Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47527
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37080
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 10-03-2023, 06:21 AM   #1
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41
Default Separate but not even close to equal

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/care...6f628f4c&ei=98

Interesting example of separate definitely not being equal. Though many here and generally the Republican Party claim racism doesn’t exist and also claims there is definitely not institutional racism, this article pretty clearly shows an example of state instituted continuation of disparate treatment which surely had some disproportionate impact on blacks. The remedy is even harder to come up with since simply ponying up a billion dollars won’t fix the decades of people that went to Southern University vs LSU.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 07:24 AM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I’d agree with your post if you hadn’t made it political. The Democratic Party created the mess in the first place. The claim by many Democrats (not necessarily you) that the racists switched parties in 1965 is disingenuous.

Separate is inherently unequal. Black universities should desegregate. And yes from reading your link, I realize it’s government policies, including less financial support for black universities, that result in segregation. That needs to be corrected.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:24 AM   #3
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Republicans claim racism doesn't exist. What are talking about? They surely claim that it doesn't continue in any meaningful way and that there's no such thing as institutional racism.

I'm starting worry about you Tiny. Reading the right nut wings on this site have started to lower your IQ to their level, and that's concerning. If you believe that the makeup of the current republican and democratic parties in any way is similar to those parties constituents in 1950, you're really getting indoctrinated by the likes of Sapper, Dilly, Waco and Charlie into the Neo-racist party.

Black colleges need to desegregate?
Old 10-03-2023, 09:28 AM   #4
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

1bM1. I think Tiny is saying, that any segregation is discrimination; But is acknowledging that the HBCU's are serving an "under-served" population is how they came into being.

In the spirit of Anti- segregation, all places are open to all ppl and races. To that point, I am not aware of any limitations of applicants by race to an HCBU, nor that anyone was ever denied acceptance based on race. So I don't think HCBU's are really a segregated population except by the majority of applicants likely being black, vs. other ethnicities.

It's odd that any majority of population would consider that Affirmative Action is wrong when there is a such a lineage of wrongful policies based on race. The correction supplied by AA is likely just another boogey-man mentality for ppl who feel that racial discrimination of "ANY KIND" needs to be eliminated. Even if it's for corrective purposes. Just my 2 cnts
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:38 AM   #5
Ripmany
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

It a rat race
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:40 AM   #6
Ripmany
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

In reality it rat race, even from corn rolls, not whereing proper clothes to just lazy, to fact white get screw to much. Speech and English all matter how people look at you.. you schooling you tinkering..
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 10:51 AM   #7
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Black Universities are not exclusively black. The number of whites who apply is very limited. In fact, most HBCU graduate, law and medical programs have significant white, Latin and Asian student populations. Southern’s Law School is 40% non-black with 26% being white. Xavier’s pharmacy program is 25% non-black. Comparatively LSU Law Center is about 80% white and UL Monroe’s Pharmacy school actually hides that demographic data.

It's not that odd that some will claim AA is terrible and racist. If you avoid all data, it's easy to claim that anything that negatively affects whites is racist even when the percentage of whites actually affected is de minimus at best. All the while the percentage of blacks affected by historical racist decisions affects a significantly larger number of minorities. But that's a different discussion.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:40 PM   #8
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Black colleges need to desegregate?
So perhaps you could point me towards a single instance, in any country, where segregation in schools, the workplace, or residences has worked to the benefit of a disadvantaged racial or ethnic minority? It's the other way around.

Based on collegesimply.com, I'm reading the average graduate of Southern University and A&M College makes $29,700 six years out of college and $38,000 ten years out. A graduate of LSU makes $43,200 six years out and $56,900 ten years out.

Based on your original post and alumni salaries, it appears the state of Louisiana is trying to shunt black students to an inferior college and then not providing the funds for a good education. If as you believe the reason is because the politicians are racists, then would they be able to get away with this if half the students at Southern were white?

It sounds like secondary school systems where black students in big cities get stuck in bad schools. Many Democratic politicians are in the pockets of the teachers unions so don't support school choice or getting rid of incompetent educators. Many Republican politicians are reluctant to provide sufficient support to poor children and poor single mothers, which affects educational outcomes too. Part of the solution requires upping the quality of the bad schools and/or closing them.

Now I seriously doubt you'd favor closing universities like Southern and educating the students at other institutions, or truly integrating Southern. Sadly you've probably been influenced by Democratic Party politicians to believe Black Americans should not integrate into American society to the extent that Italian Americans, Polish Americans and Irish Americans have. Or that Hispanic Americans have in areas where they're not the majority. The solution in the long term is for whites and blacks and Hispanics to marry each other and have kids. Unfortunately though that would deprive the Democratic Party of its most reliable voting block.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:48 PM   #9
1blackman1
Valued Poster

I went to LSU so I'm unsure about what your assumptions.

If you look at my post you'll see that black schools, mainly at the graduate level, are far more desegregated than white ones, here in the same state. Considering that black schools existence stemmed from racist policies which extended into the 1960s-70s. Black Colleges and Universities were a requirement since white universities didn't allow black students and even when forced to by the federal government, they did things like preclude blacks from attending classrooms with whites so they had to sit outside and listen through the window or other foolishness. Though this wasn't During my lifetime, it was in my parents and probably within the lifetime of some of the folks on here claiming racism and its continued effects are a fiction.

Many HBCUs have a legacy which is either carried on by children of alumni or those inspired by alumni, family or other. For most its a choice to attend. Sadly, there is another legacy that affects those schools, mainly public institutions, that the states generally have underfunded the schools. That's what occurred in Louisiana and previously noticed in Tennessee (about to be some litigation). Texas took some action to remedy it's underfunding of Texas Southern and Prairieview, though I suspect it was significantly less than what was owed.

I get the point you're trying to make, though it's frankly pretty silly. Look back at the stats for enrollment. As noted, HBCUs have no policy to exclude white Asian or Hispanic students, nor are their racial preferences. Also, they have no history of excluding whites or other ethnicities. That’s a white folk thing.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:05 PM   #10
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
I went to LSU so I'm unsure about what your assumptions.

If you look at my post you'll see that black schools, mainly at the graduate level, are far more desegregated than white ones, here in the same state. Considering that black schools existence stemmed from racist policies which extended into the 1960s-70s. Black Colleges and Universities were a requirement since white universities didn't allow black students and even when forced to by the federal government, they did things like preclude blacks from attending classrooms with whites so they had to sit outside and listen through the window or other foolishness. Though this wasn't During my lifetime, it was in my parents and probably within the lifetime of some of the folks on here claiming racism and its continued effects are a fiction.

Many HBCUs have a legacy which is either carried on by children of alumni or those inspired by alumni, family or other. For most its a choice to attend. Sadly, there is another legacy that affects those schools, mainly public institutions, that the states generally have underfunded the schools. That's what occurred in Louisiana and previously noticed in Tennessee (about to be some litigation). Texas took some action to remedy it's underfunding of Texas Southern and Prairieview, though I suspect it was significantly less than what was owed.

I get the point you're trying to make, though it's frankly pretty silly. Look back at the stats for enrollment. As noted, HBCUs have no policy to exclude white Asian or Hispanic students, nor are their racial preferences. Also, they have no history of excluding whites or other ethnicities. That’s a white folk thing.
Here's the undergraduate enrollment at Southern University, according to collegefactual.com,

Black or African American 4,244
Multi-Ethnic 80
White 63
Unknown 60
International 44
Hispanic 33
Asian 11
Pacific Islander 4

I figured you would put 2 and 2 together when I wrote, "From reading your link, I realize it’s government policies, including less financial support for black universities, that result in segregation." In addition to lower financial support for black universities, I was thinking of policies related to secondary education, childhood poverty (see Post 8), and affirmative action (actually the lack thereof) when I wrote that. Maybe you understand now, but if not I can spell it out further. I never said or thought the segregation was the result of exclusion of whites by HBCU's. You reflexively believed that because you've been reading too much HoHound.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:29 PM   #11
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Since 1992 the Democrats have held a trifecta of Louisiana state political control 60% more than the Republicans have:

Historical party control
Louisiana Party Control: 1992-2023
Eight years of Democratic trifectas • Five years of Republican trifectas
Scroll left and right on the table below to view more years.

Year 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Governor D D D D R R R R R R R R D D D D R R R R R R R R D D D D D D D D
Senate D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D R R R R R R R R R R R R R
House D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D R R R R R R R R R R R R R

Something tells me that the situation is more complex than the Biden administration's Education Dept. claims. Multi-variant issues always are.

https://ballotpedia.org/Party_contro...ate_government
Sorry, but that table information came out a little wonky when I cut and pasted it.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 05:38 PM   #12
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
You reflexively believed that because you've been reading too much HoHound.
That guys posts are garbage. I've seen enough that I don't even read them let alone post on them. Not worth my time.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 05:41 PM   #13
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
Since 1992 the Democrats have held a trifecta of Louisiana state political control 60% more than the Republicans have:

Historical party control
Louisiana Party Control: 1992-2023
Eight years of Democratic trifectas • Five years of Republican trifectas
Scroll left and right on the table below to view more years.

Year 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Governor D D D D R R R R R R R R D D D D R R R R R R R R D D D D D D D D
Senate D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D R R R R R R R R R R R R R
House D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D R R R R R R R R R R R R R

Something tells me that the situation is more complex than the Biden administration's Education Dept. claims.

https://ballotpedia.org/Party_contro...ate_government
Yeah, Democrats have a lot more to do with racial inequality in Louisiana than our friend Blackman cares to admit. They've controlled the state for most of the last 180 years. The state has only had three Republican governors since 1880, and one of them was Bobby Jindal, who doesn't exactly fit the model of white supremacist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_Louisiana

While I didn't entirely agree with his reasoning, Tim Scott said something similar about Democrats at the national level during the debate the other night.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:46 PM   #14
texassapper
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Apparently Blacks aren't allowed to go anywhere but to HBCUs? Who forced them all to go there? Were their SATs and grades not sufficient?
texassapper is online now   Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 06:10 PM   #15
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Actually Roemer was a republican (which led to his losing re-election). Of the last 7 governors 4 have been Republican. But that's neither here nor there.

Simple deflection on your part Tiny. It may not Dawn on you but unequal funding, as set forth in the article, explains what happened but not the why. I'm sure you have a reason totally unrelated to race. It's likely wrong but I get where youre trying to come from.

Butters, if you're disinterested, you can save some thumb movements and head elsewhere.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women