Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 01-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #166
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I must have missed something. What has Trump done in his first week in office? Stopped immigration from certain countries? And the Dow dropped 122 points because of it.

What other campaign promise has he tried to meet?
He put a lifetime ban on members of his Administration lobbying for foreign governments, and a five year ban on them lobbying for anyone.

I sort of remember Obama saying in 08 that he would do likewise, but I don't think he did.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #167
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly23 View Post
Alright dude, there are just certain things that will make me just be down with a person and denying the fact that people of my race and other minorities being prevented from voting in many states is one of them. It's a fact and it's been proven. If you can't believe that, I can't take anything you say seriously. Now you have to be one of two on the ignore list because you just proved you aren't trying to open your eyes to the wrongs people are dealing with.
There's a Youtube vid called "What Liberals Really Think of Black People."
This guy goes to liberal Berkley, CA, and asks white liberals why Voter ID is discriminatory. They all say that blacks don't have ID's and they can't "navigate" the system because they can't afford to have access to the internet and have less knowledge and skills.

Then the interviewer goes to a black neighborhood in New York and talks to a bunch of black people there. They all say they have ID's and are offended when he suggests that they can't afford to use the internet or other tools. They all have smart phones and are on the internet.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:38 PM   #168
Milly23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
This guy goes to liberal Berkley, CA, and asks white liberals why Voter ID is discriminatory. They all say that blacks don't have ID's and they can't "navigate" the system because they can't afford to have access to the internet and have less knowledge and skills.

Then the interviewer goes to a black neighborhood in New York and talks to a bunch of black people there. They all say they have ID's and are offended when he suggests that they can't afford to use the internet or other tools. They all have smart phones and are on the internet.

I'm sure that those people interviewed weren't older African Americans who don't use the internet and in most cases aren't really on phones. Those are the ones that it effects. And the poor, I know you may think all black neighborhoods are poor but that's not the case. That neighborhood can be different from 80% of others that are effected. You are seriously saying that voting laws that have been enacted since 2012 aren't targeting minorities when court after court are saying that is the case? Dude the NC court said the laws attacked the African American voters with surgical precision. It's not a myth. I love how you try to show that liberals think so bad of blacks in a round about way. I'm sure if they go ask some of those voters in the good ole heartland, they would say that blacks aren't voting because we are lazy and looking for handouts.
Milly23 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #169
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Alright dude, there are just certain things that will make me just be down with a person and denying the fact that people of my race and other minorities being prevented from voting in many states is one of them. It's a fact and it's been proven. If you can't believe that, I can't take anything you say seriously. Now you have to be one of two on the ignore list because you just proved you aren't trying to open your eyes to the wrongs people are dealing with.

Hey, that's really brave of you! Now you're saying – either agree with me or I'll put you on ignore!

What's wrong, millsy? Don't you have any confidence in your own debate skills? I'm a logical, reasonable person who is always open to fact-based argument. You, on the other hand, won't even address a simple question like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Was voter suppression a problem in the 2012 election, when blacks went to the polls in greater percentages than whites and others did?
Again, as I said already, I am not familiar with all the changes in state voting laws since 2012, so I won't generalize. But if North Carolina passed a law disproportionately reducing polling stations in minority neighborhoods, of course it's wrong. Where did I deny that? Oh wait, I didn't. By the way, that NC law was struck down by a federal court 3 months prior to election day.

Meanwhile, I did a little research and found there are plenty of states that have passed laws making it easier to vote since 2012. You don't want to acknowledge that since it doesn't fit your narrative that voter suppression is on the rise and it's all due to those evil Republicans.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:40 PM   #170
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Are you actually arguing about Voter ID laws...?
Yes we are, oinkboy, and it's way above your pay grade.

But say something stupid anyway just to pump up your eccie post count.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:00 PM   #171
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCVHB68cuY

Here's a partial list of things that require you to show a photo-ID:

1) Purchase of alcohol

2) Purchase of tobacco

3) Applying for a job

4) Applying for welfare

5) Driving, purchasing, or renting a car

6) Purchasing some over-the-counter medicines

7) R-Rated movies

8) Entering most bars

9) Purchasing a gun or applying for a firearm license

10) Opening a bank account, and occasionally when cashing checks

11) Renting a hotel room

12) Applying for a fishing license

13) Picking up a prescription

14) Donating blood
Old 01-31-2017, 06:25 AM   #172
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
He put a lifetime ban on members of his Administration lobbying for foreign governments, and a five year ban on them lobbying for anyone.

I sort of remember Obama saying in 08 that he would do likewise, but I don't think he did.

I don't remember that being a campaign promise but assuming it was, I really could not care less. Not a big deal at all. Anything else?

Two promises he made to us is that he would get us a sizeable tax reduction and set up term limits for congress. Looking forward to those 2.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #173
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Those won't happen.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #174
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm sure that those people interviewed weren't older African Americans who don't use the internet and in most cases aren't really on phones. Those are the ones that it effects. And the poor, I know you may think all black neighborhoods are poor but that's not the case. That neighborhood can be different from 80% of others that are effected. You are seriously saying that voting laws that have been enacted since 2012 aren't targeting minorities when court after court are saying that is the case? Dude the NC court said the laws attacked the African American voters with surgical precision. It's not a myth. I love how you try to show that liberals think so bad of blacks in a round about way. I'm sure if they go ask some of those voters in the good ole heartland, they would say that blacks aren't voting because we are lazy and looking for handouts.
The Courts are in error. They usually are.

Read the book "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" about how under Jeb Bush thousands of blacks in Florida were taken off the voter roles. That was a genuine case of electoral fraud and discrimination against blacks in Florida so that Jeb's brother could become President in 2000.

But the Courts never addressed that issue. It was never litigated.

Instead what's been litigated by these politically correct activists is ID statutes which cause all kinds of people of all races to be less likely to vote, and then they use specious theories that blacks or hispanics are "more likely" to be affected when there's no real evidence that they are more effected than poor whites or elderly whites.

Of course there are some poor blacks and elderly blacks who don't have IDs. But there's probably MORE poor and elderly whites who don't have IDs because whites are 60% of the population and blacks are only 12%.

What the film referenced on Youtube shows is that liberal whites think that most blacks are all poor and helpless and ignorant when they are NOT. Most blacks are actually employed at jobs and use their IDs to drive and have employment and all kinds of other things.

In case you haven't heard it takes an ID to get a job, and to claim that there's numbers of blacks without ID's insults them by implying that they have no jobs and just sit around doing nothing.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:51 AM   #175
Milly23
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Courts are in error. They usually are.

Read the book "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" about how under Jeb Bush thousands of blacks in Florida were taken off the voter roles. That was a genuine case of electoral fraud and discrimination against blacks in Florida so that Jeb's brother could become President in 2000.

But the Courts never addressed that issue. It was never litigated.

Instead what's been litigated by these politically correct activists is ID statutes which cause all kinds of people of all races to be less likely to vote, and then they use specious theories that blacks or hispanics are "more likely" to be affected when there's no real evidence that they are more effected than poor whites or elderly whites.

Of course there are some poor blacks and elderly blacks who don't have IDs. But there's probably MORE poor and elderly whites who don't have IDs because whites are 60% of the population and blacks are only 12%.

What the film referenced on Youtube shows is that liberal whites think that most blacks are all poor and helpless and ignorant when they are NOT. Most blacks are actually employed at jobs and use their IDs to drive and have employment and all kinds of other things.

In case you haven't heard it takes an ID to get a job, and to claim that there's numbers of blacks without ID's insults them by implying that they have no jobs and just sit around doing nothing.

Yes what happened in Florida is an example. But to say the courts didn't address that is issue is kinda false. They addressed that issue when they said that states like Florida didn't need to be precleared because discrimination against African Americans didn't happen anymore. Shelby came after what happened in Florida.

Yes people protest voter ID laws. The whole, well you need a ID to do all these other things is ridiculous reasoning. I don't have to go get job that requires an ID, I could work for myself or friend. I don't have to get on a plane ever if I don't want to. But I have a Constitutional right to vote. It's a right I was born with. To enact laws to access that right is an injustice. There are countries around the world were everyone gets off to vote, were you vote online, etc. Because it's suppose to be easy to elect the people who are suppose to represent you.

I think the numbers back that ID laws effect minorities more than whites. You can't look at who has the majority of the population and just say, well more people means that they will be effected more. That's not how things work. The numbers bear out that ID laws effect minorities at a higher rate. That's fact. It's also fact that with ID laws, you can't vote with your university student ID, but you can vote with your concealed-carry? That doesn't sound right.

Also, the laws aren't just about ID's. Look at what some laws do, like closing 100's of election sites in majority African American communities. Which means that the lines at their polling site will be a deterrent from voting. Yeah, voting laws aren't here to suppress the minority vote.

As for the film, the idea that liberal whites think that about African Americans, it's not just liberal whites. So don't pretend it is. It's conservative whites too. I mean the "what do you have to lose" stomp speech of Trump was littered with you have no jobs, you can't walk down the streets; all the stereotypes of our communities. He said the same thing about Rep. John Lewis district, probably not knowing a thing about. That view on African Americans is a bipartisan view. So if you want me to shake my head at liberals, I have to do it to just as much for conservatives.

Dude, I'm not insulting blacks. I'm black, you don't have to tell me we have jobs. And don't come at me with the I'm implying they have no jobs and sit around all day. That's not what being against voter ID laws are about. I'm sorry if you can't understand the feeling us blacks have when people enact laws where the goal is to stop us from voting. These laws weren't needed until a larger percentage of African Americans came out to vote. History repeating itself, the laws seems no different than a poll tax, grandfather clause, or literacy test. It's just a way to weed out our votes.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #176
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Let's see what Dr. Ben Carson has to say....

Quote:
Yes what happened in Florida is an example. But to say the courts didn't address that is issue is kinda false. They addressed that issue when they said that states like Florida didn't need to be precleared because discrimination against African Americans didn't happen anymore. Shelby came after what happened in Florida.

Yes people protest voter ID laws. The whole, well you need a ID to do all these other things is ridiculous reasoning. I don't have to go get job that requires an ID, I could work for myself or friend. I don't have to get on a plane ever if I don't want to. But I have a Constitutional right to vote. It's a right I was born with. To enact laws to access that right is an injustice. There are countries around the world were everyone gets off to vote, were you vote online, etc. Because it's suppose to be easy to elect the people who are suppose to represent you.

I think the numbers back that ID laws effect minorities more than whites. You can't look at who has the majority of the population and just say, well more people means that they will be effected more. That's not how things work. The numbers bear out that ID laws effect minorities at a higher rate. That's fact. It's also fact that with ID laws, you can't vote with your university student ID, but you can vote with your concealed-carry? That doesn't sound right.

Also, the laws aren't just about ID's. Look at what some laws do, like closing 100's of election sites in majority African American communities. Which means that the lines at their polling site will be a deterrent from voting. Yeah, voting laws aren't here to suppress the minority vote.

As for the film, the idea that liberal whites think that about African Americans, it's not just liberal whites. So don't pretend it is. It's conservative whites too. I mean the "what do you have to lose" stomp speech of Trump was littered with you have no jobs, you can't walk down the streets; all the stereotypes of our communities. He said the same thing about Rep. John Lewis district, probably not knowing a thing about. That view on African Americans is a bipartisan view. So if you want me to shake my head at liberals, I have to do it to just as much for conservatives.

Dude, I'm not insulting blacks. I'm black, you don't have to tell me we have jobs. And don't come at me with the I'm implying they have no jobs and sit around all day. That's not what being against voter ID laws are about. I'm sorry if you can't understand the feeling us blacks have when people enact laws where the goal is to stop us from voting. These laws weren't needed until a larger percentage of African Americans came out to vote. History repeating itself, the laws seems no different than a poll tax, grandfather clause, or literacy test. It's just a way to weed out our votes.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #177
Milly23
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Let's see what Dr. Ben Carson has to say....

Well that's great but anyone who knows history knows that that's misleading.
In fact, the Democratic Party from then was mostly Southern whites. This is were you had the Solid South. At that time most blacks were Republicans in the South. Then LBJ looked to bring those black voters into the Democratic Party and that angered those Southern whites who went for Goldwater and slowly all those Democrats Carson and you are talking about became Republicans. So yeah the Democratic Party was the party that did many racial outrageous things, but those who voted for those ideas actually became Republicans when Democratic leaders started pushing for civil rights. Which is why a majority of African Americans vote Democrat now. It's misleading to say those things with context. You can't judge a party on what it's history started out as, that's like pointing out that Lincoln was a Republican and freed the slaves. Great but now the Republican Party isn't liked by the descendants of those people because we've seen how they treat us. To think that because Ben Carson said something and he's black, means that it means more and is true. That's laughable. African Americans can see pass that BS.

But on a fun tangent: Ben Carson once said he was in line to get chicken and a guy got behind him and pointed a gun in his side. And Carson said I'm not the guy you want, pointed to the cashier and said, you want him. What a brilliant man. That's the guy I want giving me lessons on the history of our party system. A guy who told a guy with a gun to stick up the restaurant.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:49 PM   #178
bigdog225
Registered Member

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Well that's great but anyone who knows history knows that that's misleading.
In fact, the Democratic Party from then was mostly Southern whites. This is were you had the Solid South. At that time most blacks were Republicans in the South. Then LBJ looked to bring those black voters into the Democratic Party and that angered those Southern whites who went for Goldwater and slowly all those Democrats Carson and you are talking about became Republicans. So yeah the Democratic Party was the party that did many racial outrageous things, but those who voted for those ideas actually became Republicans when Democratic leaders started pushing for civil rights. Which is why a majority of African Americans vote Democrat now. It's misleading to say those things with context. You can't judge a party on what it's history started out as, that's like pointing out that Lincoln was a Republican and freed the slaves. Great but now the Republican Party isn't liked by the descendants of those people because we've seen how they treat us. To think that because Ben Carson said something and he's black, means that it means more and is true. That's laughable. African Americans can see pass that BS.

But on a fun tangent: Ben Carson once said he was in line to get chicken and a guy got behind him and pointed a gun in his side. And Carson said I'm not the guy you want, pointed to the cashier and said, you want him. What a brilliant man. That's the guy I want giving me lessons on the history of our party system. A guy who told a guy with a gun to stick up the restaurant.
Completely misleading, it annoys the crap out of me when people actually believe that crap
bigdog225 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #179
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

How can Ben Carson be HUD Secretary with that tinfoil hat on his dome?

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #180
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog225 View Post
Completely misleading, it annoys the crap out of me when people actually believe that crap
How soon they forget...

"Here are a few surprising facts about how the Civil Rights Act of 1964 became law:
1. More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politi...resting-facts/

I haven't seen the democrats this unhinged since the Republicans freed the slaves.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women