Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Questions for the Staff - Austin
Questions for the Staff - Austin Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452921
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
homer13
Account Disabled

Encounters: 52
Default Why did the points not go away

This was brought up last year and Space replied that if a hobbyist serves a 90 day ban for point accumulation of 25 points that when the hobbyist ban is served the points revert back to zero. I am attaching that link. I came back with 14 points and was told they do not by a different mod. I am very confused as why two mods for the same area would have different answers and even more confused at why mine didn't go to zero.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=553852
homer13 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemtn View Post
It is a great question.

If you accumulate 25 points you get an AUTOMATIC vacation for 90 days. It is my understanding that your count is re-set to 0 when you return.

If you are banned for some other reason so 1 day, 3 days, 7days, 14 days, etc, then your point count remains until they expire.

I hope this gives everyone a better picture of points and bans. Truth be told, we really don't really want to point or ban anyone. This site like any message board driven entity runs on membership and the more the merrier. Bans exist for when there is no other viable solution to chaos and anarchy.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff

To answer the question, they do not reset or go away as I had believed. If you read my post above, I stated "It is my understanding....." and that understanding was not correct and has been clarified by the owners and they do not reset just because of a forced vacation.

I think that most of our prolific posters in Austin can attest that both ztonk and myself will give lots and lots of warnings to stave off those final points that send someone on forced vacation. There is no great pleasure from a member getting a ban of any type. We would always rather have everyone here, contributing, but within the posting guidelines, of course.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Guest062019
Valued Poster

Encounters: 91

So what if you get more points after your 90 day vacation?
Guest062019 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Depends on point total , 25 and vacation !
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
homer13
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemtn View Post
To answer the question, they do not reset or go away as I had believed. If you read my post above, I stated "It is my understanding....." and that understanding was not correct and has been clarified by the owners and they do not reset just because of a forced vacation.

I think that most of our prolific posters in Austin can attest that both ztonk and myself will give lots and lots of warnings to stave off those final points that send someone on forced vacation. There is no great pleasure from a member getting a ban of any type. We would always rather have everyone here, contributing, but within the posting guidelines, of course.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Not to be disrespectful or dickish about it but this section is "ask the staff" so the answers really should be accurate. I would think rather then guess you could clarify before answering. I based my go fuck yourself post on the belief that I would get banned and then come back at zero. Had I Known that I wouldn't, I most likely would not have told you that, which I'm sure you didn't appreciate, and I wouldn't have taken that road.

This is exactly the kind of thing that happens when mis-information in given. Someone eventually is told to go fuck themselves.

Don't point me by the way, I am not endorsing my previous go fuck yourself post or in anyway telling you to go fuck yourself I am just explaining my previous actions.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
fun2come
You'll Love My Nuts!

Encounters: 118

Homer, why do you care? Didn't the punishment make you a better Eccie citizen?
Do you NOT plan to play by the rules?
Are you telling us that you haven't learned shit and need to be banned permanently?

I do NOT call them Mod Gods for nothing. They make the rules and your bitching ain't gonna change that.

P.S. How do I apply for the Mod God position that should have opened up by now a little North of ATX? How am I doing so far?

P.P.S. I am with Homer on this one. Please don't guess, but tell us what it is.
fun2come is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Who's Your Daddy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

Maybe Spacemtn should be given a pay cut for the misunderstanding. Homer you're on a Ho Board in cyberspace.....Get over it and move on.
Who's Your Daddy is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Homer, I agree wholeheartedly that we need to give accurate information. In this case and many others, there is not a written guideline that Mods or Members can access and follow.

The actual ruling from the Owners came up because we (Mods and Staff) were asked to report issues that we noticed after a big software update had taken place. It was notices that points were not resetting after a 90 day automatic ban and an inquiry was posted in the staff area to ask the programmers to "fix" the glitch.

We (Staff) were told at that time that the points did not reset and maintained until expiration. BTW, this did occur after your time away started.

Usually when someone crosses a line, I will post the actual Guideline referencing the question, warning, or points. In this case when I answered your question, there was no written guideline to post so I used the term "It is my understanding....." instead. Perhaps the moral here is that none of us should tell other members to "Go fuck themselves"!!!

I think that any of us would like to be able to be correct 100% of the time, but like most of us, I too, sink when I jump in the lake.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff

Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
Babybottlepop
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 177275
My ECCIE Reviews

5125549906 I'm liberity Just wanted to give a shout out my name is liberty I'm new to this web site and excited to join the fun! Please contact me if u want to give any guidance on my new member ship or any neat tips. Again my name is Liberty, eager to explore every aspect of life with a high spirt and slight sinful attitude,and I'm a very petite young lady with all the right curves and ivory soft skin blonde hair blue eyes call me 5125549906
Babybottlepop is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #10
Babybottlepop
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 177275
My ECCIE Reviews

Sorry I was trying to figure out how to post lol
Babybottlepop is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #11
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer13 View Post
I based my go fuck yourself post on the belief that I would get banned and then come back at zero. Had I Known that I wouldn't, I most likely would not have told you that, which I'm sure you didn't appreciate, and I wouldn't have taken that road.
You told a mod to "go fuck yourself," expecting to get the reward that all your previous points would be deleted when you came back after 90 days?

However, I do agree that the "standard" policies should be better documented. I can also tell you from ASPD experience that the local mods often don't have the complete story. Heck, even the admins don't always know. Even the owners sometimes don't understand how the software works.

I always thought it was an error to let users get the idea that the point system was an allocation of bad behaviour that they were allowed to spend as they see fit.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
amoryb
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

I don't believe I've ever had any points. If I did, where would they show up? How would I know how many I had?

Thanks
amoryb is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #13
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoryb View Post
I don't believe I've ever had any points. If I did, where would they show up? How would I know how many I had?

Thanks
You'll get a personal message when/if you get some.

Your point count will show up under "infractions" on your profile page. I think if you have no points, there may be no "infractions" tab, but it will be between the "statistics" and "contact info" tabs if you have any.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
amoryb
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Thanks.
amoryb is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
homer13
Account Disabled

My question was satisfactory answered and I don't really see any need or value left in keeping it open since you also addressed this in the original points thread which is still open.

Feel free to close this train wreck.

Oh and GG, I can't honestly tell you what I expected at the very moment I told him to go fuck himself as I was very, very, very H#$% at the time and probably pretty drunk too. I do remember the original points thread though and said what would happen so to answer your question yes I did expect to come back at zero. How you get your 25 points has little to do with if they were gonna reset or not.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women