Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Questions for the Staff - Upstate New York
Questions for the Staff - Upstate New York Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59887
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #31
Guest062610
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

GP,

I think a lot of what you've said has some merit. Most of the modstaff on ECCIE is drastically overwhelmed right now, I don't think any of us expected ECCIE to take off like it did. It's amazing, we've doubled the "most people online" that there ever was on the site and we've done it with less staff members. That being said, moderators do what they can, when they can. I'm blessed to own my own business and sit in front of a computer for most of the day and can generally get to issues fairly quickly.

I don't know how feasible it's going to be to have 1 mod from each major city that is represented in Upstate NY. My suggestion is to work on getting 1 or 2 more mod's from that general direction (meaning U. NY area). As the area grows add more staff members to accommodate the growth.

FWIW, many forums on ECCIE have an Admin listed in the modstaff list so we get the email alerts and updates even though we don't have much time to actively contribute to the forums.

To anyone that is wanting or willing to step up, please take some time to read the ECCIE mission statement. Make sure you not only believe in that statement but are willing to adhere to it. Also know that once you put on the "mod hat" your view of the hobby will forever be changed...how you take that is entirely up to you.

LAP
Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #32
edr1322
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Well said LAP. I believe GP would be a great Mod. When he made some really good points and got bashed and none of the Mods said anything but to move on. GP has brought alot to this board andthe other site. If I am out of line. I apologise to you LAP. GP keep up the good work. ED
Old 03-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #33
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

Thanks for the response LAP. And thank you Ed for the kind words, however I personally do not feel I am the man for the job at this time. We have many other fine people in Upstate NY who are quite capable.

So come on, lets hear those names! Now is not the time to be shy!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #34
edr1322
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

GP GO FOR IT I NOMININATE YOU FOR MOD. YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS. THANKS BRO ED
Old 03-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #35
TDaBr
Registered Member

Default Mods

While I choose to stay a bit out of the limelight here lately, I've got to step in here. GP, even though you claim not to have a vendetta against individuals, your constant mention of Jbonz belies that. You also weaken your case by mentioning that you have sought the Mod position.
I can't think of anything here that has not been addressed timely. Who cares whether it is Jbonz, LAP, Eli or GFE that does it? It gets done, and in my less-than-humble opinion, it gets done pretty damn well! (And better than in prior boards where civility was on the wane)
I do see Jbonz regularly and I know what he does behind the scenes. Your criticism of him is mid-directed. Had you started this off by directing some questions via PM to the exisiting Mods, you would have been better informed rather than making unfounded accusations. I would have also had more respect for your post if it introduced the topic in general, rather than immediately turing personal.
A mod in each city is laudable, but not necessary. I'll leave it up to the current mods/admin to decide whether they are overloaded.
A female mod is a good suggestion. I think they would bring a POV to the care and keeping of this board that would improve it. Chloe has shown that she is not afraid to take on issues. Her real life might preclude further involvement. Chloe? Other mods?

Just my two cents. I've been here and on ASPD for MANY years. I can truly say that I have never seen the board in better shape than it is now!! My thanks and appreciation to the Mods/Admins for the fine job they are doing!
TDaBr
Old 03-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #36
GP
Premium Access

Thank you for your comments. Even if they are contrary to mine, they are appreciated.

I said I have no vendetta. If you can not believe that, then sobeit. Not everyone in life will agree with me and I can live with that. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am only looking to improve what we have here. I have nothing personal against jbonz. Him and I have always gotten along fine in the past. I was incorrect in my claim about him not doing "the job" and I apologized. HOWEVER, I was not wrong in my claim about his participation as a member of this forum and contributing to the general discussion. I understand your view as far as me applying for the job in the past. I considereded not even mentioning it, but I want to be completely transparent (Not something usually seen in this day and age). That is why I do not want it now. This way there are no "sour grapes" so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDaBr
A mod in each city is laudable, but not necessary. I'll leave it up to the current mods/admin to decide whether they are overloaded.
I think this has already been answered by the mods and admins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickalotapus
I think a lot of what you've said has some merit. Most of the modstaff on ECCIE is drastically overwhelmed right now, I don't think any of us expected ECCIE to take off like it did
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonz
Yes, I've been a bit over busy these past few months with some personal things going on. Business has taken me out of town a lot more than normal and more than a few things have popped up at home. So, my hobbying has been a bit restricted lately and therefore my posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli
I can't find the time to participate and I find myself wondering how you guys find it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Christopher
While gfe's and LAPs efforts have been greatly appreciated here in New York, please know that these assignments have been temporary and will likely be dropped as we add local help. They've got their hands full in their own local areas.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #37
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickalotapus View Post
GP,

To anyone that is wanting or willing to step up, please take some time to read the ECCIE mission statement. Make sure you not only believe in that statement but are willing to adhere to it. Also know that once you put on the "mod hat" your view of the hobby will forever be changed...how you take that is entirely up to you.

LAP
http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=584
Well the ECCIE mission statement(above link) that I just reread is good. And LAP stated "your view of the hobby will change forever". But I would think your veiw of the board will also change. And how you act, what threads you start, what you say in posts to other threads, ect. will change. It is not something someone would want to just jump into with thinking long and hard first.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #38
GP
Premium Access

OSD, I could not agree more. You are 100% correct. A mod can and should still participate, but has to be OH SO careful not to take sides. They can still have opinions, but they just have to be careful in how and where they do participate.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:08 AM   #39
jbonz
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Guys,

No offense taken from the discussion.. and yes.. if you only knew how many times I have the urge to post yet just bite my tongue and refrain. As I mentioned earlier I tend to watch and listen and as long as things aren't too far out of hand let you guys handle things between yourselves.

I'd also like to suggest a SPONSOR A MOD program where us hard working mods get monthly allowances to allow us to hobby more often! What do you think Eli? :-)
(Just kidding .. sort of )

--jb
Old 03-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #40
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

SPONSOR A MOD program LOL I do not think Eli or LAP need the penny's.

errrrrr sorry had to

All the mods do more than many think. I have been helped a lot by the ones in TX alot and a bit form jbonz, in the past. And only I and the mod's knew.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #41
skater2
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

Wow.. You guys are way to serious here!! LOL
Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #42
jbonz
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

On that note I'd like to officially submit my resignation as a mod. I don't see things lightening up much in the next few months and I'm sure there are people out there that have much more time to tend to things than I will. I'd suggest that the board that someone who can be available 24/7 would be much more appropriate. And even though some of the old guard know and respect me I don't think the new folks have that history. Hence, someone who posts daily (or hourly as GP does) probably will garner much more respect than an old fart like myself who has been there and done that and chooses to only step in when absolutely necessary.

Good luck to all.

--JB
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #43
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

We wish you best of luck sir, and appreciate the contributions you have made as a staff member. I'm only a PM away should you ever need any assistance with your account in the future. On that note, this thread is closed.

St. C
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women