Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59908
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 09-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #61
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Misspeak, basically the same as lying. You and several others need to quit trying to polish this turd.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #62
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Almost as amusing as the absurdity in criticizing someone for misspeaking - particularly given how common misspeaking truly is.

I misspeak nearly every damn day. I bet you do too. If not every day, at least 2 or 3 times a week.

The only thing dumber than criticizing someone for misspeaking, is criticizing someone for a misstatement that is significant of absolutely nothing. Father, grandfather, what the hell difference does it make? It doesn't.

Unless you're the sort of political idiot who thinks a Democrat using a teleprompter is somehow different than a Republican using a teleprompter.
Your point of view is valid only if you concede 1) that the liberal press - and some on this board - rabidly attack any and every verbal slip made by someone on the right, e.g., Palin's Paul Revere statement - which, in a roundabout way, was not totally incorrect. This goes back at least to Dan Quayle's "potato" fiasco; if not before. Why is an errant "e" so much more deserving of enormous media attention than saying there are "57" states in the union? "What is good for the goose is good for the gander," as they say.

And 2) if you can be absolutely certain that the Anointed One's references to his grandfather and uncle's service were not political ploys to bask in the lime-light of their service so as to pander to the voters who value such service. Could it be that a calculating politician might remove a generation here and attribute more noteworthy service there so as to - by association - enhance his own position in the eyes of the voters? If challenged on the facts, it immediately becomes an instance of "misspoken" words. If not challenged, so much the better. In other instances, some voters, like TTH, fail altogether to realize or recognize that it was an instance of "misspeak".

Or 3) the Anointed One, regarding his uncle's service, went off script in an attempt to ingratiate himself with voters. And, before the moment of his "misspeak", the Anointed One had really never paid enough attention to his uncle's service to fully appreciate or correctly ascribe anything his uncle did during WWII; thus, the Anointed One's "misspeak" was a failed attempt at political opportunism.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #63
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

another one:

PBS alters transcript to hide Obama gaffe

Timothy Birdnow

Barack Obama has gone to Congress asking for more money to spend. The President, in a rambling and tedious exercise mixing
blame with demands, made quite a few dubious statements in laying out the case for Congress to vote for the plan which as yet
does not exist. Much like Obamacare, Congress must ultimately vote for the bill to know what is in it.

At one point Mr. Obama made a major gaffe; he identified Abraham Lincoln as the founder of the Republican Party.

Lincoln did not join the Republicans until 1856, over two years after the party was founded. The first Republican convention was
held in Ripon, Wisconsin in 1854.

Such a gaffe would have brought huge amounts of ridicule and derision on George W. Bush, but in the case of Obama the media yawned.

Actually, they did more than yawn; government-funded PBS has altered the transcript of the President's speech, removing the offending comment.

The New York Times transcript has the following quote:

"We all remember Abraham Lincoln as the leader who saved our Union. Founder of the Republican Party. But in the middle of a civil war,
he was also a leader who looked to the future -- a Republican President who mobilized government to build the Transcontinental Railroad --
(applause) -- launch the National Academy of Sciences, set up the first land grant colleges. (Applause.) And leaders of both parties have
followed the example he set."

But how does it appear in the PBS transcript?

"We all remember Abraham Lincoln as the leader who saved our Union. But in the middle of a Civil War, he was also a leader who looked
to the future - a Republican president who mobilized government to build the transcontinental railroad; launch the National Academy of Sciences;
and set up the first land grant colleges. And leaders of both parties have followed the example he set."

So PBS has purposely altered a transcript containing a major gaffe by the President. See a screen shot:
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #64
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Or maybe he was trying to disassociate himself from his non-American father? Personally, it doesn’t matter to me who his father was, but I can guarantee it matters to a lot of people. In the end it doesn’t matter what his reasons are. What matters is he makes them and the mainstream media still does not report it. Sure, there’s the one off Fox, but they are dismissed as uptighty-righties. Hopefully, when the election gets into full swing, the Republican candidates will challenge the media and make them do their jobs correctly. Hopefully the Republican candidates begin running against Obama from the get-go and not against each other. No sense in making Obama’s campaigning job any easier. Clearly he’s better at campaigning than making a decision.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #65
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Or maybe he was trying to disassociate himself from his non-American father? Personally, it doesn’t matter to me who his father was, but I can guarantee it matters to a lot of people. In the end it doesn’t matter what his reasons are. What matters is he makes them and the mainstream media still does not report it. Sure, there’s the one off Fox, but they are dismissed as uptighty-righties. Hopefully, when the election gets into full swing, the Republican candidates will challenge the media and make them do their jobs correctly. Hopefully the Republican candidates begin running against Obama from the get-go and not against each other. No sense in making Obama’s campaigning job any easier. Clearly he’s better at campaigning than making a decision.
Everyone seems to want to second guess this clip. You heard what you heard, you can't deny that. For anyone to say he misspoke or the clip was dubbed is really imaterial. You and I can make these mistakes without much reprucusion. A President and other Dept. heads don't have that luxury.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #66
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Your point of view is valid only if you concede 1) that the liberal press - and some on this board - rabidly attack any and every verbal slip made by someone on the right, e.g., Palin's Paul Revere statement - which, in a roundabout way, was not totally incorrect.
If you want to equate 15 or 30 seconds of inane historical gibberish with someone saying "father" when he meant to say "grandfather", go right ahead.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #67
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
If you want to equate 15 or 30 seconds of inane historical gibberish with someone saying "father" when he meant to say "grandfather", go right ahead.
If you accept that one can and should be the subject of derision; then you must expect that the other will be derided in turn.

After all, there are
still just 50 states in the union. And wasn’t the Anointed One born in Hawaii—the newest of the 50 U.S. states (August 21, 1959)?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #68
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
So PBS has purposely altered a transcript containing a major gaffe by the President. See a screen shot:
My guess, and it's purely a guess, is that PBS printed the advance transcript of the speech. Obama ad libed the line about founder of the party. I can't imagine that anyone would give a shit about such a minor misstatement, much less bother to cover it up.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 AM   #69
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I can't imagine that anyone would give a shit about such a minor misstatement, much less bother to cover it up.
yea, you're right ....

"President Obama made Solyndra the poster child of his clean energy efforts. He visited the company’s Fremont, Calif., manufacturing plant in May 2010, where he noted that, “the true engine of economic growth will always be companies like Solyndra.”"

$535 million.

Why sweat the small shit?

Just another petty little "misstatement"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #70
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
If you accept that one can and should be the subject of derision; then you must expect that the other will be derided in turn.
Of course i expect it. But then, i'm aware of the inane clowns like yourself who make up the Republican talking machine.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:01 AM   #71
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
But then, i'm aware of the inane clowns like yourself who make up the Republican talking machine.
Yea, both parties seem to have their share of comedians ...

See "Solyndra" ...
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #72
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Yea, both parties seem to have their share of comedians ...

See "Solyndra" ...
Now that's a fair point of criticism. The original criticism in this thread is nothing short of moronic.

Like with his playing golf. And using a teleprompter. Criticisms which are little more than efforts to pander to the people who are too damn stupid to consider qualifications and actual policies in determining who to vote for.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #73
Yerassman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19
Default Degenerate

Quote:
The fact that these dip-shits are allowed to vote....no wonder this country is in the shape it's in.

Hey dumb ass, he inherited dubya's economy, your memory is as screwed as you are.
Yerassman is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #74
Yerassman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19
Default Degenerate

Quote:
The fact that these dip-shits are allowed to vote....no wonder this country is in the shape it's in.
+1 GOP sucks
Yerassman is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #75
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerassman View Post
Hey dumb ass, he inherited dubya's economy, your memory is as screwed as you are.
+2
Guest040616 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women