Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 08-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #6796
jstone420
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Big trouble
jstone420 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #6797
Moonlight Graham
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

So what's the football equivalent of baseball's Wins Above Replacement for down goes Foster?

Is it two more games lost over the season? Three? Four? More?

Whatever the number, that's more than kind of blue. Or Thomas or Johnson or whoever.
Moonlight Graham is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #6798
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Sounds like another mediocre season ahead......
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #6799
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Much adieu about Foster.
The Kubiak system made Foster. He wasn't necessarily the best back for BoB.

Sure, Foster had some talent but so did Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, etc. at Denver when Kubiak was the OC. Remember those guys? They all had that same ability to make a cut and run north and south and they were great backs...at Denver. I've said it about Foster before and all those other guys were perfect for the zone blocking scheme Kubiak runs.
Look for a Denver back, probably CJ Anderson, if he gets the concept, to make a big splash this year under the same tutelage.

The one thing that Foster did as well as any back I've seen since Lydell Mitchell is get that extra yard or two when the play was done. Just falling forward with a lunge if nothing else. Foster even lost that edge the last year or so.

Foster's biggest asset coming into this season under a fully implemented BoB offense probably wasn't his running as much as it was his ability to read the blitz and pick it up or become the hot receiver not his ability to be a bruising back. That's not Foster's style.

We need a more prototypical back that can pound away, pick up the blitz and catch the fucking ball. Preferably more than one. There's nothing wrong with running back by committee in today's NFL. Look at last year's Patriots.

Blue can be a bruising back, so can Hilliard, whether they can read the defenses and react accordingly and catch the ball remains to be seen. The Texans have some backs with physical talent, understanding the offense and knowing where to get open when the time comes is the challenge.

Sounds like Thomas might not get a contract here after all. He might have been the best choice since there's no way McNair is going to take a chance on Rice. Hell, any FAs other than Rice who are available this late are more than likely washed up anyway.

Blue, Grimes, Polk, Hilliard...Next man up!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #6800
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
I heard Chris Johnson and Knowshon Moreno being mentioned. No way Ray Rice comes here. I think we should "kick the tires" on anyone available, but prefer we stick with what we have. Those guys all have injury problems and are washed up.

Let's see what Rick does.
I agree with kicking the tires but we've drafted some backs. Either they are good enough or they need to go. If they aren't careful they are sending the wrong message to those guys for the team to be in panic mode over Foster. Pull 'em in and tell 'em to man up and win the spot that is now wide ass open.

Johnson just wasn't the same back the last couple of years in Tennessee. He went down way too easy. There were contract issues that may have had something to do with his attitude but damn, if you're getting on the field play every down like it's your last or don't go out there!

I don't get Moreno. He had the size and speed to be a great NFL back. Something there just appears to have not clicked on the pro level for him. Other than a really good season a couple of years ago he just hasn't lived up to the potential he showed his rookie year. He had some fumblitis early on but seemed to correct that. The up side is there should still be some tread left but why is he still a FA this late in the off season?
Old 08-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #6801
spear88
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Boardman, don't know what you are smoking but you are just incorrect. Foster is an exceptional talent who doesn't come along very often. Here is a little information. Since being on the team the Texans are 3 and 20 when Foster doesn't play.
spear88 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #6802
junglemonkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

To hell with Arian Foster. He loss all my support after he got lazy and got caught with the Junglemonkey Scholorship Fund applicant. And be damaged her bod by knocking her up. Such a Rookie move.

Nevertheless, it's TIME TO GET IN THERE WITH THE OX MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
junglemonkey is online now   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #6803
DickEmDown
Trick

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
The one thing that Foster did as well as any back I've seen since Lydell Mitchell is get that extra yard or two when the play was done.
DAYUM, Lydell Mitchell...now that's a name I haven't heard in a while, good old #26

As for Foster...I heard his baby mama went down to the swamps of Louisiana and found someone to put some VooDoo on the kid
DickEmDown is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #6804
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
DAYUM, Lydell Mitchell...now that's a name I haven't heard in a while, good old #26

As for Foster...I heard his baby mama went down to the swamps of Louisiana and found someone to put some VooDoo on the kid
Yea DED, played in the same backfield as our man Franco Harris in college.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #6805
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis were damn good RB's.

Kubes never made anybody better!! He fucking sucked ass and teabagged Elway.

Foster was exceptional. The yardage he gained behind our notoriously shitty Offensive Line was remarkable. Blue is not the same back and Foster will be greatly missed.

The lack of weapons on offense is scary. B'OB will have to coach his ass off to put up some points for us. Gonna be some boring ass games, 6-3, 10-7 type shit for us to win. Fat Randy better kick like a mfer every opportunity he gets.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #6806
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Now the real question:

WHY THE FUCK didn't Philosofoster have surgery in the off mutha fuckin season?? This is the same problem as before, didn't our crack GM make him take a physical??? Once again this falls back on a terrible front office and the limp dick owner!!!
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #6807
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by spear88 View Post
Boardman, don't know what you are smoking but you are just incorrect. Foster is an exceptional talent who doesn't come along very often. Here is a little information. Since being on the team the Texans are 3 and 20 when Foster doesn't play.
I thinck you are overestimating my criticism.
I've had a lot of good things to say about Foster but I firmly believe he had the production that he did because he was a perfect fit for the system he was in. Sure, his vision had something to do with that. The guy could see the holes develop in that zone scheme and hit it before anyone else knew it was there. That's the design of that offense and it takes a back with his vision and quickness to make it work right. That's not criticism, it's a compliment and I've been saying the same thing about his fit in the Kubiak offense for years.

No doubt, dude is smooth as silk, and has good speed and even some power when he needs it but I don't thinck he would have been nearly as productive in a backfield that runs a more conventional pounding type running game. Marshawn Lynch he ain't. His durability has been an issue almost every year even with the type of offense he's been in that has kept him from getting hit a whole lot. Put him in Seattle's or Pittsburgh's backfield and he's an average back if he is even able to stay on the field..

If he comes back at mid season and proves he can handle the load I'll eat my words. Until then though, I stand by it.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:32 AM   #6808
BigLouie
Valued Poster

The offense will suck because BoB and Rick out smarted themselves. None of the QBs matched the metrics BoB wanted so they passed. Now the Texans are stuck with a couple of below average QBs, one with almost no up side. Reports from the Jags are that Bortles had made the second year jump and it's day and Night from last year. Meanwhile Marcus had not thrown an interception in OATs our training camp.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #6809
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis were damn good RB's.

Kubes never made anybody better!! He fucking sucked ass and teabagged Elway.

Foster was exceptional. The yardage he gained behind our notoriously shitty Offensive Line was remarkable. Blue is not the same back and Foster will be greatly missed.

The lack of weapons on offense is scary. B'OB will have to coach his ass off to put up some points for us. Gonna be some boring ass games, 6-3, 10-7 type shit for us to win. Fat Randy better kick like a mfer every opportunity he gets.

And Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary? Were they damn good backs too or did they just fit a good system that produced a ton of yards on the ground over several years?

Here's a little wiki clip.

Olandis Gary
His best season came in 1999 when, replacing an injured Terrell Davis, he rushed for 1159 yards on 276 attempts, a 4.2 yards per carry average, with seven touchdowns.... ...He was one of many Broncos running backs to have success in Denver's potent run blocking system, along with Davis, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell and Selvin Young.

You're revising history a little bit there about a notoriously shitty offensive line.
For a couple of years there they had Duane Brown, Eric Winston, Mike Briesiel, Wade Smith and Chris Myers. It was one of the most potent and consistent offensive lines in the league I believe.

Was Steve Slaton a damn good back? He avereaged over 4 yds per carry with the Texans. If he had stayed healthy Foster may not have ever even gotten a chance.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #6810
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
The offense will suck because BoB and Rick out smarted themselves. None of the QBs matched the metrics BoB wanted so they passed. Now the Texans are stuck with a couple of below average QBs, one with almost no up side. Reports from the Jags are that Bortles had made the second year jump and it's day and Night from last year. Meanwhile Marcus had not thrown an interception in OATs our training camp.
And reports I heard today said that Savage is looking way better than he did last year. Most players make the most significant leap between years 1 and 2. The Jags are still going to suck.

Mariota not throwing an interception says more about the Titans defensive backfield than it does Mariota's talent if they can't pick off a rookie QB in his first week of training camp...or he's thrown nothing downfield, AT ALL. I'd just about guarantee you Manning and Brady have already thrown INTs. Just the sheer number of passes they thrown in practice dictates they are going to throw some bad ones. You don't learn what a bad pass is otherwise.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women