Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 01-17-2015, 07:06 AM   #31
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You forget, BigAssSux, that I was the one who started a no insult thread specifically to discuss tax policy with the Cap'n. Therefore, indirectly, the Conference Room was my idea.
Did you invent the internet also?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #32
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Did you invent the internet also?
Silly .. that was GORE! Don't you know better than that?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:17 AM   #33
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Humor escapes you lexie.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #34
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default contamination is well-nigh

I think the other room will devolve with the same cast of characters

just look at this thread beginning to unravel
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #35
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post

It's the nature of the beast.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #36
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post

"Beginning to unravel"? It started to unravel in post #2. Hey Captain, go ahead and do it. I will try to participate with the proper degree of decorum and thoughtful discussion, but I wouldn't expect the same from the other zoo animals here!

Oh wait, it's invitation only... how presumptuous of me... am I invited?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #37
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
It's the nature of the beast.
Jackie, I will disagree with that. It is more the nature of the ground rules for this forum, the way it is moderated, and SOME of the posters. Some of the same topics are addressed on other forums with all the salient points but minus the insults and completed lack of respect. Yes, some of these topics will generate strong feelings and emotions, but they need not devolved into an all too repetitive IB-Y sewer fight.

Have a different set of ground rules. Apply some governance. If someone can focus the I emotions onto the issues instead of the better insult--then ask them to leave.

There are some posters here--very bellicose ones--who I occasionally cross paths with on other forums. On those forums we do not should at each other, hurricane insults, etc. In fact I often find myself agreeing with much of what Whirlaway posts for example outside of this forum. The posters I would be concerned about are mostly tho who only seem to post here. Some of them I would wonder about their ability to play nice with others.

It will not automatically follow the Sam evolutionary path as this forum.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #38
Old-T
Valued Poster

PS: I used to moderate a small local DC board that was about politics. It had a number of big names on it, but under cover of aliases. It was amazing to watch even some people who ranted and attacked each other viciously on the floor of Congress (and therefore in front of the press) could remove most the venom and debate face more civilly when they were anonymous, and their ability to actually talk with "the enemy" would not get back to their rabid extremist constituents.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #39
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
"Beginning to unravel"? It started to unravel in post #2. Hey Captain, go ahead and do it. I will try to participate with the proper degree of decorum and thoughtful discussion, but I wouldn't expect the same from the other zoo animals here!

Oh wait, it's invitation only... how presumptuous of me... am I invited?
This thread is not in the new forum dipshit. Were it , I would have kindly pointed out what a retard you are.

All joking aside the only people that will have trouble will be those pompous fuckers who do not even know that they are pompous assholes. LL, JD....maybe COGay. They are going to have to wait outside in the hallway straining to here what the adults have to say.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #40
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I will point to the US Constitution as an example; as long as our leaders respected the law of the land and the others nudged an offender back into line they worked. Now we are seeing an unraveling of our Constitution because we have a president who does not respect the document and the other two branches are either in cahoots or too afraid to make the challenge. That took over 200 years.

So a room can last for a long while IF everyone respects the rules and there is someone to nudge a rule breaker back into a state of grace.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #41
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

If this room has such esteemed discussion; then why not let the thread be visible for people to read the great information that is being exchanged?

The whole idea of a private discussion group, in which members are selected and discussion heavily moderated is a repulsive idea to me.

There are plenty of great open web blogs one can dig into if one is inclined for elevated discussion on a particular topic.

If find it interesting that the OP hasn't responded to any comments (or questions) with the exception of the single post by JackieS. Some are worthy of a response. But I guess the more answers provided ruins the mystique behind the green curtain of Oz.

I gave this thread a One Star rating.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #42
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

New forum? I don't think so....it isn't a forum, it is the Conference Room.......hidden from view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
This thread is not in the new forum dipshit...
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #43
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
If this room has such esteemed discussion; then why not let the thread be visible for people to read the great information that is being exchanged?

The whole idea of a private discussion group, in which members are selected and discussion heavily moderated is a repulsive idea to me.

They way I read your post you think this forum meets your needs and you like the atmosphere of the wild west.

I also assume you have no intention of applications to join the one.

And I somehow i suspect the members there Wil not be heartbroken about you spurning them. I could be wrong.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #44
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Jackie, I will disagree with that. It is more the nature of the ground rules for this forum, the way it is moderated, and SOME of the posters. Some of the same topics are addressed on other forums with all the salient points but minus the insults and completed lack of respect. Yes, some of these topics will generate strong feelings and emotions, but they need not devolved into an all too repetitive IB-Y sewer fight.

Have a different set of ground rules. Apply some governance. If someone can focus the I emotions onto the issues instead of the better insult--then ask them to leave.

There are some posters here--very bellicose ones--who I occasionally cross paths with on other forums. On those forums we do not should at each other, hurricane insults, etc. In fact I often find myself agreeing with much of what Whirlaway posts for example outside of this forum. The posters I would be concerned about are mostly tho who only seem to post here. Some of them I would wonder about their ability to play nice with others.

It will not automatically follow the Sam evolutionary path as this forum.
Go screw yourself, Old-THUMPER.

This -- the Political -- forum had its origin in Diamonds and Tuxedos, and was moved to the Sandbox before transferring to its present venue; where, btw, your trollish ass is as guilty as anyone else of hurling invectives -- as your trollish-ass just did, Old-THUMPER.

You'd do well to research the devolution of decorum and who it was that initiated that devolution, Old-THUMPER. If you troubled yourself to discover the truth instead of devoting your time to monitoring post counts, Old-THUMPER, you'd discover that your analysis is as fallacious as you are inebriated.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:12 PM   #45
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

They way I read your post you think this forum meets your needs and you like the atmosphere of the wild west.

I also assume you have no intention of applications to join the one.

And I somehow i suspect the members there will not be heartbroken about you spurning them. I could be wrong.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women