Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40278
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodahero View Post
I used to believe Alex Jones was a nut till a lot of his "stories" became true.
Name one.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Even the Wall Street Journal is against all the SWAT teams:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

Forget all the state and local SWAT teams.

Just look at the federal agencies that have SWAT teams:
-----------------------------------------------------
"A number of federal agencies also now have their own SWAT teams, including the Fish & Wildlife Service, NASA, the Consumer Products Safety Commission and the Department of the Interior. In 2011, the Department of Education's SWAT team bungled a raid on a woman who was initially reported to be under investigation for not paying her student loans, though the agency later said she was suspected of defrauding the federal student loan program."
---------------------------------------------------------

SERIOUSLY??!?!

NASA has a SWAT team?

AND the Consumer Product Safety Commission? For what do they need one?
NASA has a SWAT team?

AND the Consumer Product Safety Commission? For what do they need one?

They don't. it's a "keep up with the Joneses" mentality .. or worse. Either way its bullshit.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Eccie should have it's own swat team. Volunteers?

make that a twat team and i'm IN!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
timpage
Account Disabled

I suppose any government agency with security concerns ought to address those concerns in a reasonable manner. It doesn't strike me as unreasonable that a governmental agency that has as high a profile as NASA would have some sort of a security team that has the training and equipment to respond to a criminal or terrorist threat on their premises.

I find it amusing that the same folks that will come here and quack about nonsense like this will scream at the top of their lungs that they should be allowed to have as many assault rifles, 17 round Glocks, and high capacity ammunition magazines as they want....but, the governmental agencies security teams and law enforcement, charged with the responsibility of protecting those agencies and the general public, shouldn't do everything possible to ensure they have the equipment, tactics and training to do their jobs.

It's about the anti-government band-wagon. Nothing more.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #20
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi View Post
I guess it wasn't a liberal who pasted a picture of a 12 year old Travon Martin all over the papers instead of a picture of the 17 year old thug, Excuse me I must have been wrong. Them damn Fear Mongers at work again. We don't really have a drug problem and there are no street gangs. These are just misunderstood boys. They dismembered Carina Sanders, but there is no reason to bust down their door. Lets try to reason with them. I know, maybe we could have a big picnic.
And another ECCIE racist rears his ugly head.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #21
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I suppose any government agency with security concerns ought to address those concerns in a reasonable manner. It doesn't strike me as unreasonable that a governmental agency that has as high a profile as NASA would have some sort of a security team that has the training and equipment to respond to a criminal or terrorist threat on their premises.

I find it amusing that the same folks that will come here and quack about nonsense like this will scream at the top of their lungs that they should be allowed to have as many assault rifles, 17 round Glocks, and high capacity ammunition magazines as they want....but, the governmental agencies security teams and law enforcement, charged with the responsibility of protecting those agencies and the general public, shouldn't do everything possible to ensure they have the equipment, tactics and training to do their jobs.

It's about the anti-government band-wagon. Nothing more.
No, I don't buy it.

NASA can regular uniformed security officers like everybody else, including my office building. If Al Qaeda decides to attack Mission Control in Houston, they can call the real cops like everybody else.

And, really, the Consumer Product Safety Commission? Are they going to storm a Toy 'R' Us warehouse and seize a bunch of Chinese made teddy bears that may have lead paint in the eyeballs?

This is nothing more that mission creep. We have a bunch of defense contractors who make armored cars, so now we have to find new markets for them so they don't go bust. So, the federal government allows/encourages the sale of these behemoths to every podunk police department in the country.

And, hey, if you've got them, you've got to use them, right?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

actually the link now has a correction at the bottom ..

Corrections & Amplifications
The Consumer Products Safety Commission does not have a SWAT team. An earlier version of this article incorrectly said that it does.

don't we all feel so much better now?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #23
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #24
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
And another ECCIE racist rears his ugly head.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #25
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
actually the link now has a correction at the bottom ..

Corrections & Amplifications
The Consumer Products Safety Commission does not have a SWAT team. An earlier version of this article incorrectly said that it does.

don't we all feel so much better now?
Absolutely relieved.

I feel so much better that it is just the Department of Education and the Fish & Wildlife Service. That I can live with.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #26
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
No, I don't buy it.

NASA can regular uniformed security officers like everybody else, including my office building. If Al Qaeda decides to attack Mission Control in Houston, they can call the real cops like everybody else.

And, really, the Consumer Product Safety Commission? Are they going to storm a Toy 'R' Us warehouse and seize a bunch of Chinese made teddy bears that may have lead paint in the eyeballs?

This is nothing more that mission creep. We have a bunch of defense contractors who make armored cars, so now we have to find new markets for them so they don't go bust. So, the federal government allows/encourages the sale of these behemoths to every podunk police department in the country.

And, hey, if you've got them, you've got to use them, right?
You're rationalizing now. I don't know what you do for a living, but the idea that your office building and NASA in Houston have the same security concerns is absurd. Up until very recently, NASA was directing space missions that could have posed very attractive targets for terrorists looking for quick world-wide attention.

I certainly don't disagree with the premise that the defense contractor market is out of control and needs some restraint. That doesn't necessarily translate to the assumption that certain government agencies don't require the security budget and apparatus that are in place for those agencies. I can just hear the quacking from the wingers if a group of terrorists took over NASA because the security folks there were waiting for the Houston PD to show up.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
You're rationalizing now. I don't know what you do for a living, but the idea that your office building and NASA in Houston have the same security concerns is absurd. Up until very recently, NASA was directing space missions that could have posed very attractive targets for terrorists looking for quick world-wide attention.

I certainly don't disagree with the premise that the defense contractor market is out of control and needs some restraint. That doesn't necessarily translate to the assumption that certain government agencies don't require the security budget and apparatus that are in place for those agencies. I can just hear the quacking from the wingers if a group of terrorists took over NASA because the security folks there were waiting for the Houston PD to show up.
Maybe I didn't explain enough.

SWAT teams and armored cars are for penetrating a building or other facility where the bad guys are - that is AFTER the attack has already happened.

You don't need that at a NASA facility. First, like any secure facility, there is a perimeter fence including walls/embankments that a vehicle cannot climb. Second, you have guard shacks and gates that all visitors must drive through in order to get into the parking lots. Concrete barriers prevent someone from driving into the building instead of the parking lot. Third, you have guards - including armed ones - and metal detectors at the entrance doors.

None of that requires a SWAT team or an armored vehicle.

Every federal court house in the country has the armed guards and metal detectors right in the entrance lobby. That is what you need to stop armed terrorists from coming in.

If the terrorists decide to try a suicide bomber or a car bomb in the parking lot, having a SWAT team won't make a difference. They will get blown up, too.

And if terrorists DO succeed in capturing a NASA facility, there is no reason why NASA needs to call its own personal SWAT team.

They can call a SWAT team from the FBI (they will have jurisdiction over a federal facility) or they can call Houston PD.

The more authorities with control over a SWAT that you have, the more problems you will have. Which is why the Department of Education sent a SWAT team after someone defrauding student loans.

SWAT teams should be kept small in number and in the hands of well trained police units that have at least SOME inkling of when it is NOT appropriate to use them.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #28
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Maybe I didn't explain enough.

SWAT teams and armored cars are for penetrating a building or other facility where the bad guys are - that is AFTER the attack has already happened.

You don't need that at a NASA facility. First, like any secure facility, there is a perimeter fence including walls/embankments that a vehicle cannot climb. Second, you have guard shacks and gates that all visitors must drive through in order to get into the parking lots. Concrete barriers prevent someone from driving into the building instead of the parking lot. Third, you have guards - including armed ones - and metal detectors at the entrance doors.

None of that requires a SWAT team or an armored vehicle.

Every federal court house in the country has the armed guards and metal detectors right in the entrance lobby. That is what you need to stop armed terrorists from coming in.

If the terrorists decide to try a suicide bomber or a car bomb in the parking lot, having a SWAT team won't make a difference. They will get blown up, too.

And if terrorists DO succeed in capturing a NASA facility, there is no reason why NASA needs to call its own personal SWAT team.

They can call a SWAT team from the FBI (they will have jurisdiction over a federal facility) or they can call Houston PD.

The more authorities with control over a SWAT that you have, the more problems you will have. Which is why the Department of Education sent a SWAT team after someone defrauding student loans.

SWAT teams should be kept small in number and in the hands of well trained police units that have at least SOME inkling of when it is NOT appropriate to use them.
Good points.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #29
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Name one.
You started a thread on the militarization of the police. Alex been reporting this for years.
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #30
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodahero View Post
You started a thread on the militarization of the police. Alex been reporting this for years.
Alex Jones hasn't been reporting on the militarization of the police to any greater extent than any reputable news agency.

He has been reporting crazy conspiracy theories about secret cabals (i.e., Jews) that run the world.

To him, SWAT teams are evidence of the secret government.

In reality, SWAT teams are yet more evidence of wasteful government spending. The pols squander resources rather than finding ways to cut spending. So, they make up lame excuses about their need to have a SWAT team in towns with only 15,000 residents.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women