Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452924
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 10-20-2023, 10:23 AM   #1
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41
Default Chesebro Takes a Plea Deal

Guess he’ll be providing truthful testimony as well. He’s getting a felony though. And admitting that the scheme was illegal, including good ole Trump.

Damned truthful testimony. lol.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I think he’s getting a marginally better deal than Powell, 5 years probation and $5000. Does this mean he loses his license to practice law?
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 10:47 AM   #3
1blackman1
Valued Poster

I’ll take 50 misdemeanors over a single felony. Violation of the felony probation will result in jail time about 99% of the time. Violating a felony is most likely just a fine and admonition. I wouldn’t say he got a better deal. It’s a worse deal pretty much all over. He actually admitted to he guliani and others including Trump conspired to break the law.

As for losing his license. A felony in and of itself doesn’t get a person disbarred. Depends on where he is barred. Were it Louisiana, Platsmeir our Office of Disciplinary Counsel would likely go pretty hard at disbarring him. Also our Supreme Court isn’t nearly as lopsided as Texas or Florida where he might get a pat on the back. If he’s barred in Maryland DC New York, he might lose those or at least be suspended for 6 months to a year. VA middling chance.

They specifically added an agreement that the crime would not be a violation of moral turpitude which would pretty much automatically have him disbarred in any state.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:26 PM   #4
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... He can admit whatever the prosecution wants to hear
to take "a deal" ... But is it TRUE??
We DO know that Georgia counted illegal votes - that
Trump wanted a Judge to rule on - and Raffensberger and
Kemp stalled the issue - so they could certify the votes.

We would be seeing THIS at trial - but the government
may drop the charges. ... Did Powell claim that THIS
was Cheseboro's "scheme"?? ... Is that why he's geeting
hit with the felony?? ... Inquiring minds wanna know.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:50 PM   #5
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
I’ll take 50 misdemeanors over a single felony. Violation of the felony probation will result in jail time about 99% of the time. Violating a felony is most likely just a fine and admonition. I wouldn’t say he got a better deal. It’s a worse deal pretty much all over. He actually admitted to he guliani and others including Trump conspired to break the law.

As for losing his license. A felony in and of itself doesn’t get a person disbarred. Depends on where he is barred. Were it Louisiana, Platsmeir our Office of Disciplinary Counsel would likely go pretty hard at disbarring him. Also our Supreme Court isn’t nearly as lopsided as Texas or Florida where he might get a pat on the back. If he’s barred in Maryland DC New York, he might lose those or at least be suspended for 6 months to a year. VA middling chance.

They specifically added an agreement that the crime would not be a violation of moral turpitude which would pretty much automatically have him disbarred in any state.
Thanks for the color, very interesting! I saw Powell's sentencing or whatever you call it, and her biggest concern appeared to be whether she'd be able to own a firearm. Based on the moral turpitude agreement, apparently Chesebro's was being able to continue to practice law.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:51 PM   #6
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
We DO know that Georgia counted illegal votes - that
Trump wanted a Judge to rule on - and Raffensberger and
Kemp stalled the issue - so they could certify the votes.
I don't see that Salty. Raffensperger and Kemp wanted Trump to win. They voted for him.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 02:11 PM   #7
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I don't see that Salty. Raffensperger and Kemp wanted Trump to win. They voted for him.
... I posted actual quotes from the famous
telephone call between Powell and Trump's people
and Raffensberger and his people - it's in one
o' me past threads.

... But the REAL question here is WHY??

As-in --- with this thread - WHY oh WHY would the

government offour Powell (and Chesbro) plead deals??

WHY?

... They 'ad ALL those charges - "RICO Conspiracy" and
Destroyin' Democracy.... and whatever else.
Yet, half-a-mo before a trial - LOOK AT THAT!
Like Mandrake would do - Abra-Kadabra!
... Misdemeanour deals!

#### Salty
Old 10-20-2023, 02:47 PM   #8
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

I suspect that there were two reasons Powell and Chesebro got deals:

To secure their testimony against bigger fish to be fried (I meant tried) in the future.

To prevent them from going to trial prior to the aforementioned bigger fish, thereby potentially exposing the entire government case to the remaining defendants' legal team.

It might be fun to see who will be the next accused to try and separate their case from the rest. Rats are known to flee a sinking ship.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 02:53 PM   #9
1blackman1
Valued Poster

I suspect when Chesebro completes filing in all the conversations between he and the likes of Trump, Eastman and Giuliani, there will be other dominoes that fall closing in Trump even more.
Old 10-20-2023, 06:39 PM   #10
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Sweetheart plea deals happen in order to secure testimony against others in the RICO charges. If you incentivise the charges to a misdemeanor as they did with Powell, she's got every reason to take the deal outside of breaking the feilty loyalty oath and NDA that I'm sure Trump has them all sign. It's just the first 3 dominos and there will undoubtedly be MANY more to come in the next 3 weeks. It's gonna get ugly for the co-conspirators! They'll all be chomping at the bit in order to get the last of the deals before the DA decides to not play "let's make a deal " anymore.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 07:57 PM   #11
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... uh... actually, the term is "CHAMPING at the bit" - as it's
surely a good Australian saying from the Melbourne Cup.

However -- I'm still tryin' to understand the "sweetheart" deals
and not sure WHY they were not offoured sooner than right before
trial - IF - what you lads claim is correct.

... So the "RICO Charges" and what-not are all wicked-away
for misdemeanours and a felony.

... And how much Jail time is the Cheseboro fellow getting?
One o' the mates surely mentioned PROBATION.

... How they gonna "GET TRUMP" and put Him in Jail
when they can't even "GET" these people?? ...

#### Salty
Old 10-20-2023, 09:11 PM   #12
69in2it69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Ye surely miss the details again. They did "get" these people. Or do your "barristers" commonly admit to crimes as a normal course of their business? But more important, they get insider, sworn testimony against the ones higher up. Plea deals will likely continue for a bit...but now you'll have those higher up competing to get them. Anyone want to guess who'll fold next, my guess is Meadows or Rudy.

Not to mention, I'm sure Jack Smith won't mind seeing what these guys have to say about "the one about to fall".
69in2it69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:20 PM   #13
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Thing is, "They" are willing to let some of the co-defendents off on lessor charges in order to secure their testimony and improve chances of convicting the bigger fish. Happens all the time even in murder cases....sometimes a cooperative shooter gets milder sentence than the accomplice. Not saying it's right, but that's how it works.

My suspicion is that Rudy and Don are the big fish. If Rudy can make any sort of deal and turn, he better take it...Don hasn't covered his ass to date. You lay down with dogs and you get up with fleas.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:54 PM   #14
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1951 View Post
Thing is, "They" are willing to let some of the co-defendents off on lessor charges in order to secure their testimony and improve chances of convicting the bigger fish. Happens all the time even in murder cases....sometimes a cooperative shooter gets milder sentence than the accomplice. Not saying it's right, but that's how it works.

My suspicion is that Rudy and Don are the big fish. If Rudy can make any sort of deal and turn, he better take it...Don hasn't covered his ass to date. You lay down with dogs and you get up with fleas.
I’ll see your Rudy and raise you a Don. In the end if faced with prison time and no realistic chance of a pardon, I wonder if Trump would accept a plea bargain. I hope so. I’d rather see him with something like home confinement and an ankle bracelet instead of in jail.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 10:18 PM   #15
69in2it69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I’ll see your Rudy and raise you a Don. In the end if faced with prison time and no realistic chance of a pardon, I wonder if Trump would accept a plea bargain. I hope so. I’d rather see him with something like home confinement and an ankle bracelet instead of in jail.

Nah, he's not going to have a home by that time. I don't think he can get an ankle bracelet to live under and overpass.
69in2it69 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women