Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40282
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 03-28-2024, 12:00 AM   #46
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
No biggie here. Rebuild the bridge.
No biggie ???

Do you have any idea the impact this has on the East Coast or how long it takes to rebuild a bridge like this ?

And let us not forget the families of those killed.

But you think all of that is no biggie
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:15 AM   #47
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
We can agree that a VERY Thorough and complete investigation is due in this event- nobody needs to jump to conclusions on it being intentional until we get a complete idea of the actions and events onboard that ship.

The whole thing needs to be investigated in no different a manner than an airplane accident- and fully going over all the different data and interviews. This is far too expensive to gloss over in my opinion.
We agree on both these points. Too bad there are some claiming it clearly was already ruled an accident and no investigation is needed.

And yes, while one person has posted a variety of theories regarding foul play - unless I missed it, he has not claimed no investigation is needed. Rather, it seems he favors a full investigation into these foul play theories.

Again, I assume you would agree that no one should be falsely claiming it was clearly an accident when no in depth investigation has occurred. Everything about the incident should be investigated, including those theories regarding foul play
Old 03-28-2024, 05:24 AM   #48
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Looked to me like they lost rudder control in a hard turn, from how it almost got through then 180d back into the peir. No power, hydraulic pumps shut down while in a turn, boat circles back, boom. Not sure about boats, but aircraft have at least one redundant system to allow flight controls to be manually operated in the event of hydraulic failure.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:34 AM   #49
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

9 knots is a high rate of speed entering a port. Especially close to a bridge.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-by-ship-type/
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:35 AM   #50
VR6MK2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Why is the Federal government paying for the rebuilding of the collapsed Baltimore bridge, as Biden stated today and not the insurance company of the ship?? Another fishy thing among many about this.
This really makes me wonder too…
VR6MK2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:20 AM   #51
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

The investigators know what happened
It's been reported 24 7 now. Time to rebuild. Maybe put this pillar in a different place. It's been hit before.
Where have I posted no investigation needed? I won't wait cause it's false
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:49 AM   #52
winn dixie
Premium Access

There's other ports that will gladly pickup the workloads. Plus it shouldn't take to long to remove enough wreckage so some boat traffic can start. The bridge was built before these large behemoth boats were built. Time to rebuild replace with new and better. Hopefully with all recycled materials
Old 03-28-2024, 08:20 AM   #53
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Why is the Federal government paying for the rebuilding of the collapsed Baltimore bridge, as Biden stated today and not the insurance company of the ship?? Another fishy thing among many about this.
I don’t know how much it’s going to cost to rebuild that bridge, but am sure it’s a metric fuck-ton. They probably don’t have insurance for anywhere near that much and the job needs done as quickly as possible. The government could always sue to recoup whatever they can of taxpayer money, but getting it done takes priority.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:39 AM   #54
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

That boat was doomed. Once it passes the grassy knoll, it was heading to Sri Lanka. Definitely would have fallen off the edge of the flat Earth before getting there.
Definitely.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:06 AM   #55
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
The investigators know what happened
It's been reported 24 7 now.
Why do you keep repeating this when no investigation has been done - an investigation that will take months of not more than a year?

Once again, anyone claiming it was an accident with no real investigation doesn't want to know the truth. Hell even Eye and I agree on that
Old 03-28-2024, 10:41 AM   #56
winn dixie
Premium Access

Brah, we know what happened. A boat lost power and hit the bridge.
No foul play expected no conspiracy theory.
But yes they'll investigate down to the exact ground wire and circuit .
But magas won't believe it. This thread is obvious.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:41 AM   #57
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
That boat was doomed. Once it passes the grassy knoll, it was heading to Sri Lanka. Definitely would have fallen off the edge of the flat Earth before getting there.
Definitely.
Yep. Definitely Al-Qaeda. In the study, with the candlestick.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:43 AM   #58
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
Once again, anyone claiming it was an accident with no real investigation doesn't want to know the truth. Hell even Eye and I agree on that
Same goes for anyone claiming it was "an attack" caused by "open borders" before any real investigation takes place. Those people not only don't want to know the truth, they're also racist morons.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:55 PM   #59
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Brah, we know what happened. A boat lost power and hit the bridge.
No foul play expected no conspiracy theory.
But yes they'll investigate down to the exact ground wire and circuit .
But magas won't believe it. This thread is obvious.
Losing power shouldn’t cause it to hit anything unless it uses thrust vectoring, like a CV-22 or modern cruise ship, to steer. I find it REALLY strange, nearly impossible to believe, that there’s no way to steer or stop the vessel in the event of total loss of electrical power. You can land a commercial airliner, using redundant systems, with a total loss of power and no operational engines. One would think there’d be similar maritime safeties built in to any ship used for commercial shipping.

I’m not advocating that this was a terrorist attack or anything similar, but it certainly puts the commercial shipping industry, and whoever is regulating it, in a bad light.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:18 PM   #60
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

I'm not a shipping expert, or have knowledge on big ships like this, but I would think that a backup generator would be mandatory both in and out of port - just for such emergencies. Having a dual failure such as a main generator and thrust controls only controlled on one system would likely be a huge mistake. Now that said they could have had some sort of issue with either fuel, or fuel pressure etc which could have doomed all the backup systems too - lots of conjecture but possibilities
eyecu2 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women