonzo Ball, Ingram, Josh Hart, and 4 first round picks including this years 4th overall pick. Not a great move as Pelicans robbed the Lakers on this one. I would have waited for Kawhi to walk on to my team as well as Davis and just kept all the picks instead of trying to win James one more ring. Kinda dumb. More news on this here...

https://clutchpoints.com/did-the-lak...anthony-davis/

Utah has made in my eyes the best move in the offseason trading 3 players in Crowder, Korver and Grayson Allen for Memphis prime PG in Mike Conley. Teaming him up with Donovan Mitchell will be amazing to watch along with Ingles and Gobert in that lineup.

Kawhi is rumored to be leaving Toronto after being seen with moving boxes at a local Home Depot...

Don't worry, he's not moving back here. Sources say Clippers are the favorites to land Leonard. However, Brooklyn and the Knicks want meetings with him.

Feel free to discuss the up coming NBA season, any teams, any players and most importantly the Spurs. Will keep updates as more news comes up. Hope we get more highlight posts than last season. This year is wide open for the NBA with no Durant or Klay Thompson in the league this next season. Rockets, Utah, Nuggets, Bucks are all early favorites. Hope the Spurs can make some moves to get in that mix...

Go Spurs Go!!!

Remembering The Silver Dancers...

Dr Grey is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #2
pickupkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 77

Spurs will resign Rudy Gay.
pickupkid is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:17 PM   #3
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupkid View Post
Spurs will resign Rudy Gay.
Absolutely! Glad he is back.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default NBA Free Agency 2019

With the draft now behind us free agency has blown up big today...

Spurs kept Rudy Gay for 2 more years and are also adding free agent 3 and D wing man Demare Carroll from Brooklyn on a 2 year deal. Should be a much needed upgrade from last years signings...

Welcome to SA Demare!!

In other NBA news...

Keven Durant, Kyrie Irving, and Deandre Jordan will be signing with the Brooklyn Nets.

Al Horford joining the 76ers.

Jimmy Butler in a sign and trade to Miami Heat.

Klay Thompson to remain in Golden State.

Kemba Walker will be signing with Boston Celtics.

JJ Redick will sign and team up with Zion on the New Orleans Pelicans.

Tobias Harris to resign with 76ers.

Dewayne Dedmon and Trevor Ariza joining the Kings (this actually scares me a little).

Lots of other moves here...

https://www.nba.com/freeagents/2019/tracker

What a start to free agency this year. Still left on the board for grabs is Kawhi Leonard. Rumor is he is looking to team up with Lebron and Anthony Davis on the Lakers...
Old 06-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #5
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default And Warriors add another with losing Durant...

Warriors sign DAngelo Russell to a 4 year deal.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:55 AM   #6
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73
Default Spurs new logo...

...with all the free-agency so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cinnamon-toast-horiz-a-1800.jpg (153.6 KB, 194 views)
hittinit is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #7
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

To me. The only team to improve was Utah. And that was via trade. Blazers getting Whiteside today from Miami will be huge as well. But I'm not sold on Lakers, Philly, Boston, or Brooklyn. League is wide open. I think Spurs can compete, esp no Durant or Klay in the league this year and if Kawhi stays in Toronto.

Denver, Blazers, Kings and Utah will be tough though. Clips or Lakers if they get Kawhi will be nuts as well. Looking heavily that Kawhi is joining Davis and Lebron. But look beyond 2 or 3 years when Lebron and a few others exit their prime or retire. Murray, White and Walker will only be 23 and 24 years old. Its not about now during a rebuild. Although, we can compete for sure.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:35 AM   #8
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default First summer league game in the books...

Lonnie Walker looked impressive. Hope be gets playing time behind Demar this year...

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...-win-over-cavs
Old 07-03-2019, 04:59 PM   #9
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Demar doing some recruiting to SA...

Saw that Demar is trying to get big man Demarcus Cousins to the silver and black. I'm taking this lightly, but would be an interesting fit.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...-cousins-rumor
Old 07-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #10
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

Boogie is exactly the player the Spurs need at a position they have ignored since David Robinson retired, that being a shot-blocking, slam dunking center ..... unfortunately we probably can't afford his price without moving a player or two, and even more unfortunately, he would drive Pop insane with his "I could care less about team basketball" attitude ..... anyone remember Dennis Rodman? ..... now granted Rodman was a freak and an idiot and probably an insane teammate, but how did his tenure with the Spurs end up? .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #11
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Boogie and Kerr got along. I don't think he'd be an issue from an attitude perspective. Pop I'm sure has even interacted with him before for USA basketball activity. Probably milder than Stephen Jackson. Rodman was a mess. He lost his coach to passing away in Detroit, along with others close to him. He was alone and reinvented himself here. Boogie isn't depressed. Just needs a team who can work load management and managed minutes in coming back from injury last year and playoffs. If anyone can help a big man bounce back, its Pop and Tim.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:05 AM   #12
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

Holy crap! ..... the OKC Thunder have agreed to trade Paul George to the LA Clippers for G Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, F Danilo Gallinari ..... and the Clippers are giving up their 2022, 2024, and 2026 1st round draft picks, PLUS 2021 and 2023 1st round picks they had previously obtained from Miami also will go to OKC ..... that's an absolute motherlode, but I'm guessing the Clippers will be fine with it, if Kawhi and George can lead them to a championship or two (and understanding how the Clippers owner would love to stick it to LeBron and Anthony Davis) ..... and after this deal was done Kawhi inked a 4 year $142 million deal with the Clippers ..... in trading away Alexander and Gallinari, the Clippers dump about $26.5 million off their payroll next year, however Paul George's salary next season is $33 million and $35 million in 2020, and Kawhi's new deal will average $35.5 million per season ..... so both the Lakers and the Clippers payrolls will be astronomical ..... oh and one final thing - who was the first player the Lakers signed AFTER Kawhi agreed to go to the Clippers? ..... Danny Green, to a 2 year deal .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:07 AM   #13
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default What A Night...

Kawhi Leonard will be a Clipper. Max 4 year deal. Paul George will he joining him via trade (3 years on contract left). Balmer, West and Doc have something great that is not named Lakers. I look forward to the Spurs playing this new West.

Danny Green has signed a 2 year deal with the Lakers.

As much as I liked Danny, he'll get the Laker treatment in SA. Now we have two LA teams to watch for...
Old 07-06-2019, 07:14 AM   #14
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73
Default ZERO mention of Spurs even being WC contenders...

...now that Kawhi is a Clipper.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ove-clips-deal
hittinit is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #15
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default ...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women