Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59906
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47514
pyramider46370
bambino40310
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2023, 06:19 PM   #16
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I would stick with what you’re leaning toward. Rivers, small mountains and tunnels cause a lot of clogged roads during rush hour.
Directly east of Pittsburgh and you lessen some of that.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:05 PM   #17
bigguyt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

It depends on if you need a good school district or not. If I was single and working in homestead I would look in the newer homes up the hill in squirrel hill. If you need a good school I would look into norwin, bethel park, usc, Mt lebo. I don't know much about Jefferson but there are some nice houses there.
bigguyt is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:09 PM   #18
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyt View Post
It depends on if you need a good school district or not. If I was single and working in homestead I would look in the newer homes up the hill in squirrel hill. If you need a good school I would look into norwin, bethel park, usc, Mt lebo. I don't know much about Jefferson but there are some nice houses there.
School district means nothing to me except in the terms of resale value. My youngest has graduated already. For me-- the biggest factors are safety and potential resale value in 5-7 years.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 11:48 PM   #19
bigguyt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Summerset in the frick is a cool neighborhood. It is in squirrel hill so the resale should never go down. The homes are pricey but the condos are reasonable. it is located across the river from homestead.

https://www.remax.com/pa/pittsburgh/...6?gallery=true
bigguyt is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 07:36 AM   #20
Big Stig
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

Im probably biased, but I live very nea downtown and find it extremely convenient. I like the proximity to dozens of great restaurants and other things. Property values are great and I could literally sell my house in 2 minutes at a pretty high asking price. The previous post mentioned Summerset just across the river from Homestead. That is a very nice city community. I have several friends that live there and love the neighborhood.
Big Stig is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 10:03 AM   #21
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

I just couldn’t bring myself to spend 700-mil on a place near the city when you can get double the square footage, with acreage, just 30 minutes drive in any direction. We looked at a place in Lawrenceville, on the zoo end of butler, for a kid who was in school in Oakland. Almost 800k for <2000 multi-leveled square feet, surrounded by ghettos. Hard pass, but someone must like them because the entire development is now sold.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 12:44 PM   #22
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
I just couldn’t bring myself to spend 700-mil on a place near the city when you can get double the square footage, with acreage, just 30 minutes drive in any direction.
I agree 100% with you on that. You get a lot more for your money in the suburbs along with lower income taxes. And if safety is the biggest factor, while there are some nice neighborhoods in the city, I don't think anyone would say they are safer than the nicer suburban areas
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 05:21 PM   #23
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

It is lovely-- but likely a bit out of budget for me. My cap on the absolute high end is going to be around 300k. That's part of the reason why I'm probably going to be leaning more towards Westmoreland, etc... more bang for the buck and all that jazz.
Old 06-23-2023, 08:28 PM   #24
Typo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Need more info on where the work will be. It’s tough not having to cross a river to get places around here, it will drastically limit your choices. Check out the Finleyville, Venetia, Nottingham Twp, Eighty Four areas of Washington County. There’s still some decent deals to be had, the high rent districts of McMurray/Peters/Canonsburg/USC haven’t creeped all the way there quite yet.
☝️ This. There are parts of Venetia and Nottingham that can get you to Homestead and Munhall without a bridge or tunnel. Property values are increasing. Peters Township as well, but that would push you over your top end. Canonsburg still has some very nice real estate in your price range, but will add a bit more time to your commute. The tradeoff to Canonsburg is increase in property value that might outpace other areas in your 5-7 year timeline. If you would prefer to be closer than those areas in Washington County, check out Bethel Park, Jefferson Hills, and Whitehall. Parts of all have good access to Homestead/Munhall without a bridge or tunnel.

Best of luck!
Typo is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:51 PM   #25
Jacuzzme
BANNED

You’ll be able to get something real nice on that budget. 3 bed 2 bath ~2000 square feet~ish with a decent yard. I recently POA sold a relative’s place, actually not far from holmstead, which was 3br/1.5bath about 1800sf with a nice yard for 219.

There’s a lot of property for sale in West Mifflin, which is a stones throw from holmstead, that are within your budget. One on Lisa St caught my eye. That’s in the Clover Crest plan, a nice little family oriented subdivision near the now defunct Century 3 Mall.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 06-24-2023, 12:08 AM   #26
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typo View Post
☝️ This. There are parts of Venetia and Nottingham that can get you to Homestead and Munhall without a bridge or tunnel. Property values are increasing. Peters Township as well, but that would push you over your top end. Canonsburg still has some very nice real estate in your price range, but will add a bit more time to your commute. The tradeoff to Canonsburg is increase in property value that might outpace other areas in your 5-7 year timeline. If you would prefer to be closer than those areas in Washington County, check out Bethel Park, Jefferson Hills, and Whitehall. Parts of all have good access to Homestead/Munhall without a bridge or tunnel.

Best of luck!
I think you make a good point about property appreciation. It will vary by area but I agree the up and coming areas in Washington County that you mentioned have been and will likely continue to appreciate faster than older established Allegheny County Communities like West Mifflin / Pleasant Hills / Etc. and likely also holds true vs older established Westmoreland County Communities

Just depends on how important that potential property appreciation is to someone
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 06:55 AM   #27
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

My biggest thing with appreciation is just making sure I at least hold value, if not gain a little. When I bought in Cincinnati-- I managed to choose an area where I'm just barely going to break even-- and given the fact that I bought right before the boom, that should tell you how poor my choice was LOL
Old 06-24-2023, 06:59 AM   #28
eclipse21
Premium Access

Encounters: 86

Baldwin Brentwood brookline are close and ok area
eclipse21 is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 08:06 AM   #29
Jacuzzme
BANNED

The real estate market is volatile. Appreciation will be all about timing.
Old 06-24-2023, 08:40 AM   #30
Big Stig
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

As for the city vs suburbs, that's truly a personal preference. Having lived in suburban hell for many years, I will never ever return to that lifestyle. I am a hardcore city person. But, I do get why people gravitate to the suburbs. It's definitely cheaper in some ways. For what I paid for my house in the city, you could easily buy a 4000 sqft cookie cutter mcmansion in the burbs. If that works for you, great. But its not for everyone.
Big Stig is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women